Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

BCrams the movement is so new and travelling so fast not every aspect of what we would like to do has been worked out yet. I know some of you would like to know what all of our plans might be ,and at this time we can only answer some of your questions but in time all questions will be answered. I believe if we were to workout all the answers, dot all the i's and cross all the t's the program would take 3 to 5 years to launch like most We may not know everything at this time but we have had results within 1 days of launching the program not sure anyone can say that
    -Get equipment and fuel money to where it can be most effective at this time . there are wolf trappers working in 7 different MU's
    - We have a couple good months left but seasons can last till June
    -Coordination is going through a group of skilled wolf trappers , FN and others , new trappers must be trained as per law (provincial trapping instructor)
    -Real time results and proof , It has only started and there is proof on over 5 to 8 different social media outlets

This donations are not used to hire professional trappers to go out and trap wolves. The money that is donated is being used to help cover SOME yes SOME of the costs involved and I insure you it does not cover all of them and none of their time. If you go back to the beginning of the thread you will find examples of time and money it takes to trap wolfs. Alone this year I have over $5000 and 200 hours involved in trapping wolves, getting and distributing bait and travel time and to date I have received $675 for my actions. And this $675 has being the most rewarding money I have ever made, it shows me people care and I am doing something to benefit all . We do not trap wolves for the money , We trap them because we want to see our wildlife return to the way it used to be. Your donations are simply helping great wolf trappers try harder to trap a problem predator and not go further in the whole

Bear with me here. How many do you need to remove annually or percentage to have tangible, measurable results for ungulates? Isolated packs in mtn valleys vs plateau and foothill areas?

We all get the 1 less is better. But in grande scheme of what we do know?

You convinced me not to bother with trapping, sounds awful expensive and you have to be a pro to get wolves.

Just a bit inquisitive!
    Last edited by BCrams; 02-10-2018 at 03:24 PM.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."

-- John Muir

So is the money from the go fund me 100% lost or is Steve still arguing for them to release It?

Quote Originally Posted by BCrams View Post
    Bear with me here. How many do you need to remove annually or percentage to have tangible, measurable results for ungulates? Isolated packs in mtn valleys vs plateau and foothill areas?

Just a bit inquisitive!
    who really knows; yet a couple minutes on the u-googly machine gets this............

Wolves ... Reproducing and growing wolves may need 2-3 times this much. ... Based on this average, and the estimate
    of 2,400 wolves in Minnesota, wolves kill the equivalent of about 36,000 to 48,000 adult-sized deer per year.

so 12 - 20 deer per wolf per year (ish)

i suspect that given a wolves mobility and need to eat, that they can and do move hundreds of miles each year to feed the machine

it would be cool to see where the effort has been successful

right or wrong i look at it this way

- there are too many wolves - unfortunately for them mostly due to man made access and as evidenced (very unscientifically) by
    every hunter reporting increased numbers province-wide

- we need a one time cull to drop numbers substantially

- while some areas will be eradicated (not necessarily the wish) others will be left, yet will eventually be 'barren' and the wolves will move to eat

- this program is sloppy, unmanageable and fairly hard to quantify

and this is why i think it is awesome and have sprinkled a good amount of cash to the boys (and possibly girls)

giddy-up

whognu

I believe they will either give it to him, (so they can make money off it), or it will be refunded...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Did PG66 get the money from the donations??

Hi Steve, any update on the gofundme? Before sending EMT would like to know if any donations already made are being refunded, or will they be released to you. Thx

Steve has sent supplies to the island and has or is going to the island to help train some guys! sh@t is happening over many MU's. Keep it going guys.

Did the GoFundMe but waiting to hear if the money is going thru. If returned will send via EMT.

Wtf is up with GoFund me? Can't they just send a mass email to the ones who donated and go "hey guys we hear this is being used to kill wolves. Are you sure this is what you wanna donate for? If yes click "here"".

It ain't that f***in difficult.