Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Mule Deer Restrictions

Re: Mule Deer Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Wolves don't have a significant effect on deer from the studies conducted. Analysis of scat indicate as little as 1% mortality across study areas by wolves. Some areas may get hit harder if moose numbers are low, but in general, they don't determine deer populations (despite what "local" anecdotal opinion is).

But wolves do have a dramatic effect on moose, elk, and the few caribou we have left.

Moose are a target, preferred species for wolves. They'll kill whatever else they encounter if they can get them, but their efforts are focussed on moose in moose habitat.
    So what are the wolves eating in area that don't have moose or elk? There are plenty of wolves in Reg 2, much more than a few years ago but there are few moose or elk and zero caribou.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Thumbs up Re: Mule Deer Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    FD, I invite you to shut your computer off, come out of your mother's basement, and take a drive up to Clearwater. I will personally show you all my hidey holes that are currently void of deer because of Wolves. You can sit on your high horse making assumptions or you can actually put boots on the ground and see for youself. And before you go off about logging and all that BS as blame, my hidey holes have zero logging as they are in a very large wilderness area where wolves are actually protected. I was just up yesterday. All i can find is some pretty waterfalls.
    Welcome back Dana
    Can hardy wait for the reply
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    So what are the wolves eating in area that don't have moose or elk? There are plenty of wolves in Reg 2, much more than a few years ago but there are few moose or elk and zero caribou.
    Maybe just Maybe the Wolves eat at Earl's
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Maybe just Maybe the Wolves eat at Earl's
    They do!

There's one along the power line between Bralorne and Kingdom Lake!
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Welcome back Dana
    Can hardy wait for the reply
    Me too, but good luck on that, I can see him now googling shit like a madman! K

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Natives don’t typically kill deer, moose now that’s a different story
    Wwwwwrrrrrrrooooonnnnggggggguuuggg....

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Wet spring this year, better luck next year. Even so I did see quite a few chickens in areas this season although I was too focused on persuing spiker muleys and white tail does with my quad to actually look for them

---
    Lol...............

I know on the sunshine coast the deer got hammered so bad from the wolves and cats that the 2 deer limit went down to one. Last few years hunting there saw lots of wolf sign getting more and more into areas

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Wouldn't it have been great to have our own studies conducted AS stuff was actually happening?

SSS
    Yes it would have that's why studies now will be flawed, problems started 30 plus years ago, that's what should be looked at .

I think that is why ProG'66 even said he has seen wolves hit Goat's that he is aware of.
    I agree wolves have their preferences as FD suggests, but in other areas where wolves have now expanded to,
    there are no elk present to speak of, and moose in the area are so far down in #'s.
    That's when I think wolves are no longer "selective", and deer is on the menu, as other's are stating.
    BUT, let's not forget Cat's when it comes to Mule Deer