Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Baofeng Radios ????

Re: Baofeng Radios ????

Thanks for sharing Mike. That's very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I cant believe people actually care about these laws.
    I can hear it now, " man arrested for using 5 watt portable radio in the middle of remote forest with very limited range"
    as the link to the letter that industry Canada states, there have been complaints from industry users.
    I believe the reality is that unless you abuse it, or that you use it on a commercial channel you should be fine.
    I am looking for a vehicle radio, that I will license for the rr chanels, that will have enough memory to program in some of the local ham frequencies as well.
    I have used my baofeng to talk with a couple of local repeaters, which greatly increases your range

On another note radioditty is having a sale on their gd-77 dmr radio.
    It adds the benefits of private digital conversations and the analog capabilities of the baofengs

JUST BUY A I COM radio and you are done bla bla bla or you cheap p-ck a old motorola 1000 they are old and still the best $ value

Just going to bring this subject up again as it's now 2019 and fast approaching 2020 .
    #1 Want handheld
    #2 I would think highest wattage available without taking out a second mortgage
    #3 For Road safety in the bush so would need to be able to program in the RR channels . I talked to a logging truck driver 2 years ago and they really appreciate when hunters have these radios to listen for activity. SAFETY !
    #4 Ease of use
    #5 Communication between hunting partner without abusing it .
    So please let me know what make you have ? What model you have ? What price ? Where is it made ? where did you buy from ?
    You all know me by now, I ask a lot of questions, but I'm greatfull for replies !!
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Just going to bring this subject up again as it's now 2019 and fast approaching 2020 .
    #1 Want handheld
    #2 I would think highest wattage available without taking out a second mortgage
    #3 For Road safety in the bush so would need to be able to program in the RR channels . I talked to a logging truck driver 2 years ago and they really appreciate when hunters have these radios to listen for activity. SAFETY !
    #4 Ease of use
    #5 Communication between hunting partner without abusing it .
    So please let me know what make you have ? What model you have ? What price ? Where is it made ? where did you buy from ?
    You all know me by now, I ask a lot of questions, but I'm greatfull for replies !!
    Arctic Lake
    Any thoughts fellas
    Arctic Lake

Read back a few pages the info is there. I went to local shop got 8 channel Kenwood for $300 & change, learned about license & maintain one. Cheaper Baofengs have more features, channels & programmable (technically prohibited in the field). 1 Kenwood 2 Baofengs used on hunt last year.

Icom in the truck, easily 30-60km range depending on terrain. Dont think i paid more than 200-300 $ for it, came programmed and i installed it. Baofeng 85 (i think) handheld 3-5 km depending on terrain. Think was 50 bucks or so. If you want the radio for fsr get a good truck unit. Imo the range on handhelds are shit in the mountains.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

For the truck https://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/icom-2300h-5579
    I have one in my pickup, I have a few friends with the same one and everyone is happy. I have a 400 or 500 channel Kenwood in my work truck but it's not field programmable and it was more money.

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    Icom in the truck, easily 30-60km range depending on terrain. Dont think i paid more than 200-300 $ for it, came programmed and i installed it. Baofeng 85 (i think) handheld 3-5 km depending on terrain. Think was 50 bucks or so. If you want the radio for fsr get a good truck unit. Imo the range on handhelds are shit in the mountains.
    I have a very small pickup so was hoping to avoid an installed unit . Rented a truck unit two years ago Two guys in my truck ,rifles , antenna cables to me = major clutter . That’ why I was thinking hand held then maybe if you can get a better magnetic arias for the roof and plug it in to one of handhelds ?
    Arctic Lake