Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Mule Deer Restrictions

Re: Mule Deer Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Didnt know they were mule deer in Wisconsin and Michigan? Learn something new everyday.
    Just put in antler restrictions and mule deer grow miraculously on mule deer trees.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

The opinions regarding scientific management hoisted on here by the people of the short arm club are no more scientific and no less social then every other knuckle dragger post who sees contrary. I guess those with diminutive reach are just as short sighted as there arms. Failing to see the big picture they pick fights with the long arms who reach gives them the advantage. Val Giest referred to "Joe Sixpack" as being what was great about the North American conservation model. The lack of elitism. What is short arm syndrome but elitism.
    Nothing about the current regulation proposal will hurt Mule deer. Statistics suggest very few hunters will be effected cause only a small percent take a second deer anyway. This is what surveyed knuckle dragger hunters (joe sixpack) wanted.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    The opinions regarding scientific management hoisted on here by the people of the short arm club are no more scientific and no less social then every other knuckle dragger post who sees contrary. I guess those with diminutive reach are just as short sighted as there arms. Failing to see the big picture they pick fights with the long arms who reach gives them the advantage. Val Giest referred to "Joe Sixpack" as being what was great about the North American conservation model. The lack of elitism. What is short arm syndrome but elitism.
    Nothing about the current regulation proposal will hurt Mule deer. Statistics suggest very few hunters will be effected cause only a small percent take a second deer anyway. This is what surveyed knuckle dragger hunters (joe sixpack) wanted.
    "knuckle draggers" "joe six pack" "short arm club"

I can't really decipher exactly what your point is there but its probably not the best way to try to make it. Too many people just looking to fight about all this, not most, but enough to make it hard to unite anything which is what we need. Mid winter cabin fever and the internet don't mix well
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Won't affect me much. Since I moved to Vancouver in 1986 and hunted enthusiastically in the interior every year I have taken exactly one mule deer in Region 3, one in 5 and one in 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    "knuckle draggers" "joe six pack" "short arm club"

I can't really decipher exactly what your point is there but its probably not the best way to try to make it. Too many people just looking to fight about all this, not most, but enough to make it hard to unite anything which is what we need. Mid winter cabin fever and the internet don't mix well
    Ya he forgot the "stupid hunter club", you know the ones who want to shoot 2-3 mule deer because they have "families to feed" and a way of life to continue living, unfettered.

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Statistics suggest very few hunters will be effected cause only a small percent take a second deer anyway.
    I'M not really sure what your point was in the first part of your post either, but if this part is true then it would seem to me that mule deer polpulation will also be un-effected by the regulation proposal. Therefore it would seem such a restriction is not only unnecessary but actually more accurately, nothing more than a smokescreen so the goverment doesnt have to address the real issue( wolves and habitat) which all the "knuckle draggers" as you call them are so upset about. Thats just my observation, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Ya he forgot the "stupid hunter club", you know the ones who want to shoot 2-3 mule deer because they have "families to feed" and a way of life to continue living, unfettered.
    Unless you hunt close to home and achieve success in limited days Costco is cheap compared to mule deer hunting. Let’s be honest here tradition and way of life is valid but if you are traveling to hunt meat is not cost effective. If your road hunting odds are your bills are even higher

Love deer meat myself and 50/50 if I am looking for any buck or something big. I became honest with myself long ago I hunt for the hunt and meat is a treat that comes with it.

Guys really need to be honest why we hunt true meat hunters are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Unless you hunt close to home and achieve success in limited days Costco is cheap compared to mule deer hunting. Let’s be honest here tradition and way of life is valid but if you are traveling to hunt meat is not cost effective. If your road hunting odds are your bills are even higher

Love deer meat myself and 50/50 if I am looking for any buck or something big. I became honest with myself long ago I hunt for the hunt and meat is a treat that comes with it.

Its not about economcs, if it were I would go to Costco, and I will be honest.

I often shoot 3, if I get a draw thats what going to happen, and they wont be a rutting buck either, others may enjoy the flavor, I dont. I also dont road hunt nor have to travel very far to hunt, nor do my hunting friends who live near me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post

I understand what you are saying, but "families to feed" is still a legitament argument because it doesnt neccassarly mean ones family is starving. However if one decides to go to all the expense to feed ones family via hunting(because one loves to hunt), it would be nice if one could actually bring home enough meat so that one doesn't have to go to Costco as well.

The same applies to fishing, the expense of my boat, fuel, trips to the west coast are far more than buying salmon and halibut at the store but at least I can say I havent bought fish from a store in probably 20 years....and I take great pleasure in seeing the price of wild salmon and halibut when I go shopping....makes me feel better about the money it costs to go fishing.