View Poll Results: Would you support a special levy on hunting/fishing gear

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

134 52.34%
  • No

122 47.66%
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you pay a special tax for wildlife?

Re: Would you pay a special tax for wildlife?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    I’d like to see the actual numbers put toward wildlife, but wouldn’t hesitate to put more out if 100% of it went to wildlife.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Then do us all a favor and sell your guns and give up hunting. Its a time for helping WILDLIFE, if you're willing to take, be willing to give.
    No you sell your gear and donate all the proceeds to the cause. Then you could join a church and take a vow of perpetual poverty....you'd be given sainthood no doubt.

The thing with an excise tax on hunting gear is this: Hunters can then prove we are doing more than any other segment of the population to help wildlife, with $ to back it up.

This will create public support for hunting.

If put into a dedicated wildlife fund, sign me up for the tax.

So only people who hunt, fish and trap should be paying an "extra" tax to fund proper wildlife management?

Are we the only ones who will benefit?
    Look at it the other way around, if a tax were laid on all outdoor gear, then all outdoor enthusiasts would feel like they have a say in where and how the money should be spent. Can you say wildlife management for animals that are the most photogenic? If the tax were on hunting gear then only hunters get to be smug and say, "look at what we are actually doing for wildlife, we are putting our own real money behind our words!" Don't take our smugness from us! We need the smug, we're not getting the moral high ground anywhere else these days!

I would actually support a tax that I knew was going directly to wildlife management and habitat. But I have absolutely zero faith in government to maintain that revenue stream and not incorperate it into general revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Good info FD. So how is the extra funding proposal going to work and will all stakeholders be on board? I beleive that winning over the public may be an easier endeavour than trying to pull more money out of the pockets of users. Not saying that it isn’t needed, but trust in government has been lacking for too many years now.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

What a great idea ,more taxes. This idea rates right up there with PETA's idea for a sin tax on meat. The Government should just learn how to manage the money we already give them.

Sure as long as the FN's pay too, which they won't, so NO!

We already have the HCTF. It appears that the trust part has been removed from that.Any time I hear or see the word TAX,I think of politicians pensions.

If $ was set to go to projects to benefit wildlife and no where else yes I would support tag/license increases or a tax on outdoor equipment

But it MUST go to wildlife/habitat and not eaten up going into general revenue

Would also want to see reports published showing where the $ was used and results of these projects

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    eye opening. Pretty sure a hunting license costs more than $7. 100% of license fees need to go to wildlife management.