Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Messaging takes CASH
    More cash-more messaging
    Are you really getting pushback about the funded management? What are you looking for? What are you asking?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Are you really getting pushback about the funded management? What are you looking for? What are you asking?
    What am I asking for??

Hunter dollars going back to the resource.
    (gaining some attention yet some fight the cause internally)

Small tax on outdoor products and services.
    WE need funding

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

What am I asking for??

WE need funding
    So your getting pushback on that? Your not really that I saw. Your preaching to the choir.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

What am I asking for??

WE need funding

Many agree funding is needed but direction on how the funding is spent is not clear. Notice how pro guide came here with a direct plan and focus on where the $ asked for is going

Look he is getting support on his project from RH. It because those donating understand exactly where there $ is being spent, the direct purpose and even the area it is focused on

Want people to open their wallets they want to know exactly where their $ goes. It just like asking for an investment in a business investors want a clear plan where their $ is going

Now we know the purpose of your plan is more funding for studies and habitat ( which most agree is good) but what are we studying? What are we going to do for habitat? Where in BC are this projects going to take place, main species of interest

A huge one who is in control of these funds?( this is a make or break for me personally)

I have no issue supporting at tax small price to take a risk on

But you want support and funding from RH they need more information

This thread proves RH can open their wallets

And that's what this treat was about. Do some research, find some trappers in your local or preferred hunting management unit. Give said trapper a call, talk about trapping some wolves, and throw him some gas money if he can spend a little time thinning a thriving, uncontrolled population of wolves. That's how i see it. Not pointing fingers and trying to reinvent the wheel! Old time, down roots just getting shit done. That's exactly what proguide is doing.Pure ground work. Lets help some trappers out!

WE need funding
    Don't think that would fly very well .... with anyone.

You've researched this a lot .... where do states like Wyoming get their funding? They have some of the best deer hunting in the entire country and their population is smaller than that of Vancouver alone. The whole damn state has less than 600,000 people. Even if they have a higher number of hunters per capita, their overall hunter numbers can't possibly be higher than BC with a population over 7 times larger.

- Do they charge more for their licenses/tags?
    - Are they federally funded or subsidised?

OK you bunch of dingleberries, I'm all in. I have been in meetings for almost two weeks with key players, put on a bunch of km's, talked to literally dozens of people across a lot of the province.
    We are launching BC Ungulate Foundation. We are going to be a high speed problem solving group dedicated to conservation and 'growing ungulates' province wide. No more political BS, no more stagnant 'nothing happening', no more infighting, no more BS, no more 'maybe next year or the year after'.
    I have formed a group of very intelligent 'go getter' people made up of eager 'FN and non FN concerned outdoors people who want the same thing and are going to make it happen NOW. This is it. I have created a solid bridge to all concerned, have ZERO negative, zero 'anything' to infight about and we ARE going to make things better and swiftly - period. No more 'them and us', no more crap.
    This unfortunately as well means I am not going to go rip around the planet this winter having FUN !! lol, DAMMIT !!! lol.

Will have the full menu delivered to all soon, have some very motivated people involved and FINALLY a solid group made up of dedicated people from ALL groups concerned who are HAPPY, eager and agree 100% across the board. We are going to fix the BS once and for all and maintain the GOOD, create nothing but good and do it FAST. Bout it......

Later !!

Well Steve I think there is a lot of people that are behind you and now that you are all in we have no excuse but to help you in any way we can. Just like voting at election time , if you don't vote you can't bitch. If you don't help ,don't bitch when what we love to do is taken away from us .
    As hunters we call ourselves conservationists ,well lets but our money, hardwork and our experience where our mouths are and solve this problem before we loose everything. Steve showed us what one person can do ,when he trapped wolves in the pemberton valley the first time almost 9 years ago. The following years deer numbers on the migration counters where way up. And they had highest number of mountain goat kids ever counted in the area. That was one man doing his part in protecting what he love to do, imagine if the whole hunting community comes together what could be accomplished. And if there was ever a time or a reason this is it !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    OK you bunch of dingleberries, I'm all in. I have been in meetings for almost two weeks with key players, put on a bunch of km's, talked to literally dozens of people across a lot of the province.
    We are launching BC Ungulate Foundation. We are going to be a high speed problem solving group dedicated to conservation and 'growing ungulates' province wide. No more political BS, no more stagnant 'nothing happening', no more infighting, no more BS, no more 'maybe next year or the year after'.
    I have formed a group of very intelligent 'go getter' people made up of eager 'FN and non FN concerned outdoors people who want the same thing and are going to make it happen NOW. This is it. I have created a solid bridge to all concerned, have ZERO negative, zero 'anything' to infight about and we ARE going to make things better and swiftly - period. No more 'them and us', no more crap.
    This unfortunately as well means I am not going to go rip around the planet this winter having FUN !! lol, DAMMIT !!! lol.

Will have the full menu delivered to all soon, have some very motivated people involved and FINALLY a solid group made up of dedicated people from ALL groups concerned who are HAPPY, eager and agree 100% across the board. We are going to fix the BS once and for all and maintain the GOOD, create nothing but good and do it FAST. Bout it......

Later !!
    I like the sound of that. Thanks for your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post

Later !!
    Looking forward to it.....