Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

I need one of those.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by DeepJeep View Post
    still having a hard time finding someone who actively traps in the kootenays...
    Google Dan Holmes in Kimberley he has been doing some major damage

**** NEW M-U HELP BRITISH COLUMBIA****
    3-27, 3-28,3-38, 3-39, 3-28. We have a VERY skilled, efficient man who knows what he is doing and willing to get it done. We need more gear and some fuel and $ for him to get it this going yesterday and hammer on it. If these MU's are a concern for you, please throw down what you can as this is for YOU and anyone else who recreates in these areas.
    This project is working but it only works from all of US to make it happen. If you are benefitting from all of this work and others helping but are not contributing, that's not cool.
    I am out the door again this am as a new pack showed in one of my areas in 3-16. ( I could be on a beach in sunshine right now).
    Share this, get it going, lets get this guy moving NOW. The tide needs to turn for our moose and mule deer there, this is THE way to do it !!!

thanks !
    SHARE THIS WITH WHO IT CONCERNS !!!!

PS, If you hunt where we are hitting it and are not supporting this, we want to know why. If you hunt where we are throwing down $ and time, DO support this and have hunting buddies who arent, tell us WHY please. thanks, cause I'm going to ask every hunter I see face to face when I see them.

https://www.gofundme.com/ungulate-conservation-bc

I ve already donated what I can. FWIW I don’t even hunt any areas mentioned yet still feel compelled to donate for the cause. Would love to see some pics of all efforts. Good job

Steve are you getting supplies like cable and snare equipment at a discount anywhere, I’m just hauling another load of bait out and setting again today up here in 625-626. A discount on snaring supplies would help me out.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cat catcher View Post
    Steve are you getting supplies like cable and snare equipment at a discount anywhere, I’m just hauling another load of bait out and setting again today up here in 625-626. A discount on snaring supplies would help me out.
    Thanks
    Send me a message with a phone number, name and grey hound pick up town. I will have equipment sent to you FAST. Let me know what size you prefer to, and THANK YOU ! Our 'MU's are adding up fast. The action and concern being displayed province wide is freaking awesome 9 and about effing time!!).
    I am just in door. Made 50 sets today and took my time to ensure all 'perfect'. I could tell by the snow story I actually pushed off around 8 to 10 wolves to do it. Feels good when you leave 'knowing' there will be wolves waiting for next visit.

Side note, the gofundme account took some wrangling to get them to 'approve' release of funds but was just informed its a GO. I was in direct contact with them and felt they were trying to lure me into stating ' trapping wolves' as to 'why and what' specifically. I managed to do some 'word wrangling', they relented and said they would release. If they didn't, they would have refunded all the donations and we would have been put back some 'time' as we would have had to start all over.
    The moment 'those' funds hit, MORE gear goes out to service multiple MU's and now including reg 6. Once every one is geared up, gas money emt's will follow to each of them. I have outfitters now jumping in with donations, out of province donors hitting it as well. First Nations as well actively assisting.

Its WORKING. We got this you guys and gals.

I am going to try and get a fully caped, salted and dried wolf pelt good for full mount, rug or hang to all people who donated $500 plus. Lets hope the catches are quality fur so we can do this. If we tan it ourselves it will take $$ which we cant really afford to drop on that yet. I have no tanning contacts to ask for donations and am certain it would be a tough sell to them anyway, dunno.
    I am getting messages NON STOP from literally everywhere, of I missed replies, I'm sorry, its nuts. Any questions can be directed to Trapman on here as well.
    PLEASE talk to your hunting friends, get them on board. We are literally racing the calendar to make as big a difference as we can NOW. Next year we will be lined out to really make a VERY substantial difference across the board. This is such a good thing I cant describe it.
    I only wish EVERY hunter knew exactly 'what' is going on out there and how it directly affects each of you. I realise many hunters are not entirely in tune with how this affects them in their outdoors.

Here is an example. I recently had coffee with a few long term farmer residence's in Pemberton. They told me of how during the last ungulate crash there was only "one doe" shot the entire season. They also said "if you saw one deer track, you went after it because you probably would see another all year".
    Believe me, this IS happening right now, except it or not, its REALLY happening in many places. EASILY proven.
    What we are doing is dousing the fire ASAP.
    Again, the mule deer issue, hunters paying for it AGAIN and as well the deer I personally hunt disappearing RAPIDLY as in "holy shit, I cant believe it" fast was the straw that broke the camels back.
    ITS ON !! We getting this done. Hit it, share it please.

https://www.gofundme.com/ungulate-conservation-bc

Done........
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Great idea steve
    I sent 200 Bucks
    The island needs it bad.
    i didn't read through all the posts but how does it work,
    do you distribute it to the trappers that ask or?
    i know some people that could drum up a lot of support for this.

Good work everyone!! Keep passing it on! Let’s help these guys help us and hammer out some friggin wolves!!!
    Tell it how it is!!!

Money sent. These guys are actually doing something and need our support. Anything helps