Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Are We “Managing Wildlife to Zero” in British Columbia?

Re: Are We “Managing Wildlife to Zero” in British Columbia?

Why are you guys still arguing over the effect of roads and access? Is there really a buck or bull shortage ? I heard most reports show good recruitment rates ?
    Road are kept open for the purposes of timber farming, to think that will change to deter predators is a hooka dream.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Excellent post.. a must read for all!

Study finds animals are restricting migratory movement because of humans

Kind of obvious, but the more stuff like this hits the media the better...

https://globalnews.ca/news/3988169/a...-conservation/
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Wolf seem to have no problems moving and expanding in the province.
    Deer and bear and everything else seem to be able to walk as well...don't they?
    But, it sure is hard to find a meal, when there is a condo sitting on top of your grub,
    especially come winter time...or am I wrong??

I agree, it all starts with legislated objectives for fish and wildlife populations, and the proper funding backing those objectives.....I hope all you old school thinkers read this, and approach it with an open mind, rather than just having a hate on for Fisher Dude..you all know who you are, time to wake up and start demanding to your respective MLA's that wildlife needs to be a higher funding priority, not more restrictive hunting seasons..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Logging roads...or the Spur Roads...or is that the same thing.
    Anyways, why aren't the logging Companies just not "Bulldozing over the roads" in the Cutblocks??
    Just do away with them, obliterate them, make guys get out and walk the block, and make it impossible for ATV's to get into those blocks.
    As for FSR's and some roads leading to blocks, leave them.....we all get older....IMO.
    I do agree, it would be nice to see more of this....

Headlines: “Hunters generously ask for reduced hunting seasons to help recover wildlife populations.”

When in today’s explosive and emotionally charged public forums the hunter’s words are more likely going to be turned against us something like:

Headlines: “Hunters admit they are devastating wildlife populations – Is it time to ban all hunting forever?”

This bit neatly sums up where journalistic integrity is at these days.
    But then what do I know? I'm just a lowly woodcutter.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I agree, it all starts with legislated objectives for fish and wildlife populations, and the proper funding backing those objectives.....I hope all you old school thinkers read this, and approach it with an open mind, rather than just having a hate on for Fisher Dude..you all know who you are, time to wake up and start demanding to your respective MLA's that wildlife needs to be a higher funding priority, not more restrictive hunting seasons..
    harry money causes more problems then it ever fixed. Money is power. Power corrupts. More money more corruption.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

I do agree, it would be nice to see more of this....
    This has been answered a million times..cause rd construction is a cost it is deducted against the provinces share on timber value. Tear back up the rd and the province didn't make anything. Money is the reason.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

You want more money! who is going to spend this money and on what?
    I've seen first hand how Fish and Wildlife spend money. I wouldn't give them a dime to run a pay toilet.