Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Mule Deer Restrictions

Re: Mule Deer Restrictions

Why don't both sides of the fence here look at the "moose fact sheet" for a second and read.
    From my take, both wolves and habitat seem to be the major factors. (50/50)
    Basically, if you ask me, both need to be addressed.
    Both require funding.
    I agree with FD, that getting the wolf cull socially accepted will be next to impossible, and I doubt, due to that reason, that any mla/party will start pushing for a cull to happen.
    So, in come ProG66 suggestion as what to do.
    So, that being said, we can "all" get on the band wagon for funding and habitat.
    Don't get me wrong, I would be on the cull wagon as well, if anyone needs my signature, but trying to prove each other wrong is getting a little ridiculous.
    As for "if does are being bred", meaning, are there enough bucks around, I would say there are enough bucks to get it done, as most of the Does I saw, 80%, had fawns in November, which in one day, I counted well over 30.
    Now, what is happening come Dec thru May is the issue, and which brings me back to the study on moose.
    I know I am not comparing the same species here, nor the same areas, but I believe the problems exist for all our ungulate issues....50/50.

Man you guys are the epitome of the hunting world, throwing insults back and forth like school yard bullies, beating your chest and arguing like my kids used to do.

It's a wonder how we will ever even get off the ground on improving wildlife in BC; whether it is pred control, improving habitat, spending money or even a asteroid passing by that will save widlife.....we are being siloed by groups who are focusing on one thing, no matter the focus. Tunnel vision is very dangerous and from sitting on the outside watching this post and a few others, we are in a lot of trouble.

So lets stop throwing insults at each, lets agree to disagree and move forward as a group that focuses on what wildlife in BC need....SUPPORT.

For Frack sakes, the wildlife in BC need all of us....or us will not have any wildlife to enjoy........

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

guest Guest

Well said SS,
    then we have the new members to the forum against GBear and Wolf hunts ...... Tough times

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Man you guys are the epitome of the hunting world, throwing insults back and forth like school yard bullies, beating your chest and arguing like my kids used to do.

It's a wonder how we will ever even get off the ground on improving wildlife in BC; whether it is pred control, improving habitat, spending money or even a asteroid passing by that will save widlife.....we are being siloed by groups who are focusing on one thing, no matter the focus. Tunnel vision is very dangerous and from sitting on the outside watching this post and a few others, we are in a lot of trouble.

So lets stop throwing insults at each, lets agree to disagree and move forward as a group that focuses on what wildlife in BC need....SUPPORT.

For Frack sakes, the wildlife in BC need all of us....or us will not have any wildlife to enjoy........SS
    And some seem to think that the fighting in the sand box will end and we will all have a Kumbya future.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

For Frack sakes, the wildlife in BC need all of us....or us will not have any wildlife to enjoy........

SS
    SS couldn't agree more. Hunters need to stop agrueing about silly things like mule deer bag limits and restrictions and start actually fighting the fight of their lives, to save wildlife and our hunting heritage. When you actually step away from this thing that is HBC, there is actually a great big world out there worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    SS couldn't agree more. Hunters need to stop agrueing about silly things like mule deer bag limits and restrictions and start actually fighting the fight of their lives, to save wildlife and our hunting heritage. When you actually step away from this thing that is HBC, there is actually a great big world out there worth fighting for.
    Focus is funding dana.
    $$$ = results.
    $$$ = attention

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    It's a study. It's an area of interest for many people on this forum.

If you don't like it, present your own BC-based study to give us a different perspective on mule deer and mule deer predation.

Looking forward to your "contribution."
    Sure its a study but in a couple MUs, every one is different. Not sure if it was mentioned but many of the town deer that were live trapped and
    moved were dropped in 4-26 right in the middle of the area were they were having wolf issues. They don't run from dogs or people in town so
    if any of them were the ones killed by the predators the study is kind of flawed.

SS
    You work in the resource sector...so explain how you go about habitat. Here local club raised moneys for elk through elk foundation. Transplants to augment a small herd. MOE shut it down. Would just be feeding wolves. So group looked at moose enhancement. Wells Grey park hasn't burned since 1926. Parks shut it down. Money went south of the border. Group dissolved. I asked about tools the managers have...they have no tools.
    Habitat...how long a process for approvals given all stakeholders? Best case even.
    What the hell is support?it is like the word faith..have faith..support..don't argue...what the heck does it mean?
    It is a beetles mantra?
    Really what are you saying? Or are you saying someone who doesn't have the same view of things might see this and we will look like long arm guys...knuckledraggers
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Sure its a study but in a couple MUs, every one is different. Not sure if it was mentioned but many of the town deer that were live trapped and
    moved were dropped in 4-26 right in the middle of the area were they were having wolf issues. They don't run from dogs or people in town so
    if any of them were the ones killed by the predators the study is kind of flawed.
    are you kidding?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Focus is funding dana.
    $$$ = results.
    $$$ = attention
    Let me tell you a story. IIRC was around 98/99 the local chapter of the RMEF raised funds to transplant elk from Jasper to help the struggling little herd in the Tum Tum. All money was from public. No government funds were needed. Everything was proceeding nicely and the elk were captured, penned, giving the proper medical bill of health and were about to be loaded into trucks headed for the Tum. Then some government worker put the breaks on. Nope, they would not allow it. Red tape. The elk were still loaded onto trucks but went elsewhere. The local money raised was still spent, just not on our local herd. The unofficial reasoning was that they thought it would just be a feeding program for the wolves. Sooo, a year goes by and the locals are pissed with all the money they raised going elsewhere. So a new project is conceived. Lets do something local. Lets do some habitat enhancement. Not much could be done elk related but the Rmef said we aren't just about elk, we support all animals. So a plan to do a prescribed burn on Green Mountain in Wells Gray to help moose and mule deer became the local focus. All the money needed was raised privately. No government money was requested. There were professional wildfire volunteers, there was industry giving equipent and expertise, there were consultations with all stakeholders. Everyone, including local residents and even Green orgs were for it. And then, some government worker put the breaks on it. Couldn't happen. Why? Because they had come up with a similiar plan years previous using HCTF money and were turned down. So if they couldn't do it, no one can. Funding was there. All faded away and the local chapter of the Rmef ceased.