Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whisker Biscuit users? Effects on accuracy? Good out to 60?

Whisker Biscuit users? Effects on accuracy? Good out to 60?

I've never used anything but drop away rests. But I'm getting a new bow this year and am thinking of trying a whisker biscuit. They seems to fit with my KISS principal.
    Does anyone know if they have an effective range? I want to do some early season mountain muley hunting and want to be good out to 60 yards.

Cheers.
    John
    https://highlanderhunting.wordpress.com/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Whisker Biscuit users? Effects on accuracy? Good out to 60?

I use whiskerbiscuit and have no accuracy issues out at that range. I am not a archery pro but under the right conditions i would take the shot.Definitely max range for me.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I had for a long time and it worked very well out to 50 yards( my practice distance). Only issue I had was if you shoot a lot the WB can wear your vanes out a bit.

The biscuit is great but once you have used a good drop away you won't go back. Whisker Biscuit is in my very limited experience, the perfect solution for beginners or if your worries about your drop away failing

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I used one on two different bows for many years with no problems out to 50 yards.
    When I upgraded to my 3rd which was a much more technical and faster bow, I was
    advised to use a good drop away because of possible damage to the arrow vanes and
    slight loss of energy that's absorbed with lighter arrows. Once familiar with the new
    setup I found it to be a bit more accurate at all ranges, quieter, and have had no issues
    with vane damage.

the WB are great for simplicity and piece of mind .. however they will enhance form flaws, they will make a mediocre shot worse ...

that said .. there is no effective "max " range on them, I will recommend to treat the 'whiskers" with an anti iceing agent ... armour all works really well

also .. a little dab of fletch glue on the leading edge of the vanes will protect the vanes from any damage from the WB
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Two problems with WB. First the vanes on your arrows take a licking, and second, the nylon brushes that hold the arrows in place wear over time and accuracy goes for a sh1t.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

I have the biscuit and a drop away on 2 bows. I definitely like the whisker biscuit better for the spot and stalk type hunts. The drop away for stands. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    the WB are great for simplicity and piece of mind .. however they will enhance form flaws, they will make a mediocre shot worse ...

that said .. there is no effective "max " range on them, I will recommend to treat the 'whiskers" with an anti iceing agent ... armour all works really well

also .. a little dab of fletch glue on the leading edge of the vanes will protect the vanes from any damage from the WB
    Yep that is the experience I've had with a whisker biscuit. They froze up on me and very cold weather. And you must put a dab of Fletching glue on the Leading Edge of the vanes mine kept peeling off with my speed bow. I also lost eight feet per second using a whisker biscuit over the code red drop away

If your max range for shooting at game is 60 you should be practicing out to much further. For this a drop away is just way more consistent. My Dropbox away work well for spot and stalk as well, added some mole Hai to the sides to keep the noise down.