Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Ourea, i remember several years ago you getting a ton of wolf action on your trail cams for elk in the Koots. Just curious of what things are like there now. How did the elk fare? Did the wolves finally move on? Last I recall you were still finding trophy bulls but most had flipped to being nocturnal. Did they finally flip back to daylight allowing for good hunting again? I have been out of the loop for several years now. Curious how things turned out for ya.
    Curious about that as well?
    Regardless of what LBM says, I still see wolves in the area I hunt, although it is the EK (not sure if Ourea is WK?)
    They haven't moved on, but they seem to wash in and out like waves, up and then down the valley, then back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Regardless of what LBM says, I still see wolves in the area I hunt, although it is the EK (not sure if Ourea is WK?)
    They haven't moved on, but they seem to wash in and out like waves, up and then down the valley, then back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Ourea, i remember several years ago you getting a ton of wolf action on your trail cams for elk in the Koots. Just curious of what things are like there now. How did the elk fare? Did the wolves finally move on? Last I recall you were still finding trophy bulls but most had flipped to being nocturnal. Did they finally flip back to daylight allowing for good hunting again? I have been out of the loop for several years now. Curious how things turned out for ya.
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...-Valley/page25
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    the north thompson has very low new recruits..same with the peace and a lot of region 8...
    niche pockets are still holding mature animals but fawns and calves are hard to find.
    line beetle didnt help with no cover left and roads every where...i do not understand the cycle but i think pred numbers are actually going down as are ungulate population province wide is hittin a crash.
    What part of region 8? I'm seeing good whitetail recruitment everywhere I look....

So what did LBM say, besides that there is trappers in there setting for wolves which you say there is not.
    I see now what ourea means by people trying to fracture the hunting community. Or what there motive is.
    Last edited by LBM; 01-18-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    I see now what ourea means by people trying to fracture the hunting community. Or what there motive is.
    Haven't you got the message yet...didn't people tell you....
    Your on the "Ignore List"! (by quite a few members now...FYI)
    Congratulations!!!....you came in 2nd!...right behind Jassmine!!

Haven't you got the message yet...didn't people tell you....
    Your on the "Ignore List"! (by quite a few members now...FYI)
    Congratulations!!!....you came in 2nd!...right behind Jassmine!!
    Looks like some people don't like the truth when they hear it, or caught in there BS , I Think it was gcreek that used that quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Sorry Wayne but your opinion is wrong and its not to late to educate yourself to the ways of sound game management I expect to see a picture of you next year with a 200lb doe

Its not wrong look at it this way humans don't shoot females the females give birth and look at the numbers of humans same as nature I don't agree and so much for our game management they have done nothing to improve any of out game animals infarct they the management has made it worse the way I see it it's called miss management and over my many years of hunting its always been this way..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-18-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Just clue into Yukon mountain man the tv series there on the same page as I am they always say they never kill females because the females are what keeps
    the recruitment going I am on the same page as they are

Forget all this bullshit about doe to buck ratio it's bullshit I don't buy it one buck will keep on the move and the buck will pregnant many does and if the does are being shot it might work out to just one year many hundreds of deer over that year will be lost in one region meaning recruitment lets face it no one is out there to know how this unfolds including me..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 01-18-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Just clue into Yukon mountain man the tv series there on the same page as I am they always say they never kill females because the females are what keeps
    the recruitment going I am on the same page as they are
    That is how the massive buffalo herds were diminished.