Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Antler Restriction/ Recruitments?

Re: Antler Restriction/ Recruitments?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    It wasn't a survey. It was an analysis of harvest returns by hunter number for several years, a large sample that gave solid results from an area that had a strong mule deer population that was growing close to 15% annually, even with a two buck limit and considerable antlerless harvest on LEH.

Not going to debate the harvest data collected in BC been done to death on this forum

But again a 1 mule deer BC limit should have no negative impact on both hunters and mule deer from this info. For this reason alone I see no risk in applying it to test the theory that it will spread hunter numbers.

Higher probability of at least a small improvement to improving hunt quality then it causing a negative impact

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Not going to debate the harvest data collected in BC been done to death on this forum

But again a 1 mule deer BC limit should have no negative impact on both hunters and mule deer from this info. For this reason alone I see no risk in applying it to test the theory that it will spread hunter numbers.

Higher probability of at least a small improvement to improving hunt quality then it causing a negative impact
    Well, it is a 67% decrease in hunter opportunity for those who like to travel and eat mule deer.

Economically, it's going to sting for those small communities that rely on out-of-region hunters who come and spend money on motels, gas, food, restaurants, broken driveshafts, etc. Many of these communities have been hard hit by job losses in the forest industry and rely on substantial contributions from hunters in the fall. The small towns are really going to feel it.

I know that when my hunting partner and I go on a trip to region 5 for late season mule deer hunts, we drop $700 - 1000 each for a 4 or 5 day hunt. All those camo-clad patrons at the Hungry Bear or Hungry Herby's will decide to stay home when they've shot a deer at home and can't go elsewhere to try their luck on a late season hunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Well, it is a 67% decrease in hunter opportunity for those who like to travel and eat mule deer.

Economically, it's going to sting for those small communities that rely on out-of-region hunters who come and spend money on motels, gas, food, restaurants, broken driveshafts, etc. Many of these communities have been hard hit by job losses in the forest industry and rely on substantial contributions from hunters in the fall. The small towns are really going to feel it.

I know that when my hunting partner and I go on a trip to region 5 for late season mule deer hunts, we drop $700 - 1000 each for a 4 or 5 day hunt. All those camo-clad patrons at the Hungry Bear or Hungry Herby's will decide to stay home when they've shot a deer at home and can't go elsewhere to try their luck on a late season hunt.
    Still allowed 3 deer and odds are hunters will utilize WT opurtunity more. It is really just a shift in deer species and location to some

Hunters will still hunt and just adapt. Especially BC hunters as they travel beyond what hunters from others do in provs outside of BC. Already common practice for hunters here in BC to chase different opportunities. This will not take $ out of the economy more like shift where hunter $ are spent at the most

From someone living in a small town hunters travel to I can honestly say outside of fuel/food out of town hunters are not bringing much to the local economy. Reality of it is most of the $ spent by hunters is before they head out on their trip and spent in the area they live.

Plus you should be happy at the possibility of this increasing WT harvest you have been pushing for that for years now. No better way to encourage WT harvest then limiting mule deer opportunity

Way more possible positives then negatives

From someone living in a small town hunters travel to I can honestly say outside of fuel/food out of town hunters are not bringing much to the local economy. Reality of it is most of the $ spent by hunters is before they head out on their trip and spent in the area
    really? living in a small town qualifies you to judge the economy? gas station, restaurants, liquor stores and all the motels lined with hunting rigs are a huge boost to many businesses

Still allowed 3 deer and odds are hunters will utilize WT opurtunity more. It is really just a shift in deer species and location to some

Hunters will still hunt and just adapt. Especially BC hunters as they travel beyond what hunters from others do in provs outside of BC. Already common practice for hunters here in BC to chase different opportunities. This will not take $ out of the economy more like shift where hunter $ are spent at the most

From someone living in a small town hunters travel to I can honestly say outside of fuel/food out of town hunters are not bringing much to the local economy. Reality of it is most of the $ spent by hunters is before they head out on their trip and spent in the area they live.

Plus you should be happy at the possibility of this increasing WT harvest you have been pushing for that for years now. No better way to encourage WT harvest then limiting mule deer opportunity

Way more possible positives then negatives
    Do you seriously think I'll travel to region 5 to chase a whitetail now when I have way more of them 5 minutes from my house?

Not a chance.

Hunters are traditional people. The annual trip to their favourite spots has an allure that goes back generations in some families.

Taking away 67% of opportunity from those hunters for purely social reasons (crowding? WTF!) won't help deer and won't help the suffering economies that depend on those family trips.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    really? living in a small town qualifies you to judge the economy? gas station, restaurants, liquor stores and all the motels lined with hunting rigs are a huge boost to many businesses
    Nope but the business owners who told me they see little benefit from out of town hunting might know something. They would much rather promote fishing as they say it brings more to the community.

Nope but the business owners who told me they see little benefit from out of town hunting might know something. They would much rather promote fishing as they say it brings more to the community.
    Well, you haven't been to Cache Creek Come November.
    Most of the motels are filled with hunters.

My opinion we will see a slight decrease in crowding with a 1 mule deer limit but any buckis still going to busy as a large portion only hunt this season

In my opinion the best case out come is the 1 mule deer bag limit is effective enough to lengthen any buck season this would spread pressure. Back when it was 3 month any buck season it did help with crowds

As for boxhitches opinion WT season will keep it busy don’t agree. WT use different habitat for starters and True WT tactics make it easier for a larger number of hunters to inhabit an area. Many BC hunters will face a learning curve here. Already see this just with the wt doe seasons.
    well... if it’s all about “overcrowding” then make reg 3,4and 8 four point only, all season. Done and done.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Do you seriously think I'll travel to region 5 to chase a whitetail now when I have way more of them 5 minutes from my house?

Not a chance.

Hunters are traditional people. The annual trip to their favourite spots has an allure that goes back generations in some families.

Taking away 67% of opportunity from those hunters for purely social reasons (crowding? WTF!) won't help deer and won't help the suffering economies that depend on those family trips.
    Nope don’t think you will travel to region 5 but bet you will see an increase of hunters to your area for WT promoting the economy there. Economy argument is not valid it will be a shift to other areas that could benefit

Some hunters are very traditional but a ton of BC hunters chase opportunity as well

There is only one negative to this change and that is the 4% of hunters you mentioned can now only shoot 1 mule deer

So other then it does not fit your agenda of max hunter opportunity not much to argue.

Straight up you just don’t like it but reality is a most hunters will go unaffected

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Well, you haven't been to Cache Creek Come November.
    Most of the motels are filled with hunters.
    And that may not change