Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How important is a good camp and regular meals to you?

Re: How important is a good camp and regular meals to you?

the importance varies depending on what type of hunt. I always want comfort but that varies from moss laden ground with a tarp over it and my sleeping bag to a 3 man tent for one, to the back of my truck with a canopy to a 8.5 ft camper to my 14x16 Deluxe wall tent. Meals vary from par froze precooked cold chicken and packets of oatmeal to Mountain house to organs from an animal over a fire in a pot of water to prime rib and porkchops and deer ribs on an open fire. For the conditions and type of hunt they all are as good tasting as I can make them and the sleeping is as comfy as it can be given the situation
    Their steaks, roasts and burger to me! Tom

I love my groceries but hate crappy food. From sleeping leaning against a tree to our wall tent, we always have quality food to keep us going. Nothing better than a good meal around the fire after a long grueling day.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

All you need is a good sleeping bag some drinks and a Couple lumber jack subs from Safeway those things are gold and coffee best weekend living But I go all out. As you can tell !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    A thread on another forum spawned my curiosity about how much importance various
    hunters give to their camp comfort, meals, and rest periods. I'm not referring to large
    groups that set up elaborate camps because they expect to remain in one spot for a
    lengthy time. I've never hunted with more than 5 people, usually by myself or with one
    other person. Until my wife began coming with me during the latter years, a comfortable
    camp or taking the time for designated meals just wasn't of importance to me unless done
    either before or after legal hunting times. Many times rather then set up a camp, I would
    either sleep in or under my truck and eat out of a cooler. Of course there also were many
    times I would set up a tent or lean-to after dark in pre-scouted locations, and then prepare
    proper meals over the campfire..
    ..but never the fancy camps I've seen others build.
    What about you?

There is never more than 4 of us. There is no regular time for meals. We eat when hungry in general.
    I don't eat breakfast(except for coffee & VitC) so take along some fruit &/or dried apricots,prunes & peanuts when hunting. We all try to get back around mid day & prepare meals as shown in the photo.
    LT (LOVER308 ) is the cook & the bacon & eggs dish is hard to beat. Location N. of Gang-ECAMP

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Words to live by......."any fool can be uncomfortable"!

Quote Originally Posted by Dour View Post
    All you need is a good sleeping bag some drinks and a Couple lumber jack subs from Safeway those things are gold and coffee best weekend living But I go all out. As you can tell !!!!
    Took the words right outta my mouth, done many trips with that same menu! Sometimes when I'm feeling fancy I'll include a bucket of KFC. K