View Poll Results: Would you support a special levy on hunting/fishing gear

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

134 52.34%
  • No

122 47.66%
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you pay a special tax for wildlife?

Re: Would you pay a special tax for wildlife?

Quote Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
    I already do every time I buy a license, tag or LEH. The government just needs to sped it on the area it is intended for rather than putting it into general revenue.
    the government already spends more than comes from licenses and tags on wildlife. but, it is not even close to enough!

how much did you spend on tags and licenses and how much time did you spend hunting?

how much did you spend to go hunting? (gas , gear etc)

you guys walking around wearing thousands of dollars of Sitka camo and swarovskis? but wont open your wallet. I am crying

Wow..only on the Internet. .pay over half my pension in taxes..user fees..i pay user fees..licenses tags..volinteer time to help wildlife..
    Next door neighbor. .doesn't hunt..pays zero towards wildlife..ZERO..why would I give province or turdeau one more red cent?

BC fisheries Brian Chan organization received $10 million last year from fishing licenses etc..resulting in the best fishing improvements ever.
    Gov't should spend the monies wiser..Auditor general reports gov't greatly under spending on wildlife. .hunters spend more than gov't. .yet much of these funds disappear. .then won't listen to biologists ..and stop grizzly hunting..

Please stop trying to spend my monies..pretty pleased at what I have contributed. .no more in the piggy bank..
    Cheers
    Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    oMG holier than thou!!! I for one am tired of paying over 50% of my annual income to governments in one form of taxation or another. I have paid my share over the last 50 years, go ahead have your turn at it.

Then do us all a favor and sell your guns and give up hunting. Its a time for helping WILDLIFE, if you're willing to take, be willing to give.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Hell no! Why would only fishermen and hunters have to carry the burden?

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    the government already spends more than comes from licenses and tags on wildlife. but, it is not even close to enough!

how much did you spend on tags and licenses and how much time did you spend hunting?

how much did you spend to go hunting? (gas , gear etc)

you guys walking around wearing thousands of dollars of Sitka camo and swarovskis? but wont open your wallet. I am crying
    Do you know this for a fact?
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Question Re: Would you pay a special tax for wildlife?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    ... I need to see some legislation that protects those funds earmarked for wildlife specifically.
    Unless I am mistaken, which happens these days a lot more often than I'd like...
    Were not all parties in alignment on the tag / certificate revenue going into dedicated funding, outside and unavailable to general revenue immediately prior to our last provincial election? Am I imagining that??

Just more bullshit, or something that should be looked into...

Wondering...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, which happens these days a lot more often than I'd like...
    Were not all parties in alignment on the tag / certificate revenue going into dedicated funding, outside and unavailable to general revenue immediately prior to our last provincial election? Am I imagining that??

Just more bullshit, or something that should be looked into...

Wondering...

Nog
    I think we’d all like to see how much money is actually being spent on wildlife, but probably would be sick to see how little is actually being focussed in the right direction.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

For those of you that have been giving for all your life, what has wildlife been doing? Giving or taking? What is wildlife going to continue to do. Are we going to stop taking if we stop paying? I Guarantee we are going to continue to take. For those of you that are givers ( you know who you are) this is not directed at you. For those of you who buy your licence and then go hunting doing nothing more .. look in the mirror. This is a chance to help by doing very little yourself.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Wow..only on the Internet. .pay over half my pension in taxes..user fees..i pay user fees..licenses tags..volinteer time to help wildlife..
    Next door neighbor. .doesn't hunt..pays zero towards wildlife..ZERO..why would I give province or turdeau one more red cent?

BC fisheries Brian Chan organization received $10 million last year from fishing licenses etc..resulting in the best fishing improvements ever.
    Gov't should spend the monies wiser..Auditor general reports gov't greatly under spending on wildlife. .hunters spend more than gov't. .yet much of these funds disappear. .then won't listen to biologists ..and stop grizzly hunting..

Please stop trying to spend my monies..pretty pleased at what I have contributed. .no more in the piggy bank..
    Cheers
    Cranky
    first of all sorry for spamming the thread.

srupp, no one is in a position to judge what you have contributed. undoubtedly you have done more than I and most others as well! I have a lot of respect for you.

the government's money is money we have all paid in taxes. yes we pay too much. much gets wasted a lot we may not agree where it goes. this is one thing we all care about and should be one thing we don't mind paying into (if it's going to actually help)

your neighbour who doesn't pay.. has he got as much as you out of wildlife in terms of enjoyment and memories?

it definitely would have to not be just hunters but all users... bikers, campers, hikers etc and especially these eco tourists!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Do you know this for a fact?
    If I'm not mistaken license revenues are close to 16million. flnro budget is 34 million. give or take a few shmill