Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Baofeng Radios ????

Re: Baofeng Radios ????

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    I have the RR channels programmed and the LADD channels programmed in when I purchased the handheld . My question is that if my partner has VHF do we just pick a LADD channel to converse ?
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake
    As has been said before, just pick a LAD channel to converse. Avoid using the resource road channels for chatter as you never know when you may be interfering with a legitimate road use.

Appendix 6 give details for areas of operation of the LAD channels. You will get a copy of this on your radio license.
    https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gs...g/sf11098.html

You may also want to consider the VHF weather frequencies. The weather channels are in very few spots through the province. Look into them to see if they will be of benefit to you....

West coaster Thank You for your post ! I did not get a chance to use the radio on this current hunting trip as there was no active use on the roads . I need to look at my license and see what it says ! Also do you get the weather frequencies programmed in by the radio shop ?
    Thank You !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    As has been said before, just pick a LAD channel to converse. Avoid using the resource road channels for chatter as you never know when you may be interfering with a legitimate road use.

Appendix 6 give details for areas of operation of the LAD channels. You will get a copy of this on your radio license.
    https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gs...g/sf11098.html

You may also want to consider the VHF weather frequencies. The weather channels are in very few spots through the province. Look into them to see if they will be of benefit to you....
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

You should be able to take it to a radio shop and have the weather channels programmed. I have one here a buddy had bought from a shop that came pre programmed with the weather channels.
    I set my own radios up so am not up to speed as to what the shops will or won't do.

What Icom radio do you have? (model number)

162.550 Weather 1
    162.400 Weather 2
    162.475 Weather 3
    162.425 Weather 4
    162.450 Weather 5
    162.500 Weather 6
    162.525 Weather 7
    161.650 Weather 8
    161.775 Weather 9
    163.275 Weather 10

Sorry for the late reply Westcoaster ! I have the ICOM. IC-F1000 It does not have the keypad just the 4 Buttons PO,P1,P2,P3
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    You should be able to take it to a radio shop and have the weather channels programmed. I have one here a buddy had bought from a shop that came pre programmed with the weather channels.
    I set my own radios up so am not up to speed as to what the shops will or won't do.

What Icom radio do you have? (model number)

162.550 Weather 1
    162.400 Weather 2
    162.475 Weather 3
    162.425 Weather 4
    162.450 Weather 5
    162.500 Weather 6
    162.525 Weather 7
    161.650 Weather 8
    161.775 Weather 9
    163.275 Weather 10
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !