Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 snow geese

2018 snow geese

Well I'm going to give snow goose hunting a try this coming Feb 20th to Mar 10th season out in Ladner. I've been doing some research and it seems that goose numbers have been climbing over the past few years and the late season has higher numbers. So to me it would indicate a fairly easy task to get into a limit or two if ones timing is right.

So what I'd like to know is how far off am I and how simple a setup can one get away with?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2018 snow geese

Scouting and Permission is key as is a good selection of decoys and good calling. We put out anywhere between 300 and 1100 deeks. Lots of birds but believe me it's no cakewalk, you will work for them..
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

300-110 deeks!!!!! WOW that's a crap load of work for a solo hunt........

Quote Originally Posted by Fishgutz View Post
    Well I'm going to give snow goose hunting a try this coming Feb 20th to Mar 10th season out in Ladner. I've been doing some research and it seems that goose numbers have been climbing over the past few years and the late season has higher numbers. So to me it would indicate a fairly easy task to get into a limit or two if ones timing is right.

So what I'd like to know is how far off am I and how simple a setup can one get away with?
    Very simple setups will yield big rewards if you know where to go. Do you want to field shoot our hit the marshes? K

he would like the marsh so please draw a detailed map

Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    he would like the marsh so please draw a detailed map
    I can do that, I don't shoot Spring Snows so I would like nothing more than to help a guy put some geese on the dirt! Never been a fan of the Spring Canada hunt either, I've always been in favour of more geese next year, I guess you can call me greedy! Regardless, PM me FishGutz and I'll try and help ya out. K

It's looking like I'll have permission to hunt some farm land.

That's awesome! I'd give my left nut to get onto some farmland in Ladner. Some of the fields have been loaded this year.

BTW, I have a few dozen full size hardshell Snow decoys and a dozen or so Canada decoys you could use if you wanted to bring me along with you. Just sayin...

I'll keep that in mind for sure!