Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mule Deer Restrictions

Re: Mule Deer Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    What a condescending bunch of twaddle
    OK Then. Is that simple enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    Keep holding hands kids, you will need all the support you can get right now.
    Good luck with your way of thinking, after all look where we stand now.

Do the math all you want to, simple fact is Wildlife is on the decline and nothing has been done to the regs to prevent it.

A 60 Day WT Doe Season in Region 8 is a good way to help the cause, and this future Mule Deer Resolution isn't going to help much.
    After all didn't you say very few a filling the second tag anyway?

You and your group are the best Game Managers and Bios that ever set foot on this earth. Never willing to look at anything that would take
    away your opportunity.

Keep it up and 20 years from now guys will use your quotes on how those guys did it all wrong.
    This thread is about mule deer regulation changes. A whitetail regulation in a state with 15x the hunter density and with only a species or two to hunt has little correlation to this thread....and that is sugar-coating it.

Mule deer regulation changes will do nothing to help mule deer numbers. It may 'slightly' increase the buck to doe ratios but that's about it but it won't grow more deer. It may also decrease the hunting pressure which is purely a social issue...and what the Region 3 mule deer hunter survey that hunters wanted.

Shutting the mule deer buck hunt down completely will achieve the same effect.

SSS
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 01-13-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but "families to feed" is still a legitament argument because it doesnt neccassarly mean ones family is starving. However if one decides to go to all the expense to feed ones family via hunting(because one loves to hunt), it would be nice if one could actually bring home enough meat so that one doesn't have to go to Costco as well.

The same applies to fishing, the expense of my boat, fuel, trips to the west coast are far more than buying salmon and halibut at the store but at least I can say I havent bought fish from a store in probably 20 years....and I take great pleasure in seeing the price of wild salmon and halibut when I go shopping....makes me feel better about the money it costs to go fishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Unless you hunt close to home and achieve success in limited days Costco is cheap compared to mule deer hunting. Let’s be honest here tradition and way of life is valid but if you are traveling to hunt meat is not cost effective. If your road hunting odds are your bills are even higher

Love deer meat myself and 50/50 if I am looking for any buck or something big. I became honest with myself long ago I hunt for the hunt and meat is a treat that comes with it.

Guys really need to be honest why we hunt true meat hunters are rare.
    So now you want to argue about how we justify our hunting? and you call yourselves hunters? Sounds like a couple of posers , not sure whose side you are on .
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Do the math all you want to, simple fact is Wildlife is on the decline and nothing has been done to the regs to prevent it.
    20 years you might come to the realization most hunters already realize they are not the problem with game populations. but keep up the head banging, it will feel better when you stop
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    So now you want to argue about how we justify our hunting? and you call yourselves hunters? Sounds like a couple of posers , not sure whose side you are on .
    Been a hunter since I was 10 years old and hunted over most of BC and Alberta. I even hunt with majority of the legal weapons you can hunt with. Introduced a ton of new people to hunting. I pass on animals to give the less experienced hunter opportunity multiple times a year. 4 times last season to be exact

Yes 100% poser lmao

I am just not a BS follower and call it how I see it.

If I am not a hunter in your eyes oh well your opinion is not that valued nor do I care lol

A 60 Day WT Doe Season in Region 8 is a good way to help the cause, and this future Mule Deer Resolution isn't going to help much.
    After all didn't you say very few a filling the second tag anyway?

You and your group are the best Game Managers and Bios that ever set foot on this earth. Never willing to look at anything that would take
    away your opportunity.

Keep it up and 20 years from now guys will use your quotes on how those guys did it all wrong.
    Not sure what you are meaning that there has been no restrictions or regulation changes to prevent population decline. I have been hunting for 28 years and have seen plenty new restrictions and not many new opportunities. How long have you been hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Not sure what you are meaning that there has been no restrictions or regulation changes to prevent population decline. I have been hunting for 28 years and have seen plenty new restrictions and not many new opportunities. How long have you been hunting?
    Not much for big change in that time frame mule deer wise. Was any buck most of the season then swapped part of that for 4pt. Region 4 actually went from 4pt only to getting an any buck season. Memory may have missed something but nothing big

Still the same prov bag limit still long seasons. Mild variation is all in my opinion

Regulation is not a factor on species and sexes that have no hunting/harvest yet their numbers (in general) are declining.

I truly struggle with a tool (regulation) is still being toted as a fix to wildlife declines.

I certainly do know that some stakeholders would love to see more restriction and LEH for the general hunter.
    This platform is being disguised/ hidden under a blanket of conservation.

Think about who the players are other than res hunters

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Regulation is not a factor on species and sexes that have no hunting/harvest yet their numbers (in general) are declining.

I truly struggle with a tool (regulation) is still being toted as a fix to wildlife declines.

I certainly do know that some stakeholders would love to see more restriction and LEH for the general hunter.

what tool do managers have to address declines? What have they done in recent history that was something other then a regulation?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

I truly struggle with a tool (regulation) is still be toted as a fix to wildlife declines.

Correct not going to make any big changes in populations it is only utilizing what is presently available

Habitat like you always mention is better for increasing populations long term but takes years. Might be many more years before any habitat projects start as well. NDP/Greens still in power could be really long

Predators another issue but govt especially present one won’t touch this issue either

So no most are not thinking regs are going to fix populations but more so hope to maintain what we have till bigger issues can be addressed

and no not interest in LEH here and most calling for change are not interested in that either. I hear lots wanting change but LEH is not the common response

Also not a GO