Page 9 of 72 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    First, I want to say that I am in support of most every effort to help whittle away at the wolf issue.

Having said that, I also feel the bandaid effort put forth by BCCA and BCTA to train every person who wanted plus the Girl Guides in BC to trap (a few) wolves has really resulted in a whole lot of trap shy or wise wolves.Can you back this statement up some how?? I have what many consider one of the best wolf trappers there is killing them for us and pack after pack has knowledge of traps from somewhere else.(did the wolves tell you this??) What was once a simple, straight forward protocol has become a costly experience when a wolf is caught and the whole pack disappears for two weeks and traps are frozen down next visit(who's fault was this?) Or the packs that scratch pans and they have to be set light enough that unwanted coyotes set them off.((this is a known fact of the game - set them better next time) Or catching wolves that have pulled out of an inferior trap( where was this inferior trap? who set it? which wolf told you about it?).

There is also the issue of forgotten snares (and there are lots of them) hanging non target animals like deer, cougar and cows.

So please, if this is to be any kind of funding, please make it to the top guys that are fully capable of removing the whole pack effectively and not just training more wolves to avoid sets.

Just another view from the bush, I am in support if done correctly.

"That actually starts by keeping quiet about it " Umm - "(and there are lots of them) hanging non target animals like deer, cougar and cows " WHY would you even DREAM about typing these words on a public forum if you WEREN'T AN ANTI TRAPPER ???

and flying legally under the radar. It's usually the crowing rooster that goes in the stewpot first.........

I dont think you realise it, but your post just did potentially MORE damage for trapping as whole than it did anything !

"that actually starts by keeping quiet about it" then go on to post about alleged " forgotten snares "LOTS OF THEM" hanging off deer cougar and cows" ??

SERIOUSLY ??????

I'm pretty certain there isn't one trapper on here NOT cringing at your post. What a pile of 'alleged' negative statements as well negative statements targeted at 'alleged other licensed trappers' with no names or solid proof or instances to backup your claims.

OK you guys, I would STRONGLY SUGGEST that ANY posts on here be constructive and HELP the cause as well HELP trapping as whole. Making a bit of a rant as the above post did directly fuels a shit load of anti trapping - period as well infighting, which we DO NOT NEED at all costs.

I would also suggest there be ZERO mention ( even in a comedic way) of 'poisons' here. First it is illegal, second it will NOT be happening and third, we DO NOT NEED a quote of 'poison' being taken off this site and used against us somewhere where it hurts.

We need 100% positive action and words, thats it !

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    My #1 motivation and suggestion I am dropping here is for everyone to DO SOMETHING. 'Anything' !!!! One of the reasons I have little time 'here' anymore is I mostly see the same people talking/arguing about the 'same things' and NOTHING changing or getting done - NOTHING.
    What I KNOW is, predators are killin it, period. "waiting' for the govt or 'anyone' to do something isn't going to do shit. Hitting a 'like' button is a good gesture but that doesn't do SHIT either. The power of social media gives each of YOU the direct power to do something and without having to wait for anyone's approval.
    If I wanted to make a difference and was at the mercy of some 'boards' approval, I'd be siting here for 5 years arguing with people and nothing would happen.
    SO, I suggest to ANYONE and everyone, IF you want to make a difference RIGHT NOW and where you hunt,( I'm taking winter 2018 NOT years from now), I would STRONGLY suggest YOU start talking to people, find out WHO can do it, go find them speak to them or someone who knows them and GET ON IT. Sitting here gazing at this screen isnt going to do SHIT. Meet with them, look into their history, make sure they WILL get the job done and throw down 'something'.

Here's a solid example of lack of contribution from hunters ( without motivating them).
    "Trapman" blatantly informed you all he drilled out over 100 hrs of time, who knows how much in equipment and fuel, and took care of 5 wolves. THAT alone helped out every person who actively hunts ungulates within a possible 80 or so mile radius of where he did this. NOW, how many of you are even curious of where he did this and thought about 'possibly' encouraging him to do more and make a BIG difference by throwing down a few $ for his time, effort and costs ?? HOW MANY ?

