Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    While I wish I didn’t need to ask for funding and could just trap for fun, that just isn’t a reality at the present.
    As a licensed trapper, can you sell the hides or skulls to members on this site? I'd like to buy a skull, if it's legal. Might be a way of raising funds. I bet many members would like to buy a skull if they knew the proceeds were going towards getting more skulls

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    325 Alerted me to this thread. I’ve read it over and agree with most of what has been said here, so I guess I’ll put my two bits worth on here too.

I trap in region 7-49 and 7-50 Killed over 40 wolves the last two years (most of those in 7-50) It has made a massive difference in the wolf sign Dad and I see over the summer when packing (Steamboat Mountain Outfitters)

I almost couldn’t trap this year, but the GO (same GO helped me get started with both $$ and teaching) said he would pitch in and that helped.

While I wish I didn’t need to ask for funding and could just trap for fun, that just isn’t a reality at the present.
    Before this post came up I had determined I probably couldn’t continue to trap wolves all at my own expense again next year and was trying to figure who and how to ask for support.
    For me the timing of this movement is perfect if people really do want this done (wolves killed).

EMT coming your way today Tanner!
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

I have never hunted region 7 but I would like to help Tanner. I would actually like to help more than one trapper. So, i'll do what I can.

325, please PM me his email address.

Steve well done, I feel this thread has brought together more hunters on this site then any thread before. People are actually doing something ,they have all found a cause to be passionate about. The support coming my way is unreal i. I have received EMTs, cash, gas cards, Timmys cards and even an invitation for dinner at an older fellow‘s house next time I am in Kamloops. Steve I believe people are attracted to your no bullshit reasoning on why we have this problem. It is exactly what we needed for a long time. Just a little note to those who have supported my will drop in here is what I am doing with what I received. We have obtained permission to trap wolves in region eight and in region five. I have secured another supply I’ve up to 400 pounds of bsit per week . And Cybertoad and myself will hopefully be completing another 200 snares tonight. And oh yeah I gave $20 to my 13year-old son for helping heal bait to all the bait stations. After that he told his friends he was a professional Wolf trappper because he gets paid for what he does

I think this thread has shown us what the majority of us hunters believe to be a big reason for ungulate # declines.
    It also shows that most of us believe the government/ministry wont take steps to reduce wolves.
    It's not about folks/hunters and wanting to go and just kill for the sake of killing.
    It's about trying to make a difference at a time right now where things are looking bleak, and the people who are supposed to be taking care of BC's wildlife have done little to nothing.
    It has been a very positive thread.

^^ absolutely agree.

Money going directly to the source with no admin costs or middle man.

Love it.

Well said bugle

Trapman, EMT sent to you.

I am 100% on the predator band wagon . And I've put my money where my mouth is with two trappers and will continue as I can. It's an awesome initiative, doesn't seem to matter where i hunt the topic of wolves comes up. Hopefully there is a trapper for 332

So has there ever been bounties placed on them? If they are NBL why not place a bounty of 100 each or something?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...