Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Paraphrase. It's hard to bullshit a bullshiter
    You know one?

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    You are proof that mothers of some eat their young................

#1 They weren't my calves.

#2 They belonged to a mentor of mine.

#3 The snares were left behind by a trapper who was also a known drunk.

#4 The trapper lost his licence for a period of time, I honestly don't recall how many seasons. I'm not about to name names in this concern.

#5 The rancher was not reimbursed for the loss of 3 calves.

#6 I forgot one of my own snares and hung one of my own cows.

#7. All me reasons that I don't support snares of any kind but foot snares.

#8 I never took or had any pictures in my possession. This all happened over 20 years ago. It has likely happened more times than we know.

#9 It isn't challenging to match wits with an unarmed opponent.

What do you do for a living other than take cheap shots at members here?
    Just as I thought, unfounded folklore.
    We're just supposed to take your word for it yet you demand pictures from Steve to prove he's actually killing wolves?

Oh the irony.

I don't want you knowing how I make my living, after seeing the veiled threats you made to Clarke its gin clear that you aren't one to trust.

Hungry mouths a chewing....chewing chewing chewing. Kill those Fing wolves. Go PG66 Go. Get her done.

Some times I just feel sorry for some people. We have one more week , we will be pulling our equipment next Saturday and letting everyone know what your donations did for the ungulates. Next year will be a lot better ,its hard to start half way through a season and get the job done properly when you have previous obligations. But we gave it our best in the time and areas we had and removed 45 to date and still another week. thanks everyone who donated , got behind us and cared in what we were doing all of you made a difference in the upcoming years of hunting ungulates in our province

Good on you guys, I could care less, what part of my donation this year, went where.
    Whether it went to traps, snares, restaurant food after a long day, hell hopefully it went to some beer, and a trip to the dispensary for some back pain "medicine ".
    Thanks again for stepping up Gents.

This is quite the thread!
    Steve & Glen, I’d like to applaud you for trying to get something done.
    That said, i do not think I would base any form of wolf management plan off the information that can be pulled up from sites such as Alaska’s “Wolfsong”.
    There is better stuff out there.
    Steve, I hope your BC medical is up to date, the way you keep telling it that you’re going to fill the parking lot with SOB’s that you’re going to kick in the nuts it’s gonna come in handy.
    On a closing note, if anyone on here thinks Dave Brace is any form of a wolf hugging anti they are full of shit right up to their eyeballs.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4life223 View Post
    On a closing note, if anyone on here thinks Dave Brace is any form of a wolf hugging anti they are full of shit right up to their eyeballs.
    I see you know Dave too ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Get the cows in the barn and milk’em.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=301866

Wolf takes dog on Vancouver Island
    Last edited by Lionhill; 03-24-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhill View Post
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=301866

Wolf takes dog on Vancouver Island
    linky no worky, was this recent.

Hunter4life223 and Panhead I think we all know Gcreek is not a wolf hugging anti, his letter that was submitted awhile back was great ,maybe its in the way his thoughts are delivered. I do not personally know Gcreek but spending my younger years growing up in the Chilcotins ,I can see him being a very hard working rancher getting on in his years and being a little stuck in his ways like a lot of use are. When people are attacked, I know thats a harsh word but calling some one a lair ,scammer or a fake takes things to another level which we should not be going and we have all done it sometime in our life .Gcreek you always bring up the money and you cant believe its not about the money. Well I am hear to tell you its not ,point in case. There are 2 main groups that target wolf Trappers with private lines and LPP trappers. I have chosen to trap wolves for myself not for the cattleman's association, my reasons are as follows
    1- I can trap anywhere in the province where wolves are having a effect on unguents (permission must be given by trapline owner )
    2- we do not have all the red tape involved in trapping wolves as the LPP program does
    3- I can try to help mitigate a wolf problem before it becomes a problem
    4- I miss the old days of great hunting in our great province
    That's why I trap wolves for myself
    I could be wrong and I am sure someone will tell me if I am the LPP trappers can not do this
    1- A LPP trapper is a business person , there is a problem they have the skill to solve the problem and the get paid for what they do
    2- there must be a proven incident between livestock and wolves before the can start trapping

Is there a place for both of us ,hell ya we are both trying to solve the same problem , LPP TRAPPERS PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY the way we are doing it more for growing ungulate so we have more opportunity to hunt and show our kids what hunting is all about . For you it is a buisness to earn money and believe me at 750 per wolf you are not getting rich , I know how much work goes into each wolf my hat is off to you .

In closing I would like to thank everyone for their words of encouragement ,pat's on the back and what was donated to me. This season I received $1250.00 , $200 in gas cards and $50 in timmys cards. and here is were it was spent.
    - $200 to my son , 11 trips to the trap line hauling bait (told everyone in his grad 8 class he was a professional wolf trapper because he was paid)
    - $668.31 for snaring supplies
    - $200 for fuel ( I threw in the other $1800 or so )
    - $200 to lease a trapline for the purpose of trapping wolves
    - timmy cards while they didn't last long

So we still have $181.69 in the bank for the start of next year
    11 wolves divided by $1068.31= $97.11 per wolf
    Sure hope you think you got your moneys worth