Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mule Deer Restrictions

Re: Mule Deer Restrictions

Also leh doe draws? Wtf

So we know deer numbers are low and wolves are thriving. The government doesn't want to cull wolves, but there is an open and unthreatened hunting season for wolves. I wonder if more of the mule deer hunters or hunters in general are that concerned about wolves put some effort into wolf hunting would that help to address the situation at some level. We may be able to be part of the solution, and we don't have to ask for permission. No that would never work. Forget that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    another thought, if they reduce to one mule deer what will happen with the hunters that were taking new hunters on initiation or youth licenses that hunt on the mentors tag? I am guessing there will be many less willing to forego their tag, which will lead to reduced hunter recruitment
    Boom!

No one considered this, did they?

Great point, BMC.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

another thought, if they reduce to one mule deer what will happen with the hunters that were taking new hunters on initiation or youth licenses that hunt on the mentors tag? I am guessing there will be many less willing to forego their tag, which will lead to reduced hunter recruitment
    Who cares??

They can still take them

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Nope, banning ATV's is wrong.
    As some have stated, it's a cheaper way for them to get around and they don't damage their trucks etc.
    BUT, ATV's should have a policy where they can "no longer leave the road", and only have certain "designated trails that they are permitted to use".
    Let's face it, they carry plates now, so they could be reported much easier.
    As for the no 2 point, so basically saying 4pt, I'm not going to repeat a long reason why I think that's a bad idea.
    I hunt 4pt, not matter when I go, and so do many others.
    The biggest issue is, if we go to 1 deer due to low mulie #'s, then fine, but is hunting causing the decline or wolves??
    So, ask yourself, if wolves are the issue right now, then reducing bag limit won't bring back deer.
    We as hunters have to do our part, which is be conservationists for the low deer #'s, so if they are low, yes, we can curb our part to help them come back, but who is going to deal with what is really causing the deer not to multiply right now, which is wolves and poor habitat.
    I think mother nature is going to help habitat thru fires, but that still leaves the other issue.
    No wolf culls due to public pressure, and because of that, are we also going to loose out opportunities due to public pressure.
    We need some "assurances/legislation", that protects us from those that now want to determine our future and wildlife's based on emotion and public opinion.
    Well said Bugle , both of your posts .

Hey heres a idea:
    Take some time and look through the old Regs. and see how the seasons have changed and ask yourself "if you give it up ,will you get it back?".
    If sustainable then it's justified, if not it's time for change.
    There has been a steady increases in some areas to the point of questioning sustainability, thats when we as Hunter/Conservationist need to
    back it up.

As long as the Statements on how Hunter Harvest/ Regs.has little effect on game populations continues, there's going to be a debate.
    There will always be the thinking that restrictions didn't work if we don't look at all the others drivers that may have challenged the outcome.

The fear of loosing our hunting population will happen just as fast with or without restrictions. Everyones hates TAG SOUP.
    I posted a Antler Restriction Video that is working in two States as we speak and was met with a old study that is still used today in BC.
    Talk about moving forward!

Old Regs.
    Click On:
    http://a100.gov.bc.ca/appsdata/acat/...a6df6c2851.pdf

Antler Point Restrictions
    Click On:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onwp1LmAGNY

Whats your point bownut? How can you compare regs from almost 20 years ago, wolves were not as prevalent as they are now, access to the land wasn't near it is now etc. Why dont you simply post up your portfolio for success?
    I and others would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbuck View Post
    I think the government should stop the two point season completely,no LEH doe season, ban ATV's in province from Sept 1 to Dec 31. I know I'll get a lot of flack about the ATV ban, but last year during the ban because of forest fires, I was sheep hunting saw 5 mulies 3, 4 points and 2, 2points walking all together. The week after the ban was lifted, not a deer in sight and while looking at some rams in a canyon , this guy drives a quad on the edge and spooks the rams. No road, no trail just drives any where he feels like it. Lazy mans way of hunting and see it more every year .
    +1 on this one.

20 years ago I discussed this regulation with one of BC's top CO's..he suggested it. I support this change at this time it has been thought about a long time...it is unfortunate that current social mores will not accept social responsibility to do the hard things in mitigating development. That the average citizen enjoys all the benifits but none of the consequences. Like a driver leaving the scene of an accident they caused...
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)