Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Just chipped in. Keep up the good work! Steve, your hard work should be appreciated (and contributed to by everyone on HBC. Grassroots conservation efforts at their finest.

Money sent.....thanks for the good work.

Money sent!
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Great idea steve
    I sent 200 Bucks
    The island needs it bad.
    i didn't read through all the posts but how does it work,
    do you distribute it to the trappers that ask or?
    i know some people that could drum up a lot of support for this.
    Thanks Ricks, and thanks everyone else. Here is what we are doing,

take note, S = success, F= fail

1. recruiting existing, experienced wolf trappers for areas that need help BADLY. S
    2. Contacting and gaining access to trap lines which are not being utilised in areas which need help BADLY. S
    3. Recruiting eager first nations who want to team up and help get it done. S
    4. Filling up existing trapline owners who can use it with wolf targeting knowledge. S
    5. purchasing gear online, getting them to ship directly via greyhound to trappers we KNOW will hammer wolves NOW. S
    6. EMT fuel money to trappers targeting wolves NOW S
    7. Rally online everyone we can to help with bait NOW in various MU's S
    8. Continue to request from knowledgeable people 'where' sensitive areas are NOW. S
    9. continue to recruit trappers who can and will help make a difference. S

Hopefully, we keep the funds coming. Once we have time ( all key players are as well trapping themselves), we will get more organised, create fundraising ideas and add the following,

We MUST create and maintain a social media presence which targets the non hunting community. We need to recruit younger gen hunters with content creating skills who can and will get this done. As I posted earlier, the anti groups posted their social media campaign results which with no doubt ended our grizzly hunt. They reached 188 million impressions. what were hunters doing? selling Yeti coolers to hunters, taking selfies with hunters, showing pictures and videos to hunters. Results ? we got slaughtered and continue to get slaughtered EVERY SINGLE DAY.

SO, we want to create some kind of contest to motivate the skilled youth into creating the 'perfect storm' of content for an massive online campaign which will be attractive to the non hunting community. We will then continually pay for targeted boosts via social media and start to win the war where its being lost now, its the only way to success.
    I am thinking a $ reward to the winning creator(s) and keep them onboard and funded to win the fight with new, refreshing content non stop. ( this is easier than most of you old farts think lol ).

And THAT is what BC Ungulate Foundation is doing and is going to continue to do. Simple really, and as far as I know, the only ones hitting these two VERY important items NOW. Key word - NOW, as in YESTERDAY. That deserves another S.

We are doing everything ass backwards. Hitting the goals with boots on the ground, THEN going after support and a web site and getting registered with the gov officially as a charitable org. But I guess thats a good sign though eh? We just showed the world we are 100% about ACTION, no denying it.
    And guess how much negative or confrontation we have dealt with so far? ZERO. Maybe two online 'hunting' ego challenged individuals total, bout it.
    We also have funds from out of country that came in !!!! ( all you resident hunters who have not sent support, whats up with that??).

OK, that's about it. We have nothing to vote about, nothing to fight about, and no ass's to kiss. We are all people who spend a shit load of time in the woods and know first hand how it works out there as well what exactly needs to be done.

Again,

WATCH THIS !!!

https://www.gofundme.com/ungulate-conservation-bc

PS, to all you people who sent cheques or are going to, there 'may' have been a postal code mishap. Its supposed to be V0N 2K0 thanks again.
    Last edited by proguide66; 02-07-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks for starting the storm Steve now its time for all of us to Help Steve and all the others that are making a difference to our hunting future

To busy skinning wolves will get a hold of you tomorrow Steve.

This is just the start.....awesome.

Money sent, keep up the solid work!

I'd like to thank Steve for his work ethic and dedication which we all benefit from.

Also, I'm very happy to see us resident hunters working alongside FN so our grandchildren can hunt in healthy game populations. We both have a mutual goal and together we can achieve something solid

This is such an awesome thread! Way to take the bull by the horns, Steve!

Truly inspiring. $100 sent