Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Good on you for barking back, wolves are a touchy subject.
    Wolves can carry a very nasty virus, use gloves, when dealing with wolf hides, and I've never heard of anyone eating wolf, but I had a buddy that ate coyote.
    Said it was "awful tasting". Coming from a guy that ate a bobcat. (And liked it)

Mule deer are an easier animal to hunt, than blk tails.
    I'd go into the interior, and figure out mulies, before u tackle the blk tails.
    Good luck, on your adventures.

For first post it stank of an anti fishing for info as most would know wolf meat is not desirable.....gloves for skinning as said. Go get them badtids

Quote Originally Posted by Cody-ak View Post
    I took my course with Brian Cummings- from now on you guys can pm me if you want to check my credentials since that’s not what this thread is for.
    Bravo man, don’t take any crap from some of the sour pusses on here. To answer your question about wolf meat being inedible, it’s because they carry some nasty parasites and disease. Hyatid disease comes to mind. Although I’m sure if you cook the meat really well it might become safe.

and I concur with digger dogger about hunting mulies before blacktail, although if you go after blacktails first it’ll make mule deer hunting seem like a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    Good on you for barking back, wolves are a touchy subject.
    Wolves can carry a very nasty virus, use gloves, when dealing with wolf hides, and I've never heard of anyone eating wolf, but I had a buddy that ate coyote.
    Said it was "awful tasting". Coming from a guy that ate a bobcat. (And liked it)

Mule deer are an easier animal to hunt, than blk tails.
    I'd go into the interior, and figure out mulies, before u tackle the blk tails.
    Good luck, on your adventures.
    Agree with everything posted about wolf. As for bobcat it tastes good lol

The opinion of mule deer being easier is shared by most but once you figure out blacktail and good locations that can change

Myself I have a higher success rate with blacktail and whitetail then I do with mule deer. I did invest more effort into the first to species then I have mule deer which is most likely the reason

Maybe I am just backwards lol

I Saw a guy eat wolf....several years ago...still alive as far as I know
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

Fello hunters and trappers, I would love to learn to trap, I enjoy Trapping Inc. on Channel 359! I am also a life-member hunter of the Wild Sheep Society of BC. Personally, I would like to see the sheep society fund a pro wolf trapper for areas up north and where they affect specifically sheep but help all ungulates.
    Outfitters in the Kechika years ago reduced wolves with gov't supplied poison and all game numbers came back tremendously!
    A guide told me wolverines are terrible also on sheep lambs, makes so much sense. Damn season for Wolverines in region 7 is too late for most sheep hunters.
    I am not a director but recommend to apply to the Wild Sheep Society for assistance funding or grant for wolf trapping. The web site is on-line to contact a director.

bchunter if you want to pack some bait and hike through the snow .l'll take you out next season for wolves

Why does it matter because there's been more than one burn from questions like this from one post members. Now that theres some background he's clearly a new hunter and sorry for being a pr...k. Just get a little touchy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
    bchunter if you want to pack some bait and hike through the snow .l'll take you out next season for wolves
    Like I said, if your ever around reg 8 I'd love to do my part as well and learn some trapping...not afraid to put on miles on snowshoes...

Quote Originally Posted by Cody-ak View Post
    I took my course with Brian Cummings- from now on you guys can pm me if you want to check my credentials since that’s not what this thread is for.
    Welcome to the community buddy...
    Can be a tough crowd at times, but in time they will realize your "legit".
    Just so many "trolls" on this site in the past few years that everyone is getting
    a little sensitive to "newbs".
    Anyways, good luck this season!