Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Wants To Talk Muleys?

Re: Who Wants To Talk Muleys?

Congrats to your son and time well spent hunting with family!

This work dana?
    Another meat buck out of our crew.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Great buck Dana,
    always enjoyed your pics and story’s.

This year my hunting was flipped upside down. With my recent move up to PG I was starting from scratch it felt like.
    I did get to hunt my fav reg 3 spot for 1 week but every big buck got the dip on me. I pounded the pavement and changed my hunting tactics as PG is waaaaay different then kammy. I was thankful to pull a decent 2 point mulie and a whitey doe out of reg 7 this year close to home. I found some really cool spots to hunt am I’m optimistic there’s big bucks around these parts. But at first glance you wouldn’t think PG is very good for deer. I figure if I hunt my backyard and learn some spots close to home I would have better odds at a cranker then back down in Reg 3.

Can’t wait to pull my cams this spring. Seeing is believing.

Happy new year
    While PG isn't classic mule deer country, i think it gets overlooked, especially by the locals. In the past, moose was the main staple to hunt and muleys were not even given a glance. If you do your homework, you are bound to find something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    This work dana?

Hahaha. A big buck selfie in a mirror. At least it wasn't taken in the bathroom.

Definte Beauty Meat Buck!!! I imagine he filled the freezer rather nicely!!!

This work dana?

Fantastic Buck!!
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I call them meat bucks because that is what they are. I went out with no set goals other than bringing home meat to fill an empty freezer. I am so tired of the label 'trophy hunter' that many on this site have accussed me of being, as if it is something 'bad'. Many actually believe all I care about is the size of the antlers. I am and always have been a meat hunter. Top priority of every year is to refill the freezer. When my kids or I had enough success that we can get by through a year based on a strong wild game diet, i then become a selective meat hunter. I am not embarrassed about my harvests. A mature 170 class buck fills the freezer faster than a yearling spike. This past year, i harvested 2 whitetail does and my son harvested a big 3 point muley which allowed me the opportunity to be selective till the end of the muley season. The tag went uncut.
    excellent response. In my mind, so called trophy hunting, or selective hunting, should garner more respect as it shows discipline and respect for the harvest. I do believe it's best to use term meat hunter, but if it was just about the meat, shop Costco as its cheaper.
    Last edited by Blainer; 01-07-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Another meat buck

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Fantastic Buck!!
    33" wide
    240 "

33" wide
    240 "
    Crazy, monster buck. Live for those opportunities, or still waiting for a 240", keeps us returning to the mountains. Great share