Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
    Hi Guys Just got back from the line and wanted to tell you how the day went, and how much work it takes to trap wolves. Day started actually yesterday picking up 600+ pounds of bait getting sleds and all the gear ready for trip to the line. We left a 5 am from the lower mainland, stopped in Hope for fuel and quick snack ($195). We were on the line ,unloaded and ready to go by 8 am. First bait pile is a short 23 KM ride by snow mobile (real bad snow 3' of soft stuff). Because for the amount of new snow ,all 38 snares had to be reset (close to 3 1/2 hours)also added 12 more (1 !/2 hours)on some to the new trailed coming into the bait. While I was doing this, Cole my 12 year old son made 3 trips back to the truck for more bait and refuel ($27)for a total of 92 KM . Next Bait pile only another 12 KM down the trail, reset 27 snares and add 9 new (4 hours) . Cole made one extra trip for bait ( 70 KM round trip ). We were Back at the truck at 7.15 and home at 10.20 . Did I mention that there was 3' of new snow , all your movement take 3 or 4 times as much energy when the snow is deeper than your waist. Resetting all the snares and dragging 600+ pounds of bait to the bait site would = a 3 KM hike through snow that is somewhere between you waist and chest, Thought I was having a hart attack a couple times. And I still have a few hours tomorrow cleaning up the equipment. So I hope this shows you just how much work goes into trapping wolves. And in a few days we will hit the other bait piles
    What general area you trapping?

Guys that hunt in this area should jump in with some dollars to make a difference....

This is how it's done guys, grassroots, not waiting for government or someone else to fix the problem. Heck the scariest words ever said are 'We are from the government, and we are here to help!"
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Hi Guys Just got back from the line and wanted to tell you how the day went, and how much work it takes to trap wolves. Day started actually yesterday picking up 600+ pounds of bait getting sleds and all the gear ready for trip to the line. We left a 5 am from the lower mainland, stopped in Hope for fuel and quick snack ($195). We were on the line ,unloaded and ready to go by 8 am. First bait pile is a short 23 KM ride by snow mobile (real bad snow 3' of soft stuff). Because for the amount of new snow ,all 38 snares had to be reset (close to 3 1/2 hours)also added 12 more (1 !/2 hours)on some to the new trailed coming into the bait. While I was doing this, Cole my 12 year old son made 3 trips back to the truck for more bait and refuel ($27)for a total of 92 KM . Next Bait pile only another 12 KM down the trail, reset 27 snares and add 9 new (4 hours) . Cole made one extra trip for bait ( 70 KM round trip ). We were Back at the truck at 7.15 and home at 10.20 . Did I mention that there was 3' of new snow , all your movement take 3 or 4 times as much energy when the snow is deeper than your waist. Resetting all the snares and dragging 600+ pounds of bait to the bait site would = a 3 KM hike through snow that is somewhere between you waist and chest, Thought I was having a hart attack a couple times. And I still have a few hours tomorrow cleaning up the equipment. So I hope this shows you just how much work goes into trapping wolves. And in a few days we will hit the other bait piles
    Awesome weekend!

And thanks for your efforts .

Just wondering, how does one go about obtaining 600lbs of bait?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Awesome weekend!

And thanks for your efforts .

Just wondering, how does one go about obtaining 600lbs of bait?
    A farmer has a cow die
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Well I just opened my email and I was blown away, Want to say a BIG THANK you to Browmancheng for the money you sent me. It feel great when you know someone is getting it and offers some help.

Gatehouse I have 2 lines ,Spuzzum to Lytton than across to just west of Merritt down to the old toll booths on the coquihalla

Hi Steve hope you don't think I am hijacking your thread , just want to get YOUR message out there.

Ohwildwon anywhere I can Get it , this year it has been great- Road kill from the CO's, dairy farmers ,ranchers and a couple of butcher seem to keep my 6
    chest freezers full

Well I just opened my email and I was blown away, Want to say a BIG THANK you to Browmancheng for the money you sent me. It feel great when you know someone is getting it and offers some help.

Gatehouse I have 2 lines ,Spuzzum to Lytton than across to just west of Merritt down to the old toll booths on the coquihalla

Hi Steve hope you don't think I am hijacking your thread , just want to get YOUR message out there.

Ohwildwon anywhere I can Get it , this year it has been great- Road kill from the CO's, dairy farmers ,ranchers and a couple of butcher seem to keep my 6
    chest freezers full
    Boom!

