Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We “Managing Wildlife to Zero” in British Columbia?

Re: Are We “Managing Wildlife to Zero” in British Columbia?

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Well thanks for clarifying that what you posted was false once again, I said 425A have a look at the 2014 count it will show you what they state for 425A
    425 is broken into sub units in case you didn't know.
    Again looks like counts are not done every year, so again false info you posted.
    And I never blamed hunters your the one that keeps saying that.
    Im just simply saying that a lot of the data or what you say is false and you keep showing that
    People can make there own decisions on what they think.
    When did I say counts are done every year?

Perhaps you should drop by the local bio's office and ask him/her to explain population dynamics and harvest calculations before you accuse people of posting false information.

You've posted nothing except a goat number of 25. You've provided no links to your "statistic." Please post it up. Please explain how a goat population is negatively affected by a harvest rate of 1%.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    When did I say counts are done every year?

Perhaps you should drop by the local bio's office and ask him/her to explain population dynamics and harvest calculations before you accuse people of posting false information.

You've posted nothing except a goat number of 25. You've provided no links to your "statistic." Please post it up. Please explain how a goat population is negatively affected by a harvest rate of 1%.
    You said they had to be >100 every year or no hunt, so to know that they would have to be counted
    I talk to the bios. and get numbers sent to me have no clue how to post it up, cant even get pictures on here.
    Its all on a link like you all ready posted except from 2014 where yours was from 2006 Im sure you have it you post
    up harvest numbers to a later date.
    Don't know about your 1% harvest rate but if you look at the 2014 leh there was 22 authorizations for 4-25A seems a bit extreme
    for 25 goats last years LEH its down to 2 which still doesn't meet the >100 or no hunt that you posted.
    I will see if can find someone to post the 2014 count but no promises.
    Found it but don't know how to get it on here its called the
    East Kootenay Mountain Goat Assessment for 2014
    Last edited by LBM; 01-06-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Honestly, I thought I was, that the Fault is with the Ministry (the government), and that they just try to manage wildlife with "hunting regs", ever year.
    I never said hunting reg don't need to exist, they do!, but they haven't helped produce more wildlife!!
    It just keeps going downhill, and they wont manage wolves, and they never wanted to spray to kill the beetle way back when it started, years and years ago...all due to public pressure, and worse, ripping us hunters off by not using all 100% of our tag money to put back into burns or what have you.
    Don't have to tell me about urban sprawl, cant go from 4 million to 9 billion and climbing on the same little ball floating in space, and hope that everything stays the same.
    But hunters are the biggest reason why animals are disappearing all over this planet, and with a little help from hunters, have shown to grow, instead of decline, if money is thrown back into the system.
    Sorry, I tried to be respectful when I asked you about if you liked the article, but you ended up just going on with some sort of BCWF conspiracy, and it just ends up wrecking thread after thread around here, and its not just you, lots of people involved, in both camps.
    You don't get it...the article described three camps. Inferred only one is legitimate. Kinda like me saying wtf to those who voted for the NDP or Greens. It is your democratic right to vote for who you want. The article is the same old song. Our way or your a knuckledragger. Society does not work that way. Read up on what raincoast supporters think of hunters. Same term knuckledraggers.
    If there is a will to get along it cannot be one sided all groups have to come out of negotiations getting something....the "sophisticated " science based hunters..talk about hubris! Why would a "commoner" listen to them when they have examples every day of how reliable science isn't.
    Probably should have hunter type 4. Ones that can see through all the bullshit .
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Let's see if I can clear up "my point of view", and this is just mine, with 0 influence, I promise.
    I am not against Hunting Regs/LEH or Restrictions, and even Closures.
    But, I am also pissed off that little to noe of our money gets used, or was ever really used, by the ministry, to do much in the way of helping wildlife, whether it was habitat, or wolf culling, blah blah blah.
    BUT, Regs wont work on their own!
    AND, Funding wont just work on it's own!
    AND Funding will only work if Ministry has BALLS implement (ie. wolf culls etc).
    BOTH ARE NEEDED TO HAPPEN TOGHETHER, AT THE SAME TIME TO WORK, and thus make more wildlife again.

Let's see if I can clear up "my point of view", and this is just mine, with 0 influence, I promise.
    But, I am also pissed off that little to noe of our money gets used, or was ever really used, by the ministry, to do much in the way of helping wildlife, whether it was habitat, or wolf culling, blah blah blah.
    AND Funding will only work if Ministry has BALLS implement (ie. wolf culls etc).
    BOTH ARE NEEDED TO HAPPEN TOGHETHER, AT THE SAME TIME TO WORK, and thus make more wildlife again.
    would have to agree with you here and many do

It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    would have to agree with you here and many do
    I hope so?, and that's what I took from the article, and this OP.
    We all are adults here, and we all know Hunting Regs are needed.
    And by now, after all these years, we should be pretty confident that Regs to be changed to help were needed, whether to help a certain species recover, or, open up opportunity were it can be supported.
    The Thing Missing, is the Funding and Doing, and that's what we should be screaming the loudest and together.

I hope so?, and that's what I took from the article, and this OP.
    We all are adults here, and we all know Hunting Regs are needed.
    And by now, after all these years, we should be pretty confident that Regs to be changed to help were needed, whether to help a certain species recover, or, open up opportunity were it can be supported.
    The Thing Missing, is the Funding and Doing, and that's what we should be screaming the loudest and together.
    The conclusion many are reaching is we need a new voice to accomplish this as the present one has not represented hunters properly but instead has played a roll in division of hunters

That is a big one holding things back

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    The slaughter, do you mean by humans.
    1987 to 1991, until the LEH on cow moose ended and all bulls were put on LEH. Yes.

I stated somewhere before that I asked a biologist why our logging roads weren't closed to hunting........... His reply, " Horsefly and Likely are shot out. They (hunters) need somewhere to go."

here, here! I think many of us would agree on this but keep arguing based on how it's presented