Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Well I want to say thank you to everyone that has sent EMT's, checks and gas ,specially Horse280 your contribution was over the top. All this support has really inspired Cole and myself, We started 50 new snares last night and got invited to do some trapping in region 8. Its going to be a hard, long, fun trapping season

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
    Well I want to say thank you to everyone that has sent EMT's, checks and gas ,specially Horse280 your contribution was over the top. All this support has really inspired Cole and myself, We started 50 new snares last night and got invited to do some trapping in region 8. Its going to be a hard, long, fun trapping season
    That is awesome what a turn around wow wow!
    Any news on trappers on the Island ? Let's get the ball rolling here I have some $$ burning a hole in my pocket

I'm still confused here .... do we have a list of trappers and the areas they trap or are people funding trapman directly?

Not to sound like a cheapass but I would prefer to fund a Trapper that traps in the areas that I hunt. Is that a selfish way to think? :/

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I'm still confused here .... do we have a list of trappers and the areas they trap or are people funding trapman directly?

Not to sound like a cheapass but I would prefer to fund a Trapper that traps in the areas that I hunt. Is that a selfish way to think? :/
    Not at all that’s the sensible thing to do, that’s what I’m going to do !
    its your money you do as you see fit.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    That is awesome what a turn around wow wow!
    Any news on trappers on the Island ? Let's get the ball rolling here I have some $$ burning a hole in my pocket
    Years back port alb. my work buddy had a trap line up to port alb. mountains,,,he was trapping mainly martens..i have no idea is he still able to do it.

A little food for thought fellas, the wolves around the horsefly area seem to be on a roughly 10 to 16 day cycle of (their) own killing routes: so here's jerry ( the a-hole) who decides he is going to go for a sunday drive with the missus and go do some pred control. After driving around (His) road hunting route every day off that he has for the whole season all he has seen are a lot of stale wolf sign and is confused as to how it is there can be soooo much wolf sign be no interception of said stinky mongrels! The guys with the bait get er dun even if you cant donate money alert your local wolf trapper of highway kills ' get your buddy who works for highways to drop carcasses with you to give to your trapper, and yes by all means shoot what you see hopefully it ain't your neighbors dog! Hopefully pro-guide's grassroots effort will result In a pile of doggies for you all to hi-5 over at the end of this season. So although Jerry had a lot of fun sunday driving with the missus over the season he managed to burn 400.00 worth of fuel in his pickup,get two flat tires,get stuck real bad twice-much to the Ire of missus Jerry and so-on oh yeah and shoot one mangey coyote on the run at 125yds with his seven mag in the ass I might add---ooh the memories! Horsee
    PIGS IS PIGS;BUT HOG'S IS HOGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Not at all that’s the sensible thing to do, that’s what I’m going to do !
    its your money you do as you see fit.
    So let's have a list compiled. How can we get trappers to speak up and tell us which MU they trap and provide info

I was also looking for a list but having heard from others on this thread, a public list would make trappers easy targets. Perhaps the admins or experienced members can point a registered (active) member in the right direction via PMs?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    So let's have a list compiled. How can we get trappers to speak up and tell us which MU they trap and provide info
    Trappers wont want a list as antis are a big issue

want to find the trapper contact BCTA

sounds like pro guide might be working on ways to reach trappers as well

post the area you have in mind and someone on the forum might know the trapper as well

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Keep digging, DO NOT POST A TRAPPERS CONTACT LIST HERE ! THEY WILL NOT LIKE THAT IM SURE.

through contacts of friends, BCTA, others on here. YOU CAN DO IT !

Either EMT, Gas card, check in the mail ....... Etc etc every bit helps these guys.

Just keep digging as I have ....... And if you can't find the trapper your specifically looking for ..... HELP ANOTHER !

HATS OFF to our two local HBC hero's that we can see here. PG66 and Trapman, way to go guys ! Wish I could join you on your line.

And those Helping to get a balance in Wildlife ....... Sounds like a number are Stepping Up. Good on yaz!

CT
    thumbs up to those contributors.