Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
    HarryToolips where in 8
    West Kelowna Peachland area..

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    why should we hide who we are or the things we do. Hiding makes it look like we're doing something wrong. Education is key??
    Not about hiding at all. In fact, I'm all for the opposite. But it would be nice to deal with less anti bullsh*t by making it slightly less convenient for them.

Here's some interesting articles about the relationship of wolves and woodland caribou on the remote Michipicoten Is. in Lake Superior. Seems BC is not the only battleground for the woodland caribou. This is a prefect case study of how wolves can decimate an ungulate population.
    https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/ont...land-1.3805575
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michipicoten_Island
    Last edited by Greenthumbed; 02-18-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks for the links. I would venture to say this is an example of predation and not habitat being the most significant factor in an ungulate population decline. This would apply to other species like moose here in BC.

It’s also interesting that there’s no talk of taking out the wolf pack from that island. I would think it would be cheaper and easier to do that, but obviously not a popular solution. They could still try and populate the other island but at least the Michipicoten Island caribou might have a chance to recover.

Here's the report.
    First of all, on my you tube channel alone, I probably get death threats by the dozens daily,( for years, over 50,000 comments), doesn't fizzle me. Sometimes I'll have my am coffee, read one, reply to it out of fun and stir the wasp nest for my own entertainment, giggle and head to work, bout it.
    I have been on the header of a few anti web sites over the years - so yawn, doesn't even make me blink.
    The most recent lunatic from Victoria's creation was like seeing road kill driving 100mph for me, just a blink, onward. One thing I try to explain to all is IF you ignore them, do not reply, they die. They get ANY attention? they grow - period. CNN and CTV new guys tried to get ahold of me last week. I reply? they get a story. I ignored them, no story, they move on.....they moved on. total attacks on me in a week from the web site? may be 12 people tops - pffft.

NOW, lets do a bit of a recap of EXACTLY what has gone on.
    As explained earlier, Steve drops $10k, 3 winters, makes a big difference in the Pemberton Valley when it was needed. Hunters gave him zero. BCWF board member goes 'anti wolf trapping, also anti bear hunting' delivers his trap line to the gov so it can never be trapped again ( in the worst wolf choked wintering grounds in the valley).... Steve doesnt hunt there anyway, C YA. ( disgusted). Did you all read that? I NEVER HUNTED THAT VALLEY FOR MYSELF.

Close to 10 years later. Grizzly hunt taken away. Caribou crashing. Mule deer hunting cut back announced. Steve notices NO ONE doing ANYTHING about the #1 problem - predation blow out.

SO, I changed my winter plans to rip around the globe all winter ( total PISS OFF), came back on here(HBC) to rally the province to take action and make a difference. Crowd goes wild.
    Day 1. I went out, video documented over 15 wolves, took down 6 in less than 24 hrs. ( um, ya, no wolf problem there). Post up results, crowd goes wild.

Trappers, trap line owners begin to get motivated. ( WHY THEY NEVER DID ON THEIR OWN IS MIND BOGGLING). WE all rally, start funding them, beautiful..... its 100% legal and working.

Word gets out, antis go wild..... ignore them, what ev.

Now here is what REALLY pisses me off and is a clear example of WHY WE ARE LOSING. And WHY I say 'eff em, I'll do it with out them'.

One more time to be clear,

1. Steve see's the need ( AGAIN) to deal with the real topic to help the crashing ungulates.
    2. Rallies everyone.(legally)
    3. Hits his own boots on the ground and is up to 11 'problems' down to date.(legally),

Antis post a web page rant using 'scare words' of "killing traps, animals getting killed, pets, kids, culling, exterminating", on and on and on....

Here's the shit part, the WORST part and THE part which you ALL need to be aware of.

Region 1 board and president of the VI Trapper Association
    An article in the newspaper, a very negative article I might add about Steve's wolf trapping campaign is not going to do trappers and trapping any good. Personally I'm not thrilled about it and don't think many others will be either. Now we, hunters and trappers, will be under the gun again.I will not support this iniative of Steve's and will not encourage others too either!

