Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    Close to 10 years later. Grizzly hunt taken away. Caribou crashing. Mule deer hunting cut back announced. Steve notices NO ONE doing ANYTHING about the #1 problem - predation blow out.

Here's the shit part, the WORST part and THE part which you ALL need to be aware of.

Region 1 board and president of the VI Trapper Association
    An article in the newspaper, a very negative article I might add about Steve's wolf trapping campaign is not going to do trappers and trapping any good. Personally I'm not thrilled about it and don't think many others will be either. Now we, hunters and trappers, will be under the gun again.I will not support this iniative of Steve's and will not encourage others too either!

EMOTIONALLY REACTS to anti propaganda, ( a page STEVE didnt make), throws a licensed hunter, trapper under the bus, doesn't STAND UP, doesnt LEAD, doesn't MAKE A DIFFERENCE, doesnt put forth ANY resolution, ZERO mentions of how to do it better, bows to the anti propaganda....does NOTHING, makes ZERO difference..... makes it clear they are going to try and effing PREVENT ACTION.
    And THIS is an example of WHY we are where we are.
    WHO is going to rally the troops to make a difference? WHO is going to stand up and represent and fight for us?? WHO?
    AGAIN, all I have been doing is motivating licensed trappers and trap line owners to make a difference - THATS IT-.
    I am absolutely DISGUSTED. I'm sure this person is a super kind person, stand up citizen and makes a great anti pasta. Is this THE PERSON you guys need representing?? SERIOUS????

Do you all realize how weak we are when a guy living in Pemberton has to rally the ISLAND TRAPPERS?????? WTF is this person doing??

One shit eating post made by effind anti's using false words, statements and a regional director sides WITH THEM? SERIOUS??

Sorry for cutting your post, people here really need to read this several times and apply the concern to hunting in general.

The willingness and active desires by some individuals in hunting/trapping leadership positions to capitulate to anti-hunting efforts has to be recognized and euthanized.

This story is very similar to how Alberta just lost legal spear and atlatl hunting, except for indigenous peoples.

A few of our hunting stakeholder group leaders figured trying to pacify the anti-hunting community would be easy, just sacrifice a small part of ourselves.

Of course this anti-hunting beast greedily ate the offering, but is still hungry for more, they demand another sacrifice.

We will Never pacify this beast through offerings, we will only survive if we kill it.

This means targeting and eliminating those within our ranks that desire to play the sacrifice angle.

You gave enough hints as to who this person is. Figure it out guys, His ideology needs to be culled.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Sorry for cutting your post, people here really need to read this several times and apply the concern to hunting in general.

The willingness and active desires by some individuals in hunting/trapping leadership positions to capitulate to anti-hunting efforts has to be recognized and euthanized.

This story is very similar to how Alberta just lost legal spear and atlatl hunting, except for indigenous peoples.

A few of our hunting stakeholder group leaders figured trying to pacify the anti-hunting community would be easy, just sacrifice a small part of ourselves.

Of course this anti-hunting beast greedily ate the offering, but is still hungry for more, they demand another sacrifice.

We will Never pacify this beast through offerings, we will only survive if we kill it.

This means targeting and eliminating those within our ranks that desire to play the sacrifice angle.

You gave enough hints as to who this person is. Figure it out guys, His ideology needs to be culled.

FINALLY........and BINGO !!!!

Were you able to find the newspaper article?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    Were you able to find the newspaper article?
    Which article? Pm if that is appropriate.

Which article? Pm if that is appropriate.
    The article Steve was talking about.
    I know who he's talking about but I'd like to see the article.
    I couldn't find it online.

This may be a dumb question but oh well... is the Vancouver Island Trappers Association a part of the BC Trappers Association? On various forums and google searches I find people referencing VITA in context clearly distinct from the BCTA; But I can't find any actual reference to a stand alone association, contact info or names.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Yes the VITA is a local of the BCTA.

You're correct, but that is not the intent. This is a Research project.

This study may turn out to be a VERY important document in future caribou management decisions.

Why didn't the government just kill the wolves?

Simply, the research will now be focused on how wolves function in a closed system without caribou, only small game, mostly beavers, for prey.
    Hmm! You're right, there. It will be a very important case study.

Its amazing that the caribou population plummeted so fast! 600 down to less than 100 in three years. Crazy! All that starting off with 4 wolves.

Yes Greenthumbed makes you say hummmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    Region 1 board and president of the VI Trapper Association
    An article in the newspaper, a very negative article I might add about Steve's wolf trapping campaign is not going to do trappers and trapping any good. Personally I'm not thrilled about it and don't think many others will be either. Now we, hunters and trappers, will be under the gun again.I will not support this iniative of Steve's and will not encourage others too either!
    Is this for real ? The president of the VI Trappers Association is not in support of supporting trappers ? I just don't understand how this can be...since when did hunting and trapping become a dirty little secret we don't want anyone to know about ? Where is the pride, where is the standing up for what you believe in ? And what is this "we" sh$t...say what you will, but don't speak for me, I'm getting really tired of people trying to pass off their personal opinions as "on behalf" of other hunters and trappers ? Damn !!! If we can't stand up and be proud of what we do, how can we ever expect to be respected...if we act ashamed then we will be shamed !

Last edited by Islander30; 02-20-2018 at 02:48 PM.