Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    In my opinion only people who have been on this forum for a year should be allowed to see certain content. If they don't provide content and have say minimum 25 posts, they can't get enter critical threads like this.

Similar to the EE on cgn
    Or maybe show proof of hunting license, and 3 references from known hunters, or something along that line

Anything to validate a real hunter from a lurking anti who is gathering information to bend and twist against us

In the case of the Dog Walker she may have just made it harder for average public to access Timberwest property, they probably need trappers to help manage their lands over dog walkers.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    Anything to validate a real hunter from a lurking anti who is gathering information to bend and twist against us
    I think it would be wise for us to develop some sort of email or membership list separate to huntingBC. No disrespect to Mark, but this site has become a source of information for anti's and an Achilles heel for us. I was thinking something along the lines of developing such a group by purchasing a membership whereas it is clearly stated that the money would be used to finance the control of predators, including wolves. That way should someone use the information from the site or distributed information, we could call them out saying they donated to the cause and therefore agree with our principles. The minimum donation could be set in order to deter an anti willing to sacrifice 5 dollars to gain valuable information....We could also create a reference list where Steve designates a group of trusted people and in order to become a member, you need to be referenced by them. That group of trusted references could very easily be created from this website and our group will grow in anonymity to any anti group.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

like many others have said, educating the public is SO important in gaining their understanding. I used to think negatively about trapping and even predator hunting, until I opened my ears to actual statistics on how many moose calves a male bear can take in a season. Since then, I've harvested 2 nice black bear boar. I share the meat with anyone who is willing to try it, and as often as I can, I explain the important of predator control and proper management. Celebrating predator management with a photo of a catch is just fine to those who are educated on the subject, but from the perspective of an uneducated would-be anti, a photo of a dead wolf is a real shocker. Maybe we try our best to post Links to the studies that support predator management and its importance to conservation and a photo of a wobbly fawn who will make it through the spring because a trapper has done his part. keep up the good work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I think it would be wise for us to develop some sort of email or membership list separate to huntingBC. No disrespect to Mark, but this site has become a source of information for anti's and an Achilles heel for us. I was thinking something along the lines of developing such a group by purchasing a membership whereas it is clearly stated that the money would be used to finance the control of predators, including wolves. That way should someone use the information from the site or distributed information, we could call them out saying they donated to the cause and therefore agree with our principles. The minimum donation could be set in order to deter an anti willing to sacrifice 5 dollars to gain valuable information....We could also create a reference list where Steve designates a group of trusted people and in order to become a member, you need to be referenced by them. That group of trusted references could very easily be created from this website and our group will grow in anonymity to any anti group.

I like where this is going. A membership to the foundation of 50 dollars to be able to enter and discuss.

I do like the reference idea, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor604 View Post
    like many others have said, educating the public is SO important in gaining their understanding. I used to think negatively about trapping and even predator hunting, until I opened my ears to actual statistics on how many moose calves a male bear can take in a season. Since then, I've harvested 2 nice black bear boar. I share the meat with anyone who is willing to try it, and as often as I can, I explain the important of predator control and proper management. Celebrating predator management with a photo of a catch is just fine to those who are educated on the subject, but from the perspective of an uneducated would-be anti, a photo of a dead wolf is a real shocker. Maybe we try our best to post Links to the studies that support predator management and its importance to conservation and a photo of a wobbly fawn who will make it through the spring because a trapper has done his part. keep up the good work guys.
    I'm am a long time hunter and my favorite animals to hunt have always been Stones, goats, deer, caribou and pronghorns. I’ve never had any interest in bears or wolves. This winter i helped a friend of mine who is a beginning trapper and targeting wolves. We’ve gotten two wolves so far and I’ve decided that I will also become a guy that fills Black bear tags every year. If for no other reason than the fact there are too many people out there trying to say it’s wrong and stop it.

I think we should start dedicating wolf kills to these people.
    Take pictures with a hand made sign that says their name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    I think we should start dedicating wolf kills to these people.
    Take pictures with a hand made sign that says their name on it.
    To be honest, after reading some of the crap that woman and her "people" are posting on Facebook, this type of behavior becomes incredibly tempting.
    Last edited by Dash; 02-14-2018 at 05:46 PM.

I see that gofundme that proguide66 created is no longer valid.