EMOTIONALLY REACTS to anti propaganda, ( a page STEVE didnt make), throws a licensed hunter, trapper under the bus, doesn't STAND UP, doesnt LEAD, doesn't MAKE A DIFFERENCE, doesnt put forth ANY resolution, ZERO mentions of how to do it better, bows to the anti propaganda....does NOTHING, makes ZERO difference..... makes it clear they are going to try and effing PREVENT ACTION.
    And THIS is an example of WHY we are where we are.
    WHO is going to rally the troops to make a difference? WHO is going to stand up and represent and fight for us?? WHO?
    AGAIN, all I have been doing is motivating licensed trappers and trap line owners to make a difference - THATS IT-.
    I am absolutely DISGUSTED. I'm sure this person is a super kind person, stand up citizen and makes a great anti pasta. Is this THE PERSON you guys need representing?? SERIOUS????

Do you all realize how weak we are when a guy living in Pemberton has to rally the ISLAND TRAPPERS?????? WTF is this person doing??

One shit eating post made by effind anti's using false words, statements and a regional director sides WITH THEM? SERIOUS??

"I'm not going to support him and will tell others not to".
    UM, guess WHAT? This aint about STEVE !!!!!! THIS IS ABOUT YOU, all of you. This is about how ALL OF YOU can and should be making a doifference. This is about how ALL OF YOU can do something. This is 100% about YOU !!! Over 50 legal licensed people motivated to make a difference across the province- OVER 50 !!
    and all the sudden its about "STEVE" ? And the BAD he is doing????

UM, can someone show this person ( or persons) the 188,000,000 impression social media campaign antis used to sewer us with the grizzly hunt alone? Can SOMEONE get these 'board people' up to effing DATE about just exactly HOW UNDER THE GUN WE WERE AGES BEFORE THIS EFFING THREAD???
    SERIOUS???? STEVE just made us under the effing GUN??? NO, there's a 188,000,000 impersions WAY ahead of ME.

I am absolutely disgusted but same time relieved as I NOW HAVE 100% PROOF why we are all in the current state we are with our hunting, trapping and quality of our herds as a whole.
    HOW do you all win now? huh???

Do with this what you want. You want to shoot the messenger? bring a BIG gun.

Again, I'll admit it in a second,I'm NOT the guy to deal with BS well, you guys need me in the bush ( I'll stay out of jail that way). I can rally, get shit going, get shit done. ALL OF YOU need to step up, clean the house and make things better.....if you want it.

I spend an honest 200 plus days in the remote areas of B.C. a year average. In the Sea To Sky to Carpenter lake alone, I have had around 60 self purchased cameras monitoring numerous migration trails basically year round for close to 10 years ( you know how much time and money that is??).
    Guess how many people I run into monitoring the moose? NONE, deer? NONE, wolves? NONE. NOT ONE - NOT ONCE EVER.
    Want to know WHY I do all this shit myself? Read the above paragraph again.

YOU ALL can make a difference. There are people who are sitting in positions who are SUPPOSED to be motivated, passionate and energetic as I AM and getting shit DONE, not suppressing it.

Anyway, on a side note, we know exactly who is supportive, helping and motivated. We are currently creating a network to contact each of you in private with what is going on, who is doing it and whats happening. From there you can relay the details to your trusted friends.
    Thank your selves for action, not me. Nothing happens without YOU.
    Again, there isnt ONE person big enough to humiliate, intimidate or judge me - not one.
    I would strongly suggest ( if you are in a position to) if you care enough, to start cleaning house where it counts cause right now there's some 'houses' in a pretty sad state.

ONWARD !!

It was worth the wait. Great post. I want to scream to the top of my lungs, " When are we going to get an organization that can be political, and represent HUNTERS?

God Speed, PG66
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

So what are you doing about funds now that gofundme is down? How is your list coming for trappers to put money in more specific areas?

Steve did gofundme release the money to you? Time for me to double my donation. Check will be in the mail. Keep us up to date.

Holy shit Steve, that motivated me to donate.
    How do I get funds, towards this cause, to you?