There it is...A grassroots movement!

How many HBC'rs hunt in the area of Spuzzum to Lytton than across to just west of Merritt down to the old toll booths on the coquihalla

My guess is PLENTY of you! Here is your chance to help. $10, $25, $100? It all helps....

I don't speak for PG66 but as I know him quite well, I think he is going to be quite stoked that you are out doing something and someone has contributed to your efforts. It's all about funding your local trapper and/or the trapper where you like to hunt. If you live in the LML and hunt in Region 5, find those guys and fund them.

Wouldn't it be great to drive a day to your regular hunting camp spot and find deer and moose rather than wolf shit?

Predator control SAVES you money

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    not to hijack off wolves but could the same principle be applied to houndsman as far as cats are concerned? I'm not sure on the legalities of it and I understand the bag limit part of it but our muley area this year was littered with cougar track and besides loving to be apart of a hound hunt I think a few cats in that area would be advantageous for deer recruitment.
    Hear this so often about both wolves and cats , theres tonnes of tracks or the area was littered with them. A area can be littered with tracks and be from one cat.
    I don't call my self a houndsman but do look for cats. Easily spend $5000 to $7000 a year if things go right. Throw in a skidoo or truck issue, vet bill things add up
    in a hurry. Then lose of wages so can do this, the total amount just gets stupid. But I choose to do this not trying to make a business out of I, but gives a bit of
    an idea of costs of what goes into things.

That's the thing I just don't have the 5 to 7k a year to spend on it. But if you can buya guy a tank of gas so he can get out there on a sunday or pitch in for a ferry etc. I'm well aware of what kind of track a single animal can make believe me. But when you know you know. There was a lot of cats this year. Lots of wolves a usual. And not nearly as much deer.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    pm me your email I will send also send you a 100 emt to help fund your wolf trapping...if you want to shoot me a pic or two that would be a bonus..

I suggested this on another thread (that hbc is an organization that can do what it can to finance pred control, hunting PR etc..)
    all.i got was crickets.

seems everyone just wants to sit around and bitch. put up or shut up! DO SOMETHING... TIME IS NOW!!!!

we also have another thread "would you be ok with a tax.. ." most people said can't trust government blah blah blah.. well HERE this is your chance! YOU deciding where the funds go!

Not set up for that sorry.

If you still care to donate you could mail a cheque to Dave Brace
    Box 3427
    Anahim Lake BC
    V0L 1C0

Send me your email and I can send you several photos.

Regards, Dave

Just some food for thought

- average age of wolf 8 years
    - average breeding age 3 years
    -average pups per year 5
    -average number off deer killed by a wolf per year 20
    -Average life of a breeding female wolf in her pack =5 years of breeding x 5 pups per year x 20 deer per year =500 DEER
    -This does not take into account when wolves come into breeding ages many set out on their own to set up pack in new territories, and we see this by how fast and far we are seeing wolves appearing in areas that normally never had wolves

chest freezers full
    This is AWESOME !! And take note, this is OUR thread !!

I can only imagine how good it feels and how much more motivation you have now to get this job DONE with fellow hunters backing you.
    THIS is what I was trying to get every one on here to do 10 frikkin years ago !!!

THIS IS HOW HUNTING GETS GREAT, this is the #1 route to awesome hunting, higher hunter numbers, higher new hunter recruitment !!
    Which as well = larger hunter numbers for fighting bogus govt decision !!!

OMG I hope every person reading this thread GETS IT !!!! THIS is what needs to be done FIRST. You cant have tags for, seasons for, manage or protect game that barely exists !!!!

I would expect Trapmans inbox to be a little more FULL soon !!

As far as you reg 2 guys go. When I know I can hit this full time and do, be warned when I see you in the grocery store or side walk, I'm going to ask you flat out if you have contributed to where YOU hunt and ask you WHY NOT and make a note of it ! ( yes, I am going to shame the shit out of you !lol ).

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU can fix our #1 problem NOW, as in right now !!.

NO MORE 'votes'
    NO MORE ' political correctness'
    NO MORE emotionally driven, insecure 'concerned' input
    NO MORE waiting for govt
    NO MORE gazing at a screen doing nothing
    NO MORE BULL SHIT.

This is how we should be doing everything!! I'll be submitting some VERY solid NE B.C. contacts shortly who would be VERY appreciative of some support and I know they would go at it twice as hard if there was some.

Lets go you guys, get this shit going !!