Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Holy shit, the refresh/ time our thing on this damned forum can kiss my ass. Just made a long detailed post and lost the effing thing.FRICK.

goin bed, wolves in am. I'll try this again tomorrow !

Any updates.....funds released??
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Just checked my account and my credit card has been billed, so GoFundMe has taken the money.

Good luck, Steve. Thanks

I don't want to derail the positivity in this thread but wanted to share what I came across on Facebook this evening.

http://victoriaanimalnews.com/one-man-bounty-wolves-bc/

This woman has started a head hunt for Steve and everything we're doing. I'm going to go ahead and assume she's one of the main culprits for getting the gofundme shut down. I've messaged her directly, condeming her post and encouraging her and others to do some actual research. I know it won't do anything but I couldn't just not say anything. The anti's are ramping up and spreading false information to incite hate and stir up emotions. We need to do the same (obviously truthful information) in our favor. We need to keep this moving. Everyone. Everyone needs to stand by Steve and our fellow trappers and be vocal about it. Spread facts. Share. Donate if you can. If you can't donate, spread the word. Don't be afraid to share the ugly facts either. Like Steve said, we need to spread our own information and get it circulating as much as they are. Also keep in mind, they are obviously watching us closely on here and aren't afraid to quote us. I like most aren't afraid of being seen or quoted but it's something to keep in mind. Don't add negativity or fuel to their fire.

That's my rant for the night. Have a good evening everyone and keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Dash; 02-14-2018 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    I don't want to derail the positivity in this thread but wanted to share what I came across on Facebook this evening.

http://victoriaanimalnews.com/one-man-bounty-wolves-bc/

This woman has started a head hunt for Steve and everything we're doing. I'm going to go ahead and assume she's one of the main culprits for getting the gofundme shut down. I've messaged her directly, condeming her post and encouraging her and others to do some actual research. I know it won't do anything but I couldn't just . The anti's are ramping up and spreading false information to insight hate and stir up emotions. We need to do the same (obviously truthful information) in our favor. We need to keep this moving. Everyone. Everyone needs to stand by Steve and our fellow trappers and be vocal about it. Spread facts. Share. Donate if you can. If you can't donate, spread the word. Don't be afraid to share the ugly facts either. Like Steve said, we need to spread our own information and get it circulating as much as they are. Also keep in mind, they are obviously watching us closely on here and aren't afraid to quote us. I like most aren't afraid of being seen or quoted but it's something to keep in mind. Don't add negativity or fuel to their fire.

That's my rant for the night. Have a good evening everyone and keep up the good work.
    Yes, came across it too..

I don't think you can reach people like that, they are hell bent, close minded to the hilt...

Will be interesting to see if they start showing up on his fb page....
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    PG66 and I were having a beer tonight. Well, a few beers

We discussed this. Anti's from either HBC or other social media complained to Go fundme, and there it is..

They won't accept that a grassroots and LEGAL method of predator control can happen. It's actually their biggest fear. They know they can pummel public officials into submission to not allow a government predator control program, but they can't control individuals, so they go after our fundraising attempts.

So easy peasy. Send Steve an EMT. Or find your local wolf trapper and fill up his gas tank. grassroots will ALWAYS be effective. This is the start, and it's going to be an ongoing journey to predator control,for years to come.
    Have the gofundme people said anything?
    According to their rules they will only shut down a campaign if there is evidence of fraud.
    It says any personal matters will be ignored and can be handled by legal council or local law enforcement.

In my opinion only people who have been on this forum for a year should be allowed to see certain content. If they don't provide content and have say minimum 25 posts, they can't get enter critical threads like this.

Similar to the EE on cgn

I agree with BigredChev

It could be damaging to have too many pictures and quotes used out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    In my opinion only people who have been on this forum for a year should be allowed to see certain content. If they don't provide content and have say minimum 25 posts, they can't get enter critical threads like this.

Similar to the EE on cgn
    Im in total disagreement on this thought due to the fact that post count doesn’t nessasary mean that the poster is knowledgeable. Maybe a screening process or posters being referred would be a benefit but probably the smartest plan would be to have inflammatory and controversial threads such as this one locked from the public or better yet discussed offline. Hunters have reached a low level of support in current times, the antis are lapping us up and laughing about it.
    Posts that state we are going to kick sand in the anti hunters face and show our prowess as a hunter by posting how many dead wolves we can rack up, just to provide more ungulates to hunt is doing nothing but pissing off the opposition.
    I’m in total support of predator management, I realize wildlife is in deep trouble due to habitat loss and predation but I also know that we are on a downhill slide if we don’t ditch our redneck attitude.
    Wildlife and hunters desperately need a voice in this province and right now there is none.
    There are some damn dedicated wolf trappers that have contributed to HBC for many years and these guys fully understand the wolf predation issue. Doesn’t it seem ironic most of them have been silent on this thread or banned from the site.
    Anyone that values hunting in BC had better sit back, have a coffee and think about what’s going on. If we don’t get this current negative attention turned around our days of grouse hunting are done.
    Last edited by SpottedPony; 02-14-2018 at 09:59 AM.