Thread: How important is a good camp and regular meals to you?

Threaded View

Re: How important is a good camp and regular meals to you?

Hunting alone I sleep in the canopy and make meal son the tailgate with a one burner stove. Up before daylight, a strong cup of tea and a thick slice of Momma's multi grain bread and home made jam and I'm off for the day with a slice of bred, a dried sausage some cheese, and maybe an apple and always lots of chocolate. Back at the truck after hunting when alone I usually have pre cooked stuff to heat up for at least three days before opening cans and jars like home canned salmon.

With a couple or three other guys (I don't like to go with more than a group of four max.) we either use a fixed picnic table at at campsite or bring a folding one, put a tarp over that and set up a Coleman stove and lights on a tree for a camp kitchen. First breakfast in the dark might just be a coffee and toast or oatmeal and if circumstances are such (moose hunting for example) we might reconvene at noon for a fry up breakfast/lunch. Dinner usually after dark is cooked on the Coleman or campfire, usually a mix of of what everybody brought, or we take turns providing the main core of the meal.

But yes, keeping well fed is important.
    Last edited by MichelD; 01-12-2018 at 01:30 PM.