When I first started out 10 years ago, I did it to make a difference. I am not a fur trapper, I don't have time for it, my year is insanely booked up, all there is to it. I am a licensed problem solver when it comes to wolves - period. THAT is 100% the only reason I got licensed and got after it, to solve problems.
    I received lots of 'pats on the back' , thanks yous etc, and not a penny offered up. And know what? I never even hunted where I solved the problems. I took a shit load of flack, a piss load of attacks by local and out of town IDIOTS, death threats daily on social media ( ok, I kinda get a kick out of those actually but still...), but I still got it done, many benefited from it and it cost me THOUSANDS $$$$$.
    SO, here we are AGAIN. Predators across western Canada are going OFF. Everyone is seeing the results, tags and seasons are getting shortened and hunting is becoming less appealing to get into for new hunters. Its a 100% negative snowball effect on hunting as a whole.
    Can I make a difference where I am ?? YES. There are 3 or more people I can rally to make a difference ranging from Squamish TO Goldbridge. Now you take a look at that line, figure out where wolves can cross it and how far on either side. Now you can easily see if YOU hunt in any of those areas and what the hunting was like there OR how much predator sign you saw.
    SO, if you could as an example in Reg 2 and 3) would you donate to 3 or more people to make hunting BETTER for you???? NOW ?? Or would you rather sit back on a key board and read about people sweating their asses off, dropping THEIR $$ to make YOUR hunting better?? OR, flat out see nothing being done - at all.

I could be ripping around the planet for the winter again, it beats the F$%#k out of wolf trapping I'll guarantee that, and its actually cheaper to leave then stay here for the winter!!

SO, am I going to donate the next 3 months to solving a BIG problem for all you guys and fund it?? Sorry, NOPE, did that a bunch of years, it got old real fast.
    Watching fellow hunters do shit and show zero interest in remedying a serious problem really frustrates me to the core. Poor ungulate numbers means poor hunting which means less tags which also causes shorter or closed seasons which also ( VERY importantly) means new hunter recruitment gets killed. It also creates finger pointing and in fighting. Ultimately, its not 'just wolves' which this activity is about - GET IT YET ???

Do I care enough to donate 3 months of full time struggle and freezing my ass off to take care of a problem and make shit BETTER for all the above mentioned? OF COURSE, I'm leading the effing charge !!!

SO, bottom line is, WHO THE EFF CARES TOO ??????????

Here's your chance boys and girls, DO SOMETHING !!!! Cant do it yourself? get OFF your ass, find out WHO CAN and motivate them directly - period. Trapman is sitting right HERE right now as an example, E transfer him some $$ for gas and time and motivate him to stay on it, hes killing it !!! Ask him where ( roughly) he is making a difference !!

There's 3 or more guys in the NE who are frickin wolf assasins, CONTACT THEM, speak with them, find out what they need to get it done and make a difference. I know FIRST HAND they quit because no one is helping - period.
    It seriously blew me away 10 years ago how many of you just DON'T GET IT when it comes t predation, seriously frustrates the shit out of me. 'Burn this, burn that, make a fence here, there, on and on.......... you want to create higher ungulate numbers??? STOP THEM FROM GETTING GOBBLED UP FIRST, then help feed them and protect them with fences !!

Here's another example of how managing predation makes common sense. Few years back, money dropped to move some sheep to another area.......did ANYONE check first to see if there was a high probability they would be gobbled up from a high wolf population FIRST??? maybe cut the wolves in the drop area back a bit BEFORE that kind of money gets dropped, THEN transplant the animals !!!! YA THINK ????

Thinning out the predators should be EVERYONE'S #1 concern. Its very easy simple math and common sense.
    Can you kill em all? NO. Do we want to ? NO. " leave nature alone" - WE ARE A PART OF NATURE !!
    When predator numbers get high, predators kill each other when they can to keep the natural 'high and low' cycle moving. HUMANS are a part of nature and HUMANS as well kill predators when their numbers get high and THAT is natural, it is THE WAY IT WORKS.

Anyway, on that note, I'm jumping in my truck after hitting the 'post' button on here to go seek out wolf sign AGAIN, speak with more people AGAIN, see if-where and when I will make a difference, AGAIN.

If I decide to, I'm going to get it done and I am going to do it full time. And YOU GUYS are going to take part one way or another to help or screw it, I'm chasing the sun for 3 months.
    PS, I already killed a pack a month ago !

What have YOU done??

