Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

This is great and was what I was hoping you would say next. I will donate a least $100 to START when I recoginize an area I hunt and you can give your honest approval of the trapper in that area and know he is or will be actively trapping wolves.... pics etc. would be great to see or if you know the trapper personally, I can take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    OK, I am working on a smooth method with a few guys I know who are VERY efficient and 100% solid. As I figure out WHO and 'where' we will let the area of interest be known here. if YOU hunt there, throw down !!! These guys are VERY happy with this news. Happy, eager, GOOD problem solvers is what we need moving.
    All I requested from them is good solid numbers with a photo of wolves with the date in the photo ( even just 2018 in it) for the season end. Piece of paper, scribe it in the snow, whatever. We can post result pics here OR email them with final tally at season end to donors when they come in. We can possibly throw donor names in a hat and draw some prime dried and salted hides to give back.
    Anyone has any input ( GOOD constructive input) drop it here.
    As far as I am concerned, posting pics here shouldn't be a concern. It is a hunting forum, we have plastered dozens of wolf pics on here in the past. I as well have lots of videos on youtube, it hasn't stopped the activity. I don't care either way, just as long as we ALL do our part in what SHOULD BE the #1 priority when it comes to our game in B.C.
    Why enhance 'anything' for ungulates if they are already gobbled up ? Lets get the numbers back where they should be and stay on top of it this time !!!

I think I was pretty clear that I wasn't going to repeat myself. See you in 2 months. Gatehouse
    Last edited by Gateholio; 01-08-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Gcreek earlier you mentioned you Know 3 ranchers that had calves hung up on forgotten snares , and no I am not calling you a lier . But that rancher can easily find out who the trapper is and be compensated for any looses. It is the responsibility of the trapper to pull all of their snares and if not can be charged of the offence. If this has happened over a 3 year period, they should be reported, they are giving all trappers a bad name

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    This is great and was what I was hoping you would say next. I will donate a least $100 to START when I recoginize an area I hunt and you can give your honest approval of the trapper in that area and know he is or will be actively trapping wolves.... pics etc. would be great to see or if you know the trapper personally, I can take your word for it.
    X2 would give what I can and get all my hunting friends todo the same, this island needs a wolf flush..... I don't think we should advertise this though, out of site out of mind, which = less resistance from antis. They would not miss or even know there are less wolves
    Thanks PG

Yes I would donate to Island trapping as well as mainland !

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    X2 would give what I can and get all my hunting friends todo the same, this island needs a wolf flush..... I don't think we should advertise this though, out of site out of mind, which = less resistance from antis. They would not miss or even know there are less wolves
    Thanks PG

There you go guys, find the Island trappers and send them a few bucks!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Ok, interest picking up - PERFECT.
    if I can, and someone wants to organize it, I WILL do a 2 or 3 hr knowledge share where it counts. If you island guys have some people in mind who aren't overly successful on wolves and would like to add what I have to their tool box, line it up !(or anyone else)
    Last edited by proguide66; 01-08-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    I haven't voiced any direct thoughts on any associations let it be known.
    
    Yes agreed. I do understand and agree your thoughts from general bad personal experiences with overall associations. Enough said, that is not what this thread is about
    Good on your for standing up to any negative hunting comments, anti wolf comments to grizzly bear, you don't take shit and dish it out well!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Can anyone tell me or recall Which HBC member/trapper was working out by the Mounds Ranch, Clinton to Cache Creek area
    He had posted pictures of Wolves he had trapped the last few years but his name escapes me ??

Thanks
    WF
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Found him

bc traper is his handle
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America