Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

You can shoot 2 whitetails in regions 8 and 4 as well.

Hasn't done anything except help mule deer populations.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

When you get done circling the wagons, go back and look at the rational for the decrease in mule deer bag limits. A 25% increase in hunter numbers, is a direct result of where you can get the most bang for your buck.
    Three years ago you could go to region 3 during the month of October and have the opportunity to take 2 antlerless white tail, any mule deer buck, and an immature bull moose.
    Sounds pretty inviting when its close to home for the majority of this provinces hunters.
    Do you think maybe some Kamloops wildlife staff screwed up big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    You can shoot 2 whitetails in regions 8 and 4 as well.

Hasn't done anything except help mule deer populations.
    So mule deer numbers are increasing BC wide lol

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Why can the two species survive in other jurisdictions but not in BC's region 3?
    In other jurisdictions with WT and MD living sympatrically, they shoot the WTs at double or more the rate we do.

Most US jurisdictions take 15% plus of the WT does every year.

We're barely up to 7% with bucks and does combined. We have to up our game on WT harvest if we want to manage for other species like MD.

If we want to manage for WT, we'll have to accept far lower populations of MD. Make your choice.
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    So mule deer numbers are increasing BC wide lol
    In some areas. We've seen rebounds in region 8 in quite a few areas since 2010 in conjunction with habitat changes for the better. Has slowed the decline in other areas.

If we shoot more WT, we can help reverse the decline of MD in those areas.

Depends what you want to manage for - high WT or high MD numbers. Do hunters want to give up on MD and switch 100% to WT? We can do it if that's what people want.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    When you get done circling the wagons, go back and look at the rational for the decrease in mule deer bag limits. A 25% increase in hunter numbers, is a direct result of where you can get the most bang for your buck.
    Three years ago you could go to region 3 during the month of October and have the opportunity to take 2 antlerless white tail, any mule deer buck, and an immature bull moose.
    Sounds pretty inviting when its close to home for the majority of this provinces hunters.
    Do you think maybe some Kamloops wildlife staff screwed up big time.
    Considering the vast majority of hunters who aren't familiar with the region would be really lucky to trip over a WT doe or a forky muley, methinks you dost exaggerate too much.

You keep showing your hand when you bitch about hunter numbers though. Spikes or drops in harvest would be something meaningful to discuss, rather than x% increase in hunters.

i cant believe we're still bickering over regulation changes, especially whitetail doe seasons!!!... do you guys not see there is more to it than fighting other hunters? let the Bios do there jobs!! if your not educated on the subject keep your thoughts to yourself!!!
    Last edited by zippermouth; 01-19-2018 at 05:48 PM.
    I'm sure the wolves are not in the area to howl Kumbaya at the moon and eat granola. "Ourea"

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    In some areas. We've seen rebounds in region 8 in quite a few areas since 2010 in conjunction with habitat changes for the better. Has slowed the decline in other areas.

If we shoot more WT, we can help reverse the decline of MD in those areas.

Depends what you want to manage for - high WT or high MD numbers. Do hunters want to give up on MD and switch 100% to WT? We can do it if that's what people want.
    Region 8 I support WT season just the way it is population is solid enough. Had an over aboundance in does in my opinion

Don’t buy into the management theory and instead support habitat will play the roll of the future of these species.

Too many long standing populations where they coexist in the same area dominating different habitat.

Truth is the only mule deer I see at true risk is those that live in habitat that WT are way more adapted to. In my opinion this can only be delayed at best

WT will never 100% push mule deer out but both species have habitat they will dominate no matter what we do

WT don't push out mule deer.

What WT do is support high cat populations that should instead follow the ebb and flow of mule deer populations.

That is a death sentence for mule deer.

So it is your opinion FD we should kill moose to protect caribou?