Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
    Hi Guys Just got back from the line and wanted to tell you how the day went, and how much work it takes to trap wolves. Day started actually yesterday picking up 600+ pounds of bait getting sleds and all the gear ready for trip to the line. We left a 5 am from the lower mainland, stopped in Hope for fuel and quick snack ($195). We were on the line ,unloaded and ready to go by 8 am. First bait pile is a short 23 KM ride by snow mobile (real bad snow 3' of soft stuff). Because for the amount of new snow ,all 38 snares had to be reset (close to 3 1/2 hours)also added 12 more (1 !/2 hours)on some to the new trailed coming into the bait. While I was doing this, Cole my 12 year old son made 3 trips back to the truck for more bait and refuel ($27)for a total of 92 KM . Next Bait pile only another 12 KM down the trail, reset 27 snares and add 9 new (4 hours) . Cole made one extra trip for bait ( 70 KM round trip ). We were Back at the truck at 7.15 and home at 10.20 . Did I mention that there was 3' of new snow , all your movement take 3 or 4 times as much energy when the snow is deeper than your waist. Resetting all the snares and dragging 600+ pounds of bait to the bait site would = a 3 KM hike through snow that is somewhere between you waist and chest, Thought I was having a hart attack a couple times. And I still have a few hours tomorrow cleaning up the equipment. So I hope this shows you just how much work goes into trapping wolves. And in a few days we will hit the other bait piles
    So what about the lynx and martin you not trapping them any more just targeting wolves now.

Proguide...

Is there any way that a semi skilled hubter can go to an area and kill wolves with a rifle? Or is trapping the ONLY to succeed?

I am not a trapper but love hunting..any tips or woukd i just be screwing things up for a trapper?
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Please no list , I don’t think any trapper wants their contact info on a list that any antis can get their hands

Trapman thanks for your work! Question; many wolves snared up spussum? Just curious if they’re coming past the Nahatlatch. Last I knew they were in log crk
    Tell it how it is!!!

LBM ,I do still have a few boxes out for cats placed along the way to the bait piles.

T-Bone, I am on the east and north side of the lines right now. Will be looking into setting up some bait piles on the west side shortly. But this will depend on how much time I have. I will be heading up to a ranch in the Christian Valley to help out the wolf problem their ,sounds like there is a bunch

When you come through 8-9 I will throw in some wine, 1/2 case as payment.

Firstly great work on getting this project off the ground gang. One concern I have is some individual taking advantage of the situation and simply taking cash. Before you all get angry, think about it. Donating blindly to a cause whose success we don't want to be openly advertising. There will be someone that eventually does this, guaranteed. I would be willing to help out a bit here and there, but I want some sort of confirmation that the money is being put to work and more importantly it's being effective. I would like some sort of accountability. How we do that is up to us.........
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Firstly great work on getting this project off the ground gang. One concern I have is some individual taking advantage of the situation and simply taking cash. Before you all get angry, think about it. Donating blindly to a cause whose success we don't want to be openly advertising. There will be someone that eventually does this, guaranteed. I would be willing to help out a bit here and there, but I want some sort of confirmation that the money is being put to work and more importantly it's being effective. I would like some sort of accountability. How we do that is up to us.........
    This is easier to avoid than most realize. Known skilled wolf trappers are tough to impersonate.
    We all know 'who is who' out there when it comes down to it. I'm doing a lot behind the scenes well beyond this forum. I'll have a great menu available soon.
    Last edited by proguide66; 01-08-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    This is easier to avoid than most realize. Known skilled wolf trappers are tough to impersonate.
    We all know 'who is who' out there when it comes down to it. I'm doing a lot behind the scenes well. Whine this forum. I'll have a great menu available soon.
    I look forward to it.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Learning lots from your you tube channel.
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!