Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
    Hunter4life223 and Panhead I think we all know Gcreek is not a wolf hugging anti, his letter that was submitted awhile back was great ,maybe its in the way his thoughts are delivered. I do not personally know Gcreek but spending my younger years growing up in the Chilcotins ,I can see him being a very hard working rancher getting on in his years and being a little stuck in his ways like a lot of use are. When people are attacked, I know thats a harsh word but calling some one a lair ,scammer or a fake takes things to another level which we should not be going and we have all done it sometime in our life .Gcreek you always bring up the money and you cant believe its not about the money. Well I am hear to tell you its not ,point in case. There are 2 main groups that target wolf Trappers with private lines and LPP trappers. I have chosen to trap wolves for myself not for the cattleman's association, my reasons are as follows
    1- I can trap anywhere in the province where wolves are having a effect on unguents (permission must be given by trapline owner )
    2- we do not have all the red tape involved in trapping wolves as the LPP program does
    3- I can try to help mitigate a wolf problem before it becomes a problem
    4- I miss the old days of great hunting in our great province
    That's why I trap wolves for myself
    I could be wrong and I am sure someone will tell me if I am the LPP trappers can not do this
    1- A LPP trapper is a business person , there is a problem they have the skill to solve the problem and the get paid for what they do
    2- there must be a proven incident between livestock and wolves before the can start trapping

Is there a place for both of us ,hell ya we are both trying to solve the same problem , LPP TRAPPERS PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY the way we are doing it more for growing ungulate so we have more opportunity to hunt and show our kids what hunting is all about . For you it is a buisness to earn money and believe me at 750 per wolf you are not getting rich , I know how much work goes into each wolf my hat is off to you .

In closing I would like to thank everyone for their words of encouragement ,pat's on the back and what was donated to me. This season I received $1250.00 , $200 in gas cards and $50 in timmys cards. and here is were it was spent.
    - $200 to my son , 11 trips to the trap line hauling bait (told everyone in his grad 8 class he was a professional wolf trapper because he was paid)
    - $668.31 for snaring supplies
    - $200 for fuel ( I threw in the other $1800 or so )
    - $200 to lease a trapline for the purpose of trapping wolves
    - timmy cards while they didn't last long

So we still have $181.69 in the bank for the start of next year
    11 wolves divided by $1068.31= $97.11 per wolf
    Sure hope you think you got your moneys worth
    hey trapman:

thanks for the summary; covers the waterfront

chris

ps. next year please allocate some of my $$ to a well deserved beer (and hot chocky for the young man)

Does anyone know if the Gofundme money was released??
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Gofundme money was released??
    I’m assuming so as my donation was taken off my card.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    I’m assuming so as my donation was taken off my card.
    Yeah me too, and I never saw it refunded.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

I believe it was but you would have to ask Steve , he is out in the hills again
    whognu Steve bought me 2 beer the day we got the triple on his donations

One of the more shocking accusations is that Trapman and PG66 are "trying to make a business out of this" or using the funds "just for beer money"

Both these guys are financially independent. Have you seen Trapmans toys?

Sometimes you just gotta shake your head at the negative stuff that small minded people dream up about other people.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

If there are any trap line owners or people that know owners of trap lines on the site ,I would REALLY like to talk about obtaining permission to use lines for the purpose the fixing our wolf problems

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    One of the more shocking accusations is that Trapman and PG66 are "trying to make a business out of this" or using the funds "just for beer money"

Both these guys are financially independent. Have you seen Trapmans toys?

Sometimes you just gotta shake your head at the negative stuff that small minded people dream up about other people.
    I couldn't imagine what it is costing them in fuel alone to runs traps 3-4hrs away one direction and now it is going to cost even more with higher gas prices. I am only going 45 minutes from my house so far and I am finding that I don't drive by too many gas stations. Saying wolf trapping is profitable is somewhere between walking on water or catching bullets in your teeth.

It’s great to see some posts on this thread got cleaned up.
    For a while it was looking like this forum needed an on site shrink.
    All joking aside, keep the predator reduction initiative going PG 66 & trapman!
    There aren’t many days left in this season but the start of the next one isn’t that far off.
    Predator accountability is on the verge of going to a completely new level.
    We just need the right drivers at the front of the bus.

Steveo try 6 hours to the farthest line and 2.5 to the closest than get on a sled and do another 3 to 5 hours on it it makes for some very long days. if we but out any snares on the furthest line we spend the night otherwise i leave at 4:45am and return between 12:00 and 1:00 am