Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Baofeng Radios ????

Re: Baofeng Radios ????

What most people here need is a scanner. Add all the LADD and RR channels and you're good all over the province. Sadly a scanner costs more than a Boafeng radio.

What we need is companies like Baofeng to start manufacturing inexpensive scanners that are fcc and industry compliant.
    it would also be great if Canada changed the regulation that capped ht's to 2 watts and raise it to 5 like the USA and most of Europe does.

What is the rationale behind the 2 watt limit?

No idea, perhaps they were worried about interference with Comercial systems. These regulations haven't had a meaningful update in decades

So what happens if you just But a Beofang and use it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    Probably the same thing that happens after you remove a tag that says "Do not remove under penalty of law" from a mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    I cant believe people actually care about these laws.
    I can hear it now, " man arrested for using 5 watt portable radio in the middle of remote forest with very limited range"
    Hunting the promised land

In my experience, forestry workers are appreciative of folks using radios properly on roads, it's their life on the line too.

I've never seen a RR radio sign that discouraged anyone from using the channels for intended use.

I actually looked for the link on the gov't website to look up a $50 license and could't find it anywhere, a lot of circling back links, but meh, I'm not abusing it so I don't care.

Pretty well nailed, get informed as to how to use it & don't abuse it you should be fine. I'll continue to maintain my licence since I've had it since 2008 & it's no trouble in the big picture. Industry Canada is the administrator for these licences, I think Spectrum Direct was handling it for them but that may have changed recently. There is an Industry Canada District Office in Kelowna I think. You're right though, they don't make navigation easy on the gov't sites, runaround.....

Can't seem to embed any documents here, so link to docs on my cloud drive follows if you care to read up a little.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnSUkGQbfhWggoEkRxefAgl4OPFUDA
    Last edited by mike31154; 11-05-2018 at 04:27 PM.

My only use would be very occasional,typically once a year hunting trips just to keep in touch with hunting partners .The Talkabout’ was a complete disappointment,very limited range and one wouldn’t even take a charge