Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Put in my $100

Proguide66@yahoo.com for EMT.
    Let’s keep the drive alive. Even a small donation of $5 will add up to large amounts if everyone pitches in. Come on guys, we need to make this happen. If you can only send a cheque, I’m sure Proguide or Gatehouse will point you in the right direction. Just PM them.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Has the gofundme money been refunded yet?
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Where have i been didn't even know we had a go fund me page.Sent money EMT and we need to really ask questions of gofundme that is really disturbing.Do we have a database of trappers who are involved in this to sent money to?
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

GFM can KMA don't like having to use a credit card anyways, so I just sent $50 to proguide66@yahoo.com directly.
    Was going to track down local guy but the antis made me do it this way
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

PG66 - will you get the funds donated through gofundme or will it be refunded to the donors?

This a long, long thread. Rather than read the whole thing at this point, perhaps someone could answer my question. What is happening on the Island? Is anyone actively trapping here and being supported by donations? I would like to donate, but is it possible to have my donation be directed to an Island trapper? Selfish, maybe, but, hey we do have a problem here and it sounds like a fair amount is being done on the mainland. If nothing happening here, I will send a donation to pg66.

In response to the go fund me scandal lol. I will be doubling my donation to the B.C. ungulate foundation.
    So effectively the antis just killed more wolves! Yay! Buncha idiots.
    Rule # 1 No talking about undies. yours or anyone elses.

I'm with the Hopper, i'm going to double down.

I don't think its a great idea to publish trappers names as i'm sure they don't all want the attention.......but what about a list of the MU's which are online to PG66's efforts. Donations could be pledged against your zone or in a general kitty for those producing results.

Not a bad initiative. Points to ponder to maybe garner more support.

- what is the overall plan and allocation of funds (i.e, accounting of equipment purchases, fuel, who money is going to, what MU’s are being targeted?
    - timeline of efforts
    - where is the coordination? (i.e., with trappers association. Which trapline owners allow free for all wolf trapping to trained people.)
    - real time results and proof

BC is a large landscape and we know what really is effective and wha is not. I often ponder about the geography and locality as contributing factors in trapping success. Such as where you are in mountainous valleys versus areas of plateau / foothills and ranging packs over many trapline territories. I wouldn’t know, but lots of questions!!

I would take a trappers course but can not afford to do so. Pretty sure many people would if they could.

Just some thoughts to throw weight into the initiative.
    Last edited by BCrams; 02-10-2018 at 02:39 PM.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir