Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Re: Whitetail doe season... is it time to take end it?

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams View Post
    An interesting read. Pretty sure it was brought up in the past.

http://www.sgrc.selkirk.ca/bioatlas/..._Mortality.pdf
    What year did the antler less season go from LEH to general open season?

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    What year did the antler less season go from LEH to general open season?
    You think going from killing 36 does to 47 does in that entire MU when we went LEH to GOS is going to affect anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    Thanks for posting this, WOT. Hopefully everyone will give it a read.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    And I'll suggest that my statements deserve more thinking.
    You did say wolves and their prey will find an equilibrium.
    I suggest that this is completely wrong.

What I wrote to you for consideration regards the misconceived concept in the existence of a balance in Nature.

Perhaps most importantly at this point is to remember that this "Balance" mindset, despite being false, is heavily used by anti-hunting proponents in arguing that we must allow non-human predation to carry on uninfluenced by man. This is part of the Compassionate Conservation model. We Must remain vigilant to avoid the promotion of a Balance in Nature if we are to be a part of it. To advance back to a societal environment where wildlife management may have a chance for success relies on our efforts to not ignore critical components of how Nature works. For maintaining hunt-able populations of ungulates, this management MUST include predator control. We must not close doors thus opportunities to advocate for the ability to effect these practices.

I suggest that our efforts to improve and maintain ungulate populations we should stop separating Habitat from other parts of of the ecosystem.
    Lets link predators, prey and habitat as one.

With that preaching over....

Alberta has many active examples where quality habitat was not sufficient to maintain viable elk populations in the presence of high wolf predation.

We also have areas where WT population reductions have been effected, and the result is still a continuing trend of fewer and fewer moose, elk and Mule deer.

Pre-written history also has examples of ungulate exterminations from vast landscapes despite the existence of great habitat.

Habitat alone, while a critical component, will NOT suffice to protect hunt-able populations of ungulates.
    Great Post!!!! I fear there are some on this board who may have already accepted the Compassionate Model unknowingly or knowingly.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    LBM,
    You are always taking the position that everyone is lying to you. I don't blame you actually given the BS that is spewed on this site daily by several of the regulars. I used to think you were maybe a troll. I can say my mind has changed. You are just trying to find the truth and questioning the way you do is actually good. It makes people have to back up what they are saying. And that, that is a good thing.
    Don't think people are lying to me. Just think there is to much BS spread out there that's all.