Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice fishin!!

Ice fishin!!

Hey gang, Hunting season is coming to a close for the most part and the water is nice and thick. Who here hits the hardwater through out the winters? Im lookin to put another 100 days on it this year. Tons of opportunity and relatively low pressure compared to other provinces. My local lakes are packed with rainbows, beautiful brookies and koks when I can make it to those waters, lakers a bit farther. This winter project is burbot and maybe perch, got a Helix 7 gps/sonar on order to help track some down.

So who here is crazy like me?
    Whats your main target?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ice fishin!!

I love big rainbow trout. I likes lakes about an hour out of town and when it's -30 then I have the lake to myself. I also find it easier to stay warmer when it's colder than -20.

I'm more of a rod and auger guy, no sleds, ice huts or hole tenders for me.

nice bow, and picture

I love me some ice fishing. I'll be heading out boxing day.

It's been a long time since I've been ice fishing. Considering getting back into it this year, just got a new rod/reel from Wholesales closeout sale. Still got the old hand auger in the shop, might need a sharpening. Unfortunately the gf wants nothing to do with ice fishing so I will need to find someone else to get out with.

I'll be out a lot this winter. Since I take the kid, he likes to stay warmer so we have a roomy 6 man shack and a heater.

Have a few honey holes we limit out on nearly every time. Anything in the Okanagan even frozen? all the bigger lakes have no ice yet.

I really enjoy it also! My buddy and I were out on a small non stocked wild rainbows lake on Tuesday, we got 6 trout, 2 near 3 lbs. and the best eating! Looking for a good Lake trout lake nearer to Prince George, maybe Ianwuzhere could give a couple retired guys some of his expert info! LOL!

Been out a few times so far. It was a good start to the hard water season with the nice weather and lack of snow. The ice conditions were a little sketch though with the warm temps and 4 inches if you're lucky. Having said that, the imminent threat of death is really the only exciting part of ice fishing so it was a good start. Cold weather is here now so it should thicken things up. I'm heading out today to try my luck. Everyone stay safe out there.

Have not been out this year mostly target lakers and brook trout. Also target burbotand rainbows a little

Just figured out my auger is broken so need to fix that or steal one so I can go fishing