Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question on fit for you stone glacier guys

A question on fit for you stone glacier guys

I have narrowed down my search for a new pack and decided I will be going with a SG. It will be on an Xcurve frame and I am just wondering about sizing as there is nowhere I know of close to me to physically try one on. I have a 36" waist so am kind of right on the line for a medium or large waist belt. I will be using in all seasons so maybe just wearing a T-shirt or maybe several layers and a jacket. How do you guys find the sizing fits? Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A question on fit for you stone glacier guys

I have a 34'' waist with the medium belt and x curve and I don't think there is much left to spare. I always felt if my waist was much bigger the padded part of the belt wouldn't wrap around as much as it should. They're nice packs, I'm quite happy with mine.

I run a medium and I am in between a 32" and 33" waist, it fits perfect. If I were you I would probably go with a large. The sizing guide on their website is pretty accurate, and if you're ever in Quesnel Precision Optics sells SG packs and clothing.

34-35" waist and Medium belt. Fits me fine.

One thing to keep in mind ... how tall are you? Do you have a tall torso?

I'm 6'5" with a long torso and I have to say, the frame itself isnt tall enough. What I mean by that, is to fit my torso length the shoulder straps have to be moved up a ways. In doing so the angle between my shoulder straps and the load lifters is reduced greatly.

Load lifters should sit at about 45* down to your shoulder straps. In ny case, it sits more like 75*

This reduces their effectiveness, but there isnt much I can do about it. Their frame really ought to be taller to prevent this from happening for us tall guys

I would go with the large. I have the xcurve frame and large belt and my waist is 34-35. It fits fine with lots of belt to spare in case I bulk up as I get older

34 and medium here. Fits real good.
    Xcurve frame

Pretty sure their website says if your in between to go smaller. If you get to big of a belt you won’t be able to cinch it down tight enough when hauling a heavy load. I’d go medium like the sizing says on their website.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm leaning toward the large. If kids hockey games open back up any time soon I'll be traveling to PG a few times so I will stop by Precision Optics to see what they have and try something on.

Quote Originally Posted by chadr View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, I'm leaning toward the large. If kids hockey games open back up any time soon I'll be traveling to PG a few times so I will stop by Precision Optics to see what they have and try something on.
    Making a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Pretty sure their website says if your in between to go smaller. If you get to big of a belt you won’t be able to cinch it down tight enough when hauling a heavy load. I’d go medium like the sizing says on their website.
    I'll second this. I have a large and wish it was medium. I have to cinch down my waist belt completely and I'd still like it a little tighter for when I'm really loaded heavy.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir