Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New shiny packs from Stone Glacier!

New shiny packs from Stone Glacier!

Looks like the guys at stone glacier have some new offerings! Couple of things catching my eye..but i dont need a pack

https://www.stoneglacier.com/collections/all-packs

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New shiny packs from Stone Glacier!

Just spoke with Pete day before yesterday, I use SO packs but am VERY interested in the new tent SG is offering this year.

I have my Hille. SAIVO, and NIAK, which cover most of what I can do, but, I want a spacious, light coloured tent for summer and especially some flyins to certain lakes I know and this seems ideal at probably $595.00USD and just under 5 lbs. all in.

Hilles are my favourites by far, but, are VERY costly and my NIAK is such a dark shade of green, it appears black........ideal for hiding in the timber, but, not my ideal in July sun.

SG is an impressive outfit and one I respect.

and hows Pete doing down there Dewey ? RJ

I guess BgBlkDg and I are the only gear whores that get excited about the new gear that comes out in Jan every year.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    I guess BgBlkDg and I are the only gear whores that get excited about the new gear that comes out in Jan every year.
    I switched to a Exo Mountain Gear !!
    but I’m as bad a Gear junkie as anyone, sold my Stone Glacier Xcurve & 6900 bag already !
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 01-06-2018 at 08:40 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I have the Sky Talus on a Krux frame purchased a couple months before the XCurve hit the market. Although tempting, I’ll stick with what I have as I have zero complaints. It looks like the new Evo frame might be the Krux with the two piece/strap belt that the XCurve offered?

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I switched to a Exo Mountain Gear !!
    but I’m as bad a Gear junkie as anyone, sold my Stone Glacier Xcurve & 6900 bag already !
    Exo hey? How are you liking that ?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Exo hey? How are you liking that ?
    Its really good, comfortable very similar to the Stone Glacier, hard to tell them apart with your eyes closed,

I still prefer my MR Nice frame/bag over any of them but of course it’s about 3lbs heavier !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I would love one of their smaller bags for Krux frame. Although lightweight the archer 6200 bag is Fricken enormous for a day bag.

But ... i just bought a Leica rangefinder and still want to upgrade my binoculars ... so it'll have to wait.

Maybe next year.

Damn!! Another pack to throw into the mix!!

I am looking to upgrade to a new day/1-3 day all in one pack. My main use will be checking trail cameras, setting up licks and bait sites, packing in 50 lbs. of salt/grain, packing out elk/moose and deer and doing overnighters in the mountains around Tumbler and FSJ. Looking for a pack that has some organizational pockets for all the little things like locks, cameras, cards, cables etc.

I had narrowed it down to the following:

- Black Creek Alternative with the Grip Frame - My old pack in a Blacks Creek Canadian that is bomb proof, they offer a trade in program for old packs, so they are offering a pretty good deal on this pack
    http://blacks-creek.com/packs/alternative-pack/

- Seek outside Peregrine 3500 or Unaweep 4800 - Dewey's favorite pack company and one I really like - nice people to talk to!!
    https://seekoutside.com/peregrine-3500/ https://seekoutside.com/unaweep-4800...k-olive-green/

- Exo 3500 - This one is on my radar mainly due to Bartell bringing EXO gear forward on this site. Lots of positive reviews out there on this pack!!

- SG Solo 3300 and now the two EVO packs - The SG packs are nice (at least on the net!!) and great people to talk to, but their packs are minimalists, none or very little pockets for organizational stuff, unless you spend more $$ on "extras"....which all add up.

- Kifaru - lots of great packs, lots of options, loyalty to the nines!! and lots of $$$ to but what I need. Looking at used, but still big bucks!!

Decisions, Decisions!!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!