Suggestion, if you are sitting here reading shit....take another turn, email someone who can make a difference, find out where and spend your time online doing THAT instead of nothing.
    fair enough! well put.. I have just emt trapman 100 dollars to get started I challenge you all to contribute something to trapper of your choice!

I will be locating the trapper In my hunting area and donating to the cause. (know the trapline number but not individual)

pg66 let me know what u decide. no problem helping out!!

post here whomever does contribute t9 motivate the others!! let the floodgates open!!

Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    fair enough! well put.. I have just emt trapman 100 dollars to get started I challenge you all to contribute something to trapper of your choice!

I will be locating the trapper In my hunting area and donating to the cause. (know the trapline number but not individual)

pg66 let me know what u decide. no problem helping out!!

FU$%KING RIGHTS !!!! THATS WHAT IM TALKING BOUT !!!!!!

There isn't a rancher alive that doesn't take care of his herd !! OUR game animals are OUR HERD. They getting gobbled up too fast, WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT FAST !!!

Wasn't that simple and quick ?? NO letters, NO vote, NO waitting for SHIT ! BOOM - problem getting solves as we type. BEAUTIFUL !!!

NOW, get this ball rolling and EVERYONE tend to OUR HERD NOW !!!

I'm still trying to find out whos trapping chetwynd area?
    FU$%KING RIGHTS !!!! THATS WHAT IM TALKING BOUT !!!!!!

There isn't a rancher alive that doesn't take care of his herd !! OUR game animals are OUR HERD. They getting gobbled up too fast, WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT FAST !!!

Wasn't that simple and quick ?? NO letters, NO vote, NO waitting for SHIT ! BOOM - problem getting solves as we type. BEAUTIFUL !!!

NOW, get this ball rolling and EVERYONE tend to OUR HERD NOW !!!
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

I will submit some food for thought on behalf of the nervous bunch that don't want to donate to a general trapper who may or may not wear the label as a wolf trapper. Even if a trapper doesn't put up big wolf numbers every year they do a lot to boost wildlife and fish numbers which benefit hunters and fishermen. Lots of other predators trappers keep in check, so would it not be a wise investment to help them a little anyway and hopefully they smack a wolf or two along the way.

I dont think you realise it, but your post just did potentially MORE damage for trapping as whole than it did anything !

"that actually starts by keeping quiet about it" then go on to post about alleged " forgotten snares "LOTS OF THEM" hanging off deer cougar and cows" ??

SERIOUSLY ??????

I'm pretty certain there isn't one trapper on here NOT cringing at your post. What a pile of 'alleged' negative statements as well negative statements targeted at 'alleged other licensed trappers' with no names or solid proof or instances to backup your claims.

OK you guys, I would STRONGLY SUGGEST that ANY posts on here be constructive and HELP the cause as well HELP trapping as whole. Making a bit of a rant as the above post did directly fuels a shit load of anti trapping - period as well infighting, which we DO NOT NEED at all costs.

I would also suggest there be ZERO mention ( even in a comedic way) of 'poisons' here. First it is illegal, second it will NOT be happening and third, we DO NOT NEED a quote of 'poison' being taken off this site and used against us somewhere where it hurts.

We need 100% positive action and words, thats it !
    I know 3 ranchers personally that had calves hung in forgotten snares in the last 3 years. You want to call me a liar?

I know 3 ranchers personally that had calves hung in forgotten snares in the last 3 years. You want to call me a liar?
    let’s keep this positive boys and girls too much negativity all the time. Pg is lighting a fire under some buts here and that needs to be commended not pissed on!! You can talk about anything even Beer and someone will find a negative comment about it. So let’s keep our eye on the prize here please
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Maybe take it up with the owner of those 3 snares and possibly on another thread ! Slinging " lots on cougars deer and cows" sure as hell isnt doing anything for the cause is it?? Lashing out at people you don't even know WHO you are talking about ON THIS THREAD doesn't even make half a sense let alone any. " keeping it quite" were YOUR WORDS !!!!! WTF?????

Anyway, moving alone.........

I am certain that could be an additional thread and great idea. But to keep it straight forward and simple, I'd suggest we keep this focussed on the task at hand , 'skilled' persons who can hit it and make a difference with our ungulates across the province. This is needed badly and has a positive effect on EVERYTHING up the line right into seasons, tags, quality of hunting and recruiting new hunters.