Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the Snow Pack in your Area So Far?

Re: How's the Snow Pack in your Area So Far?

Made a trip to Vernon yesterday via Kane v and Kelowna there and via Kamloops back. Other than the Coq the snow pack ranged from less than a foot to close to 3 feet at higher elevations. Nothing that would make a deer's belly drag, nothing seriously hampering them yet no crust or anything.

It was getting colder again -10 on the way home between Loops and Merritt. That area got a fair bit of fresh stuff earlier in the day and was no fun earlier judging by all the punch marks in the ditch. I believe it had been closed for a while. Calling for 15-20 cm snow in Hope today snowing lightly now.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Dude, you've got an F 150 nothing can stop you It'll be interesting to see what's going on in the Tulameen, representative country for a lot of area round 'bouts there.
    Arrived safely with haste yesterday, only slowed down by Chevy's and Dodges. All Toyotas are parked for the winter I guess.
    Think we had more snow in Hope than here.
    So, after a few walks in the woods, maybe 2 ft. max., usually at least 3 ft. this time of year. River has a number of unfrozen, open areas, almost every prior year we could walk across it at New Years, not so today. Must be proof of Global Climate Change I guess. No tracks other then sleds and dogs but that might change as we are getting a bit of fresh snow today. Our youngest dog did find a nice pile of reasonably fresh deer crap under the snow, he treats it as Bridge Mix and enjoys it. Maybe tomorrow walk down to the Lake, usually a lot of tracks there.

Little less than normal on the Bonaparte area north of kamloops

In my part of region 8 I'd say average, but I'll tell y'all officially next week when I send workers up to do our snowcourse....

Ugly bought of freezing rain low to mid elevations in the Cascades last night. Crusted up bad but its supposed to warm right up in the next couple days hopefully the crust will rot out soon.

Sounds like a lot of the interior has had quite a bit of snow in the last while any updates? Its translated to all rain down here its been around 7 degrees for the last while snows all gone but the piles.

Pretty deep from Kitwanga to Tatogga lake in Region 6. I see moose floundering in it every night. I think the wolves are scaring them out onto the roads because I see 15-20 every night on Hwy 37 to the mine at Tatogga

Probed 160 cm. at the Paulson Pass.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoda62 View Post
    Probed 160 cm. at the Paulson Pass.
    About the same as the Coq summit - 174 cm

For those of you who like data and measurements...

Table 1 - BC Snow Basin Indices – January 1, 2018Basin % of Normal Basin % of NormalUpper Fraser West 94 Boundary 97Upper Fraser East 109 Similkameen 141Nechako 98 South Coast 106Middle Fraser 86 Vancouver Island 96Lower Fraser 99 Central Coast 79North Thompson 83 Skagit 63South Thompson 90 Peace 82Upper Columbia 91 Skeena-Nass 93West Kootenay 92 Stikine 52East Kootenay 106 Liard 97Okanagan 123 Northwest NO DATA

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/en...2018_jan_1.pdf

Next report is released Feb 7.