Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

I nave never met Proguide.To suggest he took the money and ran is ridiculous. He is the most intelligent ,well spoken hunter out there.

If u follow him on instagram and Facebook, u'll realize the amount of work he does. $50 was nothing compared to the YouTube material he puts out for the antis to see. And he's probably the best person for the antis actually.

Thanks @Gateholio ! Messaged Steve on insta, hope he’s still doing it. Cheers

Hi Guys Just wanted to say a few things about the money that was sent to Pro guide . It was all spent on trapping wolves or sending supplies to people that trapped wolves (snares). Personally I never received any money from the gofundme but he did pay for accommodations on a few trips to region 3( $268.00), where we took 19 wolves. I know over 1600 snares were mailed out to trappers across bc and I hope they hit many of their targets. For the year you guys are talking about , I took 19 wolves and 15 coyotes . Pro Guide66 I believe took 26 wolves and 18 coyotes. Using the formula that the BC biologist use I was told that those numbers saved over 3800 ungulate in their life time. In the last three years I have spent close to $21,000 of my own money on wolf trapping some things like walking freezer & snares will last me many years but close to $15,000 was on gas, trapping supplies, truck repairs , accommodation, food and many other things that just cost a lot of money. This year my 14 year old son spent every penny he has ever received to buy a trapline for himself and guess what TRAP WOLVES. So if you like hunting ungulate we now have a area of over 2400 square miles that has a very good wolf trapping program being run on it. And who benefits from it ALL THE HUNTERS THAT USE THE AREA not me, It just costs me time and money. So can we talk a little about the people on this site that bitch about everything, you know who you are. You seem to have something negative to say about everything that is going on but I am sure you are the ones that sit on your asses and do nothing, wait till its to late to do anything or hope someone else to do it for you. You are wrecking this site, many great people have left the site because of these so called Hunters, conservationist or outdoors men. If you feel the need to bitch about everything you read on the site maybe it's the wrong site for you to be on. Personally at one time I love logging on to this sit a few times a day , now a few times a month and Pro guide he gave up a long time ago. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Thanks and everyone have a great season and be safe out there

I think most hunters on the site and hunters at large know that some guys (with 5 posts) have nothing better to do than try to destroy hunting, so they come here to this site and disrupt, put questions into the minds of our youth, and issue's of trust begin to surface.
    I/we know that yourself, Trapman, and proguide have had the integrity that some wish to have, and will achieve if they follow your examples....others like those who try defamation as another tool in the drawer...will never achieve because they have been mislead and they believe a lie.
    Lots of stand up guys on this site are attacked regularly on this site, you guys have integrity, thank you.

Good job on the wolves guys,
    anyone who questioned where the money went is a dork..

I sent cash in support and could care a less what it was spent on....hopefully a few beerz after humping through the snow getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by huckalowitch View Post
    I never had time or the patients to read all these posts but I red into it when it first started. I trap snare and shoot wolves every winter but couldn’t bring myself to ask for someone’s money and promise to produce. What I do think is fair is getting paid for results. There is a lot of us trappers in the northern part of the province (where most of you come to hunt) taking wolves every year, maybe not in the numbers that some others do. Mostly because we all have jobs to support our love of trapping. The go fund me should be divided up to whoever produces, not who promises. Whether it is one wolf or 50 wolves.
    Well last years go fund me got spent by a number of trappers. So I guess you will have to start your own if you want a hunter paid incentive to trap more wolves. But AS I recall you couldn’t bring yourself to ask for someone’s money.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Great work all of you trapping wolves, your helping us all out....if anyone needs a hand trapping or hunting wolves around region 8 or southern region 3, don't hesitate to PM me, I want to learn and do my part...I can provide muscle, and can hump traps and supplies up hills or whatever is needed...

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
    Hi Guys Just wanted to say a few things about the money that was sent to Pro guide . It was all spent on trapping wolves or sending supplies to people that trapped wolves (snares). Personally I never received any money from the gofundme but he did pay for accommodations on a few trips to region 3( $268.00), where we took 19 wolves. I know over 1600 snares were mailed out to trappers across bc and I hope they hit many of their targets. For the year you guys are talking about , I took 19 wolves and 15 coyotes . Pro Guide66 I believe took 26 wolves and 18 coyotes. Using the formula that the BC biologist use I was told that those numbers saved over 3800 ungulate in their life time. In the last three years I have spent close to $21,000 of my own money on wolf trapping some things like walking freezer & snares will last me many years but close to $15,000 was on gas, trapping supplies, truck repairs , accommodation, food and many other things that just cost a lot of money. This year my 14 year old son spent every penny he has ever received to buy a trapline for himself and guess what TRAP WOLVES. So if you like hunting ungulate we now have a area of over 2400 square miles that has a very good wolf trapping program being run on it. And who benefits from it ALL THE HUNTERS THAT USE THE AREA not me, It just costs me time and money. So can we talk a little about the people on this site that bitch about everything, you know who you are. You seem to have something negative to say about everything that is going on but I am sure you are the ones that sit on your asses and do nothing, wait till its to late to do anything or hope someone else to do it for you. You are wrecking this site, many great people have left the site because of these so called Hunters, conservationist or outdoors men. If you feel the need to bitch about everything you read on the site maybe it's the wrong site for you to be on. Personally at one time I love logging on to this sit a few times a day , now a few times a month and Pro guide he gave up a long time ago. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Thanks and everyone have a great season and be safe out there
    Thanks Trapman for all the work and effort you + you son do on trapping wolfs .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......