Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

You want to see an example of the miss management of deer in this province, have a look at region 3.
    By their numbers region 3, 6500- 9000 white tail deer and you can shoot 2 antlerless.
    Compared to region 4, 38000-62000, 1 antlerless limit. Region 8, 31000-44000, 1 antlerless limit.
    If somebody wants to start a petition similar to the one in the Kootenays, you will get my support.
    You folks in the regions 4 and 8 better hope the wildlife manager from Kamloops doesn't decide to transfer your way.
    By the way in case you didn't notice region 3 just reduced their mule deer bag limit and are part of the change to 1 mule deer in the interior regions.

Even at a 2/yr doe season the wt will survive around my place. If the wolves can't clean em out huntin 24-7 the out of towners sure as heck ain't gonna clean em out in a month long season
    They are survivors, much more adaptable then the mule deer.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Check out the effects of low buck to doe ratios in Colorado

Truth is there is so many theories/studies on ratios and contritions on correct levels. Goals in North America range from 15/100 to 45/100( some even higher)and everywhere has there reasons. Found 1 study that says they have no effect on herd health others that claim increased survival to deer ( fawns,does,and buck) increase in body weight over years of higher buck ratios.

So some think ratios are not important others think they can have a large impact on herd health all have scientific data supporting theories

Done debating everyone can go do their own research and reach their own opinions

it would make sense that the difficulty of the terrain (slope, snow, distance) would all factor in on how much energy it takes a buck to cover the ground to find the does....obviously this would have a huge effect on how many does he can breed...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    They took both male and female bison did not matter to them and if it is true that they did target only female bison then that the reason they almost depleted the herds meaning no new recruitment..
    My family were buffalo hunters several generations were employed by the HBC to do so, the females were harvested for their meat and were targeted as such, the males for the robes, the robes were also used from the females but, the males were preferred for that.
    Its pretty simple to figure out how to take out/control the growth/decline of any species I am aware of.

I dont target does anymore, I used to when they were on leh, but since they have been gos, I dont bother, others can do so and I have no problem with it as there are lots of them it seems in some area's, not my area however.

I am seeing them regularily in the kamloops area. Had a buck run through my yard 4 nights ago. Most of my sightings are early in the morning before it is light.I have never targeted them specifly like tree stands or blinds,so as far as hunting I dont know how abundant they are.I suspect that from the numbers i see that they are doing okay.

Its one big viscus circle out there in nature right now for all prey animals and predator animals I am no expert but I see whats going on out there
    and its hard to fix all we can do is give input on our thoughts whats right or wrong but its not fixing it is it get worse

PS,,,,,, one thing I would love to see is a GOS year around on wolfs where the wolf population in regions that are high in numbers would help somewhat..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-19-2018 at 09:02 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Even at a 2/yr doe season the wt will survive around my place. If the wolves can't clean em out huntin 24-7 the out of towners sure as heck ain't gonna clean em out in a month long season
    They are survivors, much more adaptable then the mule deer.
    Two things wrong about this , first all the wt in your area are only still there because they are on private property in the "ville" and two , the wolves have just started to show up .... give it a few years ...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Just clue into Yukon mountain man the tv series there on the same page as I am they always say they never kill females because the females are what keeps
    the recruitment going I am on the same page as they are
    Sorry Wayne, but I'll go with the professional opinion of every wildlife biologist in North America, including Geist, instead of some clowns on TV that seem to fall off a roof, get their snowmobile stuck, or chop off a finger on every show.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    You want to see an example of the miss management of deer in this province, have a look at region 3.
    By their numbers region 3, 6500- 9000 white tail deer and you can shoot 2 antlerless.
    Compared to region 4, 38000-62000, 1 antlerless limit. Region 8, 31000-44000, 1 antlerless limit.
    If somebody wants to start a petition similar to the one in the Kootenays, you will get my support.
    You folks in the regions 4 and 8 better hope the wildlife manager from Kamloops doesn't decide to transfer your way.
    By the way in case you didn't notice region 3 just reduced their mule deer bag limit and are part of the change to 1 mule deer in the interior regions.
    Maybe the wildlife managers are trying to keep the whitetail numbers in region 3 less then 10,000 animals. How is that mismanaging the heard? I'm not sure of the management goals though. Do you know what the management goals of the ministry are? How many whitetails do they want in region 3?

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Two things wrong about this , first all the wt in your area are only still there because they are on private property in the "ville" and two , the wolves have just started to show up .... give it a few years ...
    You tell him how it is Danny he only has more current boots on the ground experience there than about anyone and I'm not talking about private property.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this