Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the Snow Pack in your Area So Far?

How's the Snow Pack in your Area So Far?

Well its getting close to mid winter now and it gets a hunter wondering how the critters are making out. Looking for some reports around the province, what're you seeing.. low, average, choking on the white stuff?

Right now in the valley bottom right in Hope we're down to around a foot and its raining and melting steadily. Up at the Coq summit the snow pack shown on dbc is 125 cm at the summit that's about 1200 metres elev iirc, and its melting today. So so far on the west slope of the Cascades I'd say around average so far, with a few weeks of heavy snow and tough going earlier. Melting trend for now.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How's the Snow Pack in your Area So Far?

Heading to the cabin tomorrow for awhile, I'll try to remember to report on the Tulameen snow pack.
    I'll probably get stuck just getting to our door.

Its raining in the Gar. Way less snow than last year. I hope the whiteys are doing well.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Beautiful sunny day on the Island,,,no snow
    BCWF
    WSSOBC-Life Member

Hoping to go check and see some goat numbers out the Squamish valley this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    Hoping to go check and see some goat numbers out the Squamish valley this weekend.
    Same here (the wack) hoping to see more than 26. Might be a little tough getting out to the main spot!
    Tell it how it is!!!

lots of melting snow in kamloops tonights temperature is going to make for ice...not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by ~T-BONE~ View Post
    Same here (the wack) hoping to see more than 26. Might be a little tough getting out to the main spot!
    If I can get out I'm hoping to see 40plus I think there still hauling out there so hoping it's graded.

Very little snow in Vanderhoof. Little bit in November which stayed, cold December but almost no snowfall. It's warmed up a bit in January and we seen a few inches. I doubt there is 10" right now locally
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Very little snow in Vanderhoof. Little bit in November which stayed, cold December but almost no snowfall. It's warmed up a bit in January and we seen a few inches. I doubt there is 10" right now locally
    If memory serves you central interior types have had a few wimpy winters lately, snowfall wise anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots
    Its raining in the Gar. Way less snow than last year. I hope the whiteys are doing well.
    And if memory serves on this one last years snow came late no? Good to hear the critters are getting off easy so far

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove
    Heading to the cabin tomorrow for awhile, I'll try to remember to report on the Tulameen snow pack.
    I'll probably get stuck just getting to our door.
    Dude, you've got an F 150 nothing can stop you It'll be interesting to see what's going on in the Tulameen, representative country for a lot of area round 'bouts there.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this