Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

OK, I am working on a smooth method with a few guys I know who are VERY efficient and 100% solid. As I figure out WHO and 'where' we will let the area of interest be known here. if YOU hunt there, throw down !!! These guys are VERY happy with this news. Happy, eager, GOOD problem solvers is what we need moving.
    All I requested from them is good solid numbers with a photo of wolves with the date in the photo ( even just 2018 in it) for the season end. Piece of paper, scribe it in the snow, whatever. We can post result pics here OR email them with final tally at season end to donors when they come in. We can possibly throw donor names in a hat and draw some prime dried and salted hides to give back.
    Anyone has any input ( GOOD constructive input) drop it here.
    As far as I am concerned, posting pics here shouldn't be a concern. It is a hunting forum, we have plastered dozens of wolf pics on here in the past. I as well have lots of videos on youtube, it hasn't stopped the activity. I don't care either way, just as long as we ALL do our part in what SHOULD BE the #1 priority when it comes to our game in B.C.
    Why enhance 'anything' for ungulates if they are already gobbled up ? Lets get the numbers back where they should be and stay on top of it this time !!!

Sounds good , hope you got some northern guys
    Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    OK, I am working on a smooth method with a few guys I know who are VERY efficient and 100% solid. As I figure out WHO and 'where' we will let the area of interest be known here. if YOU hunt there, throw down !!! These guys are VERY happy with this news. Happy, eager, GOOD problem solvers is what we need moving.
    All I requested from them is good solid numbers with a photo of wolves with the date in the photo ( even just 2018 in it) for the season end. Piece of paper, scribe it in the snow, whatever. We can post result pics here OR email them with final tally at season end to donors when they come in. We can possibly throw donor names in a hat and draw some prime dried and salted hides to give back.
    As far as I am concerned, posting pics here shouldn't be a concern. It is a hunting forum, we have plastered dozens of wolf pics on here in the past. I as well have lots of videos on youtube, it hasn't stopped the activity. I don't care either way, just as long as we ALL do our part in what SHOULD BE the #1 priority when it comes to our game in B.C.
    Why enhance 'anything' for ungulates if they are already gobbled up ? Lets get the numbers back where they should be and stay on top of it this time !!!
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Your a good man !
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Great work Proguide! I think people don't realize just how much work alone is going to find locations to trap. One of the problems is finding areas where that can happen as majority of traplines in the area are not active. Tonnes of leg work going on behind the scenes for this alone.

I will disagree with your thoughts on the associations. Yes they can be effective, but it also relates to those volunteering and they work each of those individuals put forward. Keeping low key on purpose, there is significant funding that goes each year to those who successfully trap wolves in the BCTA. Unfortunately not every wolf can be funded. Do totally agree more can be done to support the region you are focussing on! Proof is in the numbers since the program was started.

Trapman is a prime example. He is active in the local, hosted the advanced wolf training in the area last year! Trapman is a good trapper but never set for wolves. Great that he stepped up and made a real difference this year!

The trappers are out there working. Not hard for anyone to find and connect with them! Those whoa re trapping and produce results will be glad to have the support!

Doing my part, weeks of baiting so far! Fight to get out there in snow, order another $500 in snare parts, more bait, more check, more bait, more snow....make snares..one of these checks the pay back will come!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertoad View Post
    The trappers are out there working. Not hard for anyone to find and connect with them! Those whoa re trapping and produce results will be glad to have the support!

Doing my part, weeks of baiting so far! Fight to get out there in snow, order another $500 in snare parts, more bait, more check, more bait, more snow....make snares..one of these checks the pay back will come!
    A little self promotion by trappers could be a good thing, get out talking to hunters in your area, spread the word that if they will help fund wolf control, you will make it happen. Hunters know other hunters who know other hunters...word can spread fast. Good luck on your trapping!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertoad View Post
    Great work Proguide! I think people don't realize just how much work alone is going to find locations to trap. One of the problems is finding areas where that can happen as majority of traplines in the area are not active. Tonnes of leg work going on behind the scenes for this alone.

I will disagree with your thoughts on the associations. Yes they can be effective, but it also relates to those volunteering and they work each of those individuals put forward. Keeping low key on purpose, there is significant funding that goes each year to those who successfully trap wolves in the BCTA. Unfortunately not every wolf can be funded. Do totally agree more can be done to support the region you are focussing on! Proof is in the numbers since the program was started.

Trapman is a prime example. He is active in the local, hosted the advanced wolf training in the area last year! Trapman is a good trapper but never set for wolves. Great that he stepped up and made a real difference this year!

