Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Mule Deer Restrictions

Re: Mule Deer Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    ONE Study.
    SouthEast BC.
    126 Mulies.

Really? You base what you say here about the lack of wolf predation on mulies... on THAT?

Really???

And then go into a spiel of just how tough it is to knock wolf populations back to reasonable numbers?

Seriously losing any traction you had left with any but those 126 mulies... In South East BC...

Cheers,
    Nog
    It's a study. It's an area of interest for many people on this forum.

If you don't like it, present your own BC-based study to give us a different perspective on mule deer and mule deer predation.

Looking forward to your "contribution."
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Thumbs down Re: Mule Deer Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    It's a study. It's an area of interest for many people on this forum.
    Nice Deflection.
    Completely Anticipated.
    Carry on...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Less Wolve's = The Better.
    True, it would makes things better, but if you want ideal, people should concentrate on getting funding established
    for Habitat, in a big way.
    Even without wolves, I am not sold that everything would be copacetic here in the province.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    True, it would makes things better, but if you want ideal, people should concentrate on getting funding established
    for Habitat, in a big way.
    Even without wolves, I am not sold that everything would be copacetic here in the province.
    You're right.

As Hebblewhite explained, with habitat as a limiting factor, deer populations find their own equilibrium and tend to adjust to the capacity of the range. Save 100 deer by eliminating the preds, and 100 deer die of other causes.

Habitat, habitat, habitat.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Come on FD, lets put your boots on and see the incredible untouched wilderness that is Wells Gray. Habitat habitat habitat. Full of nothing!!! Please respond or else stop talking out of your ass. The largest wilderness area in southern BC. The best mule deer genetics. I could easily see 25 mature bucks in a day of glassing in the winter. Now, nothing. nada. SFA. Why is that if all they need is Habitat Habitat Habitat? Hmm, that's right! Crickets from the class Clown. Crickets Crickets Chickets. Lets face it, you are nothing but a dog lover. Always have been. Anytime wolves are brought up, you cringe and go out of your way to redirect the thread with your ever loving so-called science. You have over played that card for way way too long. Why don't you actually research how the hunters in Idaho feel about their mule deer populations? Why don't you actually research what hunters in Wa feel about the status of mule deer in their state. You know the answer, and that is why you refuse to post it here. Well, unlike you, I actually have plenty of friends in Idaho and Wa. Guess what? They are watching the freakin wolves eat them out of house and home as well. But, please keep on insisting that wolves don't eat mule deer. Please keep showing us that you really never leave your mother's basement as you fight the good fight against resident hunters. Cause if you ever do come out of that dudgeon you live in and see some daylight, you'd be shocked to see the real world instead of the make believe one you have on your computer screen.
    Last edited by dana; 01-16-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Come on FD, lets put your boots on and see the incredible untouched wilderness that is Wells Gray. Habitat habitat habitat. Full of nothing!!! Please respond or else stop talking out of your ass. The largest wilderness area in southern BC. The best mule deer genetics. I could easily see 25 mature bucks in a day of glassing in the winter. Now, nothing. nada. SFA. Why is that if all they need is Habitat Habitat Habitat? Hmm, that's right! Crickets from the class Clown. Crickets Crickets Chickets. Lets face it, you are nothing but a dog lover. Always have been. Anytime wolves are brought up, you cringe and go out of your way to redirect the thread with your ever loving so-called science. You have over played that card for way way too long. Why don't you actually research how the hunters in Idaho feel about their mule deer populations? Why don't you actually research what hunters in Wa feel about the status of mule deer in their state. You know the answer, and that is why you refuse to post it here. Well, unlike you, I actually have plenty of friends in Idaho and Wa. Guess what? They are watching the freakin wolves eat them out of house and home as well. But, please keep on insisting that wolves don't eat mule deer. Please keep showing us that you really never leave your mother's basement as you fight the good fight against resident hunters. Cause if you ever do come out of that dudgeon you live in and see some daylight, you'd be shocked to see the real world instead of the make believe one you have on your computer screen.
    Solution?

Wildlife is headed south.
    What's the long term fix?
    Debating on the internet?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound View Post
    I know on the sunshine coast the deer got hammered so bad from the wolves and cats that the 2 deer limit went down to one. Last few years hunting there saw lots of wolf sign getting more and more into areas
    Hmm as some would say "That would be Managing to Zero"

Good on knocking back the limit. Now its time to get everyone to agree that Predators are the Joker in the Deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Solution?

Wildlife is headed south.
    What's the long term fix?
    Debating on the internet?
    long term fix? I already told you. predator management, predator management, predator management. You think you have it bad in the OK right now? You ain't seen anything yet. It gets worse, much worse. I have lived it for the last 10 years. If you guys don't get to killing some dogs fast, you guys are going to reliving my 10 year nightmare. But please, lets debate with hunters over season changes because that makes a ton of sense. Hunting season changes that won't hurt a thing but give people a more enjoyable experience. But please, lets keep on attacking resident hunters and call them names because they actually want to hunt instead of sitting on their high horses looking down their noses on everyone else. Yup, that will make a hell of a difference won't it.

last fall i had 37 buck i knew of within 5km of my house..this spring they disapered late march never came back...i wonder where they are..was not hunting that beat that herd down. now when i cut pred tracks i call the full time pro do not even try myself...why cause he has more time and is better at it.

So more then 16 too the wolves..I know what unknown means. As well other..some of that number can be added to wolf...indirect mortality...and this study cannot have collared fawns so how many fawn deaths directly or indirectly could be contributed to wolves? The recruitment that is so important.
    I will go even further...the cougar number. Inflated due to wolves. Cougar females would kill less if they did not have wolves poaching there hard work.
    Last edited by horshur; 01-16-2018 at 07:11 PM.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)