Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Antler Restriction/ Recruitments?

Re: Antler Restriction/ Recruitments?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I've never seen a WT where we hunt in 5 and in our 7 spot we've seen a couple of does which are closed until oct. 10th. IF we are expected to hunt whitetails in our spots it would be quite a stupid thing to undertake, waste of time and money.
    Often the case when not targeting them only stating the opinions are there in those regions. I also don’t doubt you’re mule deer locations don’t hold good WT numbers

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Not worried about side effects. I’m strictly talking “overcrowding”.
    Lots of options if that is the only goal in mind

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    well... if it’s all about “overcrowding” then make reg 3,4and 8 four point only, all season. Done and done.
    Or adjust 4 and 8 to mirror R3 would be even better. Harvest across all age classes which is much better for mule deer in the long run.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

I'd like to see all mule deer on LEH, generous open WT seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    I'd like to see all mule deer on LEH, generous open WT seasons.
    Dumbest idea in the world. I'd have to take up poaching mule deer if that ever happened because I sure as hell wouldn't get drawn in the crooked leh crapfest.

Seriously Wildone? more people are going to go focus on white tail? I still won't be going for white tail, I'm just going to get the gf to get her core done, come with me for any buck and shoot Bambi while wiping the tears from her eyes so I can still focus on being unsuccessful at shooting a mature buck and have a deer in the freezer. I just freakin love mule deer hunting and have no desire at all to invest money into a different species that I don't know how to properly hunt, since after all most of us aren't true white tail hunters anyways, I have no desire to invest money into going to a different area that I don't know and spend years learning it and mastering the ways of the "true" white tail hunter. I also prefer muley meat to white tail.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    Seriously Wildone? more people are going to go focus on white tail? I still won't be going for white tail, I'm just going to get the gf to get her core done, come with me for any buck and shoot Bambi while wiping the tears from her eyes so I can still focus on being unsuccessful at shooting a mature buck and have a deer in the freezer. I just freakin love mule deer hunting and have no desire at all to invest money into a different species that I don't know how to properly hunt, since after all most of us aren't true white tail hunters anyways, I have no desire to invest money into going to a different area that I don't know and spend years learning it and mastering the ways of the "true" white tail hunter. I also prefer muley meat to white tail.

Dont expect everyone to have the same reaction and if mule deer are your only true interest can understand your response

A lot of hunters will just make use of other opportunities or be more selective about the mule deer they tag

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Dont expect everyone to have the same reaction and if mule deer are your only true interest can understand your response

A lot of hunters will just make use of other opportunities or be more selective about the mule deer they tag
    What happens when all those alternative opportunities go the way of the grizzly bear hunt?

What's the alternative then?

We already have groups in the Kootenays lobbying government with big money, and threatening biologists personally, that want to see restrictions on whitetails. No WT does, 3 point or better WT bucks, etc. Close the elk hunt. Close spike/forks.

Opportunity is disappearing fast. Governments are bending to anti-hunting voices, voices that are backed up by groups of hunters that call for less hunting, just like the antis.

The unintended consequences will be shocking and dramatic if we fall into the trap of giving the anti hunting forces even more traction by calling on more and more emotion-based restrictions on hunting.

It's happening, quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    What happens when all those alternative opportunities go the way of the grizzly bear hunt?

What's the alternative then?

We already have groups in the Kootenays lobbying government with big money, and threatening biologists personally, that want to see restrictions on whitetails. No WT does, 3 point or better WT bucks, etc. Close the elk hunt. Close spike/forks.

Opportunity is disappearing fast. Governments are bending to anti-hunting voices, voices that are backed up by groups of hunters that call for less hunting, just like the antis.

The unintended consequences will be shocking and dramatic if we fall into the trap of giving the anti hunting forces even more traction by calling on more and more emotion-based restrictions on hunting.

It's happening, quickly.

Nothing like grizz hunt or catering to antis. Don’t want to get into the grizz hunt issue with me more than pissed here

As for the group in the koots well been saying it for years hunting groups in BC need to consider some give and take

Like it or not years of pushing against anything that’s not max harvest opportunity and not listening to different hunters of BC has caused backlash.

A divided group of hunters has been created and now you are seeing them rise in frustration do I agree with all they are pushing for no but understand the frustration

Should have learned to play nice in the sandbox I know for a fact a lot of hunters are pissed seeking change

BC will change yes but you are being a fear monger in hopes people will follow your view

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Nothing like grizz hunt or catering to antis. Don’t want to get into the grizz hunt issue with me more than pissed here

As for the group in the koots well been saying it for years hunting groups in BC need to consider some give and take

Like it or not years of pushing against anything that’s not max harvest opportunity and not listening to different hunters of BC has caused backlash.

A divided group of hunters has been created and now you are seeing them rise in frustration do I agree with all they are pushing for no but understand the frustration

Should have learned to play nice in the sandbox I know for a fact a lot of hunters are pissed seeking change

BC will change yes but you are being a fear monger in hopes people will follow your view
    I was called a fear monger when I said that if we elected the NDP, it would be the end of the grizzly hunt, too.

How'd that work out?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !