Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

We need to keep bumping this and contributing. Steve’s energy,commitment and charisma is for the benefit of us all. It’s nice to have someone that’s articulate and very well spoken to have taken this on. He also as he’s said faces the repercussions of being the face of it. What an example for us all to stand up for what you believe in. They stay stand behind what you believe in and he truly stands in front. Some people talk about scientific proof of this and that. Sleds in the snow,and Boots on the ground is what I call solid science. Go fund me can go b**w me if they can be influenced that easily to cease contributions to a foundation that’s working to bring back balance and stability for ungulates in this province. I threw in on the go fund me and I’m glad I only gave them 5%. Should’ve gone direct and made every dime count. Next time I will. Let’s keep this going strong. Thanks again to Steve for taking the leadership role and bearing the brunt of the backlash for it. I’m glad he takes the bullshit and threats lightheartedly and takes this cause and commitment personally. Fellow hunters:inform your friends and family. You don’t just have to be a member here to contribute. Inform them of the situation in this province and what needs to happen and how they can support it. Hi pred#s and bad winter = two strikes against ungulates. Steve and the team he’s coordinated is working hard to even up the count so let’s all do our part and support the team.

^^^i agree, and great work Proguide....

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    It was worth the wait. Great post. I want to scream to the top of my lungs, " When are we going to get an organization that can be political, and represent HUNTERS?

God Speed, PG66
    I agree....unfortunately, due to the BCWF's political stance, we need such an organization as you mention, I've felt this way for a while now....it would be an organization that would promote scientific game management publically, and stand up to ignorant anti's that don't have a clue as to what's really going on out there...I'm sure there would be a lot of hunters that would pay a yearly fee to have our voice heard and our hunting rights protected..

Another great speech Steve to get the hunters thinking again, but wouldn't it be nice if we all just did something about it . We have just secured a very important trap line in region 3 which will produce many success I am sure. And put many more animals back on the hills

97000 hunting lic sold last year--- a$10 donation==almost a million--$100 donation==10 million lets support Steve or we wont be hunting in the years to come. I no longer hunt getting too old but I still support the cause. After 50 years of the best hunting we should try to keep it for all our kids and grandkids my rant.

HarryToolips you are right I would love to join a organization like that, and pay my dues

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    It was worth the wait. Great post. I want to scream to the top of my lungs, " When are we going to get an organization that can be political, and represent HUNTERS?

God Speed, PG66
    As long as the BCWF controls the narrative it isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I agree....unfortunately, due to the BCWF's political stance, we need such an organization as you mention, I've felt this way for a while now....it would be an organization that would promote scientific game management publically, and stand up to ignorant anti's that don't have a clue as to what's really going on out there...I'm sure there would be a lot of hunters that would pay a yearly fee to have our voice heard and our hunting rights protected..
    Am I missing something here? Steve posted it was the BC Trappers Assoc that's agin nothing about the BCWF?
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Steve - where can I send you my donation. Also I'm Sea to Sky based so if you need manpower - let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    It’s also interesting that there’s no talk of taking out the wolf pack from that island. I would think it would be cheaper and easier to do that, but obviously not a popular solution. They could still try and populate the other island but at least the Michipicoten Island caribou might have a chance to recover.
    You're correct, but that is not the intent. This is a Research project.

This study may turn out to be a VERY important document in future caribou management decisions.

Why didn't the government just kill the wolves?

Simply, the research will now be focused on how wolves function in a closed system without caribou, only small game, mostly beavers, for prey.