I haven't voiced any direct thoughts on any associations let it be known.
    Have I had some negative interactions with a few different individuals who happened to be 'board members' of a 'few' different groups in the past? HELL YES. Those negative interactions were 100% ego fuelled and nothing less from ( only a few) but enough to completely block some VERY generous offers on my part which would have done some VERY serious good for B.C.'s wild life and outdoors people as a whole. Hell, ONE of the 'board members' even went ANTI TRAPPING and intentionally turned his trap line over to the ministry so there could be 'NO MORE TRAPPING EVER' again in those wolf infested hills - A BOARD MEMBER !!
    Of course clubs and associations do good, but sometimes not enough where it really counts. Too many people are caught up in politics or worried 'how it looks' to others when bringing up predation issues ( I have heard it first hand), bow look where we are.
    One thing I DO know is not only myself but a good handful of other wolf assassins are receiving ZERO assistance from anyone and ZERO attention from anyone for what they are doing. A little disvheartening but whatever, it is what it is.
    Whatever 'is' going on behind the scenes obviously isn't enough. We have high predation 'everywhere', low ungulate numbers in numerous areas and as a result, even MORE negative changes to hunters is being proposed. At a time when we need new hunter recruitment BADLY, more needs to be done. We can't win the fight the way shit is going down presently.
    This is where pricks like me come in. I don't care what anyone thinks, seen enough when it comes time for common sense choices and have had to deal with control freaks and ego maniacs at various clubs who's main ambition looked more to be able to 'say' they are 'on a board' just for the title while not really giving an eff bout much else. ( and we ALL KNOW that is very real).
    What I am sharing here is the FACT that one person can make a difference if they choose to, with out needing approval or permission or having to stroke some door knobs ego.
    Its TIME to get this very serious issue dealt with from all parties- period.
    I can get shit happening DIRECTLY from one end of the province to the other before any board anywhere even sits down to bring it up, that's what I have done and that's what's going down.
    Someone has to start the shit storm, rest will fall in. I'm starting the shit storm, it HAS TO BE DONE.Getting EVERY BC hunter on board directly is what we need!
    😉😀

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Proguide...

Is there any way that a semi skilled hubter can go to an area and kill wolves with a rifle? Or is trapping the ONLY to succeed?

I am not a trapper but love hunting..any tips or woukd i just be screwing things up for a trapper?
    Can be done with a rifle but not as successful as trapping...

Heres a couple pics 3km away, 3hrs later success, with my hunting partner big boar(RIP)

when you have a list PG66, pm me and i will donate..

Shazzam! A disappearing post. LOl

I haven't voiced any direct thoughts on any associations let it be known.
    Have I had some negative interactions with a few different individuals who happened to be 'board members' of a 'few' different groups in the past? HELL YES. Those negative interactions were 100% ego fuelled and nothing less from ( only a few) but enough to completely block some VERY generous offers on my part which would have done some VERY serious good for B.C.'s wild life and outdoors people as a whole. Hell, ONE of the 'board members' even went ANTI TRAPPING and intentionally turned his trap line over to the ministry so there could be 'NO MORE TRAPPING EVER' again in those wolf infested hills - A BOARD MEMBER !!
    Of course clubs and associations do good, but sometimes not enough where it really counts. Too many people are caught up in politics or worried 'how it looks' to others when bringing up predation issues ( I have heard it first hand), bow look where we are.
    One thing I DO know is not only myself but a good handful of other wolf assassins are receiving ZERO assistance from anyone and ZERO attention from anyone for what they are doing. A little disvheartening but whatever, it is what it is.
    Whatever 'is' going on behind the scenes obviously isn't enough. We have high predation 'everywhere', low ungulate numbers in numerous areas and as a result, even MORE negative changes to hunters is being proposed. At a time when we need new hunter recruitment BADLY, more needs to be done. We can't win the fight the way shit is going down presently.
    This is where pricks like me come in. I don't care what anyone thinks, seen enough when it comes time for common sense choices and have had to deal with control freaks and ego maniacs at various clubs who's main ambition looked more to be able to 'say' they are 'on a board' just for the title while not really giving an eff bout much else. ( and we ALL KNOW that is very real).
    What I am sharing here is the FACT that one person can make a difference if they choose to, with out needing approval or permission or having to stroke some door knobs ego.
    Its TIME to get this very serious issue dealt with from all parties- period.
    I can get shit happening DIRECTLY from one end of the province to the other before any board anywhere even sits down to bring it up, that's what I have done and that's what's going down.
    Someone has to start the shit storm, rest will fall in. I'm starting the shit storm, it HAS TO BE DONE.Getting EVERY BC hunter on board directly is what we need!
    
    Great post
    money will be coming once you've got it ready to go.
    thanks for putting in your time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Shazzam! A disappearing post. LOl
    Yes, we are not going to bring up names or get sidetracked on this thread.

Bring positive input or don't post. And I'm not going to repeat